11 - Dean Can't English to Castiel

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dean waited for Cas to say something, but Cas didn't do anything. He just sat there staring. It looked as though he was thinking over his answer, but that alone was enough for Dean.

"I am aren't I?" Dean said. "Oh god...and I forgot too, god I feel horrible."

"So did I," Cas said. "I was drunk too." Dean snickered, but then went serious again.

"So...how'd you figure out it was me?"

"So far you're the only other person who saw colours after the party," Castiel said.

TOLD YOU SO!

Brain I swear to God if you don't shut up...

"Why didn't you tell me?" Dean asked.

"Because you're straight."

This stopped Dean. Because yes, he was straight. At least he was pretty damn sure of it. But his soulmate was a guy...

"I..."

"Dean it's fine, I understand. Can we at least be friends?" Castiel asked.

Dean nodded numbly, too shocked to see the look on Castiel's face. Because despite the fact that Castiel knew Dean didn't want a soulmate that didn't chase away the hope that he had. Castiel's bottom lip was quivering slightly and his eyes were glossy. But Dean didn't notice.

"So..." Dean said slowly.

"I'll leave you to think this over," Castiel said quickly, standing. "See you tomorrow Dean." And with that he was walking out of the house, closing the door behind him. Dean barely processed the sound.

Holy shit it's Cas. Why Cas? Of all the people why did it have to be Cas? Why couldn't it be a girl? I mean come on world, I'm straight.

No you're not and you know it.

You know sometimes I question why in the world my brain even talks to me.

Because someone needs to show you the rainbow. Wether it's me or Cas, it's gonna happen.

Dean sighed. Suddenly the sound of the door opening echoed through the house and he stood up, hoping for Castiel to have come back. But he heard Sam's voice and got disappointed, sitting back down on the couch.

Sam and Gabriel suddenly burst into the room, both out of breath and laughing. Dean eyed them suspiciously.

"Did you guys run here?" he asked.

"Yep," Sam said breathlessly. "The Novak's are scary when they're pissed."

"Especially Luci," Gabriel said. "You'd think he was the actual devil."

"What did you do?"

"We pranked them," Sam said, smirking.

"Since when do you prank people?" Dean asked his little brother.

"Since forever Dean, get with the program," Gabriel replied for Sam, walking through the house to the kitchen. "Sammy you better have sugar in here!"

"I told you not to call me Sammy!" Sam shouted back. He turned to Dean who raised an eyebrow at him.

"What the hell is with you two?" he asked.

"I started a prank war with him, he invited me to stay over, I guess we're kinda friends now."

"Kinda?" Gabriel said, suddenly appearing again with cake. "Why Sam, I'm offended." Sam smirked at him before making a grab for the cake in Gabriel's hand. Gabe avoided him, tripping Sam over in the process. He then sat down on top of Sam who was lying on the floor. "No one steals my cake."

Sam rolled his eyes, then looked over at Dean, noticing his sullen mood. "What happened to you? And where's Cas?"

"He left," Dean muttered, looking down.

"What did you do?" Gabe asked accusingly.

"Nothing," Dean protested. "I didn't do anything, he's the one who did most of the talking. I just stuttered like an idiot."

"And why were you stuttering?" Sam asked.

Dean muttered the next words, quiet enough that the two teens just looked at him in confusion. "I said because he's my soulmate."

"Told you," Gabriel said to Sam.

"No, you implied it."

"Eh, same thing. Now Deano, are you gonna go make out with my brother or what?"

"Dude I'm straight."

"Yeah you keep telling yourself that."

~~

When Castiel opened the door to his house, he was met with chaos. Pure chaos. People were screaming and things were being thrown. Chuck and Becky just stood at the sidelines, watching with exasperated love.

"What happened?" Castiel asked them.

"Sam and Gabriel," Chuck said. "Apparently two Trickster's together is not a good idea. They pranked everyone. And don't worry, Lucifer already set off the prank in your room."

"Why was he in my room?"

"Because it was the only room not flooded."

"Wait what?"

"Sam and Gabriel blocked off all the rooms," Becky said. "And then filled them all with about 5 cm deep water. Also they filled Michael's room with feathers, Lucifer's with glitter, hacked Balthazar's laptop, dyed Anna's hair, hid Samandriel's games. They didn't flood your room but somehow managed to get a large amount of bees in there. They also didn't do anything to Raphael since his room is downstairs and well, it's Raphael."

Castiel just stood there staring. Gabriel had pranked them before, but this, this was ridiculous.

"But it was all worth it," Becky said with a wide smile. "Because Sabriel is adorable." Chuck sighed but smiled nonetheless.

Castiel walked into the living room, where Lucifer and Michael were. Michael was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. Oh and he was covered in white feathers. Like, completely covered. They were everywhere.

Lucifer was pacing the room angrily. And he was covered in glitter. Satan was covered in glitter.

"I'm going to kill them," Lucifer was muttering. "Them and all their families."

"You are Gabriel's family," Michael said wearily. Lucifer glared at him.

Castiel walked upstairs, to where the rest of the siblings were. Unfortunately though, they had opened the flooded rooms, letting water out into the hallway and then down the stairs. Good thing they had floorboards and not carpet.

Samandriel was running around frantically, probably searching for his games. Anna was in the bathroom screaming about her blue hair. Balthazar was in his room with a hacked laptop. Castiel walked into his room and took the laptop from him just before he threw it across the room in frustration.

"Those idiots are going to die," Balthazar growled.

"Where even are they?" Castiel asked.

"Probably at the Winchester's," Balthazar replied. He looked up to see Castiel's slightly red eyes. "Hey what happened?"

"Dean found out I'm his soulmate," Castiel said quietly, sitting beside Balthazar, bringing his legs up onto the bed to avoid the wet floor.

"And? Do I need to beat the living daylights out of him?"

"No please don't. He just said he's straight, and then I left. We're still friends though."

"Well if he's straight then what does that make you?" Balthazar said teasingly. Castiel shoved him roughly, knocking him into the puddle that was the floor. Balthazar yelped and then stood, tackling Castiel off the bed and also onto the floor. They fell down laughing.

Eventually Castiel went back to his room to get some dry clothes, and was met with a hoard of bees flying around. Castiel immediately shut the door again, breathing heavily. He loved bees, but that was a bit much.

~~

Dean sat silently in his room, thinking about life and crap. Well technically soulmates.

So Cas is my soulmate...

Yes you've said that like a million times. Don't wear it out.

But...Cas.

Yes. Castiel Novak. That guy you've been having dirty thoughts about for ages now.

I have not!

Accept it Dean.

Shut up brain.

"Dean?" Dean looked up to see John standing in his hallway. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Dean muttered. John just rolled his eyes and walked into the room. "No chick flick moments Dad."

"Shut up and accept the chick flick, coz we're talking about your feelings."

Dean rolled his eyes but knew arguing with John was impossible. "Fine. Castiel is my soulmate. Happy?"

"Ok now the feelings part."

"I'm straight and my soulmates a guy. Good enough for you?"

"Dean you're not straight."

Dean was surprised at how sure John sounded. It must've shown in his expression because John elaborated.

"The longest lasting relationship you ever had was with a guy."

Oh. I forgot about that.

Dean may have had a boyfriend at some point, near early highschool. He was a jerk though so Dean dumped him. John was right though, it had lasted a month longer than any relationships he had with girls.

"Not to mention you fangirl over guy celebrities."

"Do not!" Dean protested. John raised an eyebrow and looked over at the posters of David Tennant and Matt Smith and Benedict Cumberbatch on the wall. "What, they're from my favourite shows."

"So you mean to tell me that you don't even think they're hot?"

Dean didn't reply to this and John smirked.

"Now go apologise to your soulmate."

John left the room, leaving Dean alone with his thoughts again. Dean sighed, and then his thoughts went to Cas. The guy who despite what Dean thought, had managed to catch Dean's attention. The guy with the impossible blue eyes that were on Dean's mind all day. The guy with the lips Dean wanted to kiss, the deep voice Dean wanted reduce to moans. The guy who he was hopelessly falling for, soulmate or not.

With those thoughts, Dean made a decision.

~~

"How long are you just going to live here?" Sam asked Gabriel, who had made himself at home in Sam's room.

"Until my family isn't murderous?" Gabriel replied. "I dunno. It's fine though isn't it?"

"Yeah. Just don't mess with my stuff."

"Wouldn't dream of it," Gabriel said with an undertone of sarcasm. Sam sighed and sat down on his bed.

It was late and they were both tired from pranking all the Novak's. But neither wanted to sleep.

"Hey Sam, twenty question," Gabriel said from his spot at the foot of Sam's bed. Sam shrugged and agreed. "Favourite movie?"

"Lord of the Rings," Sam said. "Favourite show?"

"Doctor Who," Gabriel said. "What's yours?"

"Either that or Sherlock," Sam replied.

They continued on like that, asking simple questions about each other, learning more about each other. And then they started getting a little bit more personal. Not much though.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" Gabriel asked Sam.

"No," Sam said. "I had a boyfriend though."

"Wait what?" Gabriel asked, backtracking. "You're gay?"

"Yeah," Sam shrugged sheepishly. "Why do you think I had such a big amount of glitter?"

"Glitter hoarder?" Gabriel asked and Sam laughed.

"Okay, what's your sexuality?"

"Hell if I know," Gabriel said. "Questioning. Thought I was straight and then some guy completely ruined that theory."

"Who?" Sam asked.

"Hey it's my turn," Gabriel said. "Have you ever seen colours?"

Sam didn't say anything immediately. It wasn't like he had no reason to tell Gabriel, it was just...nope he had no excuse. "Yes."

"Can you see them right now?" Gabriel asked.

"Yes."

"So you've met your soulmate."

"...no."

Gabriel gave Sam a confused look then. "How does that work?"

"The colours just kind of faded in," Sam said. "I don't really know." Gabriel was silent for a few moments before nodding.

"Your turn," Gabriel said.

"Can you see colours?"

Gabriel nodded slightly.

"Who?"

"Someone," Gabriel said. "I'm not going to tell you just yet."

"Aww why not?" Sam whined.

"Because, I'm still figuring things out with them," Gabriel said. "I'm just going to give them time to actually get to know me before telling them."

"Telling them?"

"It would appear as though I'm in a similar situation to Cassie and Dean," Gabriel said, smiling almost sadly. "They don't exactly know it's me...I guess this sort of thing isn't as uncommon as one might think." Sam nodded in agreement.

A few minutes after that the two decided it was time to sleep and got ready for bed. They went back to Sam's room and Sam got into his bed, leaving Gabriel wondering what he was going to do.

"Where am I supposed to sleep?"

"You should've thought of that before pranking your siblings."

"Wow you're nice." Gabriel gave it barely a moments thought before jumping into the bed next to Sam. Sam gave a sound of protest but Gabriel ignored it. "Shut up I'm trying to sleep."

"In my bed," Sam muttered. He shuffled uncomfortably, moving so that he was facing Gabriel. Also didn't help that both of them slept without shirts on.

"Oh come on, you have a double bed," Gabriel said. Sam had to admit he had a point.

"Fine," Sam said. "Just don't prank me in my sleep."

"Can't make any promises," Gabriel said, winking. Sam couldn't help but smile as he rolled over and closed his eyes.

He didn't notice Gabriel watching him as he fell asleep. Not in a creepy way but in a what the hell am I going to do way.

Gabriel had figured it out from the moment Sam said his colours faded in. He'd researched it and discovered that passing notes can cause colours to appear, which meant that they met from starting the prank war. But he couldn't bring himself to tell Sam.

Gabriel didn't always have friends. He usually didn't let himself get that close to people. In fact he barely talked to people at all. Becky had hinted this to Sam when she told him not to pass this off as nothing, because that was the first time Gabriel had a friend over in, well, forever.

Gabriel knew soulmates could reject each other. And he didn't want to take that chance. Because he'd never admit it but he was scared. Scared of losing the first friend he'd had in ages, because he told him they were soulmates and he rejected him and never wanted to see him again. So he'd give it time and let Sam get to know him better, and let Sam make that choice in his own time. He'd never really liked the idea of soulmates being shoved at you so suddenly anyway.

~~

Dean opened the unlocked door of the Novak's house. Sam and Gabriel really had done a number on this place, it was a mess.

"Hey Balthazar," Dean said to the Novak in the kitchen. Balthazar glared at Dean. "What did I do?"

"Castiel is in his room," Balthazar said. "Say something nice. Or else." Dean nodded and went upstairs to Castiel's room.

Castiel was sitting on his bed. He'd gotten rid of the bees and now had them in a box on his desk. He stood as Dean entered, watching him carefully.

"Hey Cas," Dean said.

"Hello Dean," Castiel said.

"Okay so I lied," Dean said quickly. "Screw straightness." Castiel gave him a confused look. "I guess what I'm trying to say is..." Goddammit why can't I English? "I...oh screw it."

Dean took a step forward, pulled Cas towards him and smashed their lips together.

~~

I'm great at ending these chapters on great spots :D But yeah, so Destiel happened...and Gabriel having deep thoughts and stuff. I need to stop writing these chapters late at night. It's hurting my brain.

So I had an idea for a new fanfic, Destiel and Sabriel again, but in Supernatural Verse. Except Reverse Verse. Gabe and Cas are hunters while Sam and Dean are angels. So that might become a thing soon :D

And now to sleep. In other words, stalk youtube and actors for several hours before actually sleeping.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro