- 8 -

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chanyeol tapped his fingers on the counter while he leaned against it. He was bored out of his mind with it being a slower day. Kyungsoo stood next to Chanyeol, flipping a coin in the air and catching it.

"Heads," Chanyeol called.

Kyungsoo caught the coin and flipped it onto his arm. "Tails," Kyungsoo announced the outcome. "Wrong, yet again."

Chanyeol grunted in frustration and rested his head on his arms. He only picked his head back up when his watch beeped. "Looks like our shifts are over."

"Finally," Kyungsoo exhaled in relief. He already started to take off his apron. "Let's clock out and leave."

Chanyeol stood up to follow his friend. "By the way, why didn't you try to talk more when Jun-Oh came in earlier?"

"Because," Kyungsoo slowly began, "she didn't say anything more to me? There isn't anything I needed to say anyway."

"Or," Chanyeol took a step closer to Kyungsoo as he gave him a smug look, "you could've done something simple, like asked her about her day at least. Maybe even a little compliment?"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "I know you're trying to be a wingman here and you want the best for me, but I'm just going to stay here where I am and be single forever. I've come to my senses, and I realize that I don't need a relationship." Kyungsoo's nose briefly scrunched.

"Your nose twitched," Chanyeol pointed out.

"What?"

"Your nose gives a small twitch when you're lying." Chanyeol chuckled and pointed at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo put a hand over his nose and lowered his eyebrows. "No, it doesn't," he said defensively.

Now Chanyeol was laughing. "Stop trying to hide the fact that you like her." He messed up Kyungsoo's hair just as his phone buzzed. Chanyeol quickly peeked at the screen before sliding it deeper into his pocket when he saw Soojin's name in the text.

"Do you need to answer that?" Kyungsoo questioned him.

"No, it was just Lay," Chanyeol lied. "But go on and admit it. That you like Jun-Oh."

Kyungsoo hesitated, glaring at Chanyeol. "Okay," he let his hands fall against his legs, "so what if I did find an interest in her? What different does it make? I just work at a cafe that she often goes to. She won't even bring up my number when coming in." Kyungsoo crossed his arms and look away from Chanyeol. "She also left so fast today, probably because she doesn't want to be around me."

Chanyeol felt bad for his friend, but also knew the reality of the situation. His playfully smile appeared as he squished Kyungsoo's cheeks. "Awe," Chanyeol cooed. "You have a little crush!"

Kyungsoo slapped Chanyeol's hands away with a stone cold face. "Don't touch me," he ordered.

"If you see Jun-Oh come in again," Chanyeol gave him a serious face, "you better talk to her. Got it?"

"Okay." Kyungsoo shrugged. "I'll say 'Welcome to Universe Cafe, what can I get you?' Then, I'll tell her the total, hand her her drink, and say 'enjoy'."

"Why do you do this to me?" Chanyeol questioned, slumping his shoulders. "It pains me to see you right there in front of a girl you like and you won't do anything about it."

Kyungsoo looked into Chanyeol's eyes, as if he was contemplating something. However, he only sighed and walked around Chanyeol to the back room. "Just let me live in my quiet and antisocial world."

Chanyeol followed after him.

"See you guys tomorrow!" Suho called as they clocked out.

Chanyeol waved to Suho as him and Kyungsoo left the building. He turned to Kyungsoo before reaching his car. "Hey, don't give your hopes up bud."

Kyungsoo opened the door to his car. "See you tomorrow, Chanyeol."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro