Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Mark parked the car, and we all got out of the car and looked at the towering building in front of us.

"Why're we at the mall?"

Mark smiled at me. "This is where our hair appointment is."

"You dye your hair at the mall?"

"Of course!" Sean exclaimed. "It gives us a chance to do some shopping afterwards."

"Do you not want to go?" Mark asked.

"Oh, no, I'm going." They grinned. "I was just curious as to why you don't go to a regular parlor or barber."

"It's more fun this way." Sean took my hand and pulled me towards the mall. "Let's go!"

The three of us giggled as we made our way into the mall. Mark and Jack led the way to a hair parlor on the second floor, and I was immediately suspicious when Bob, Wade, and Austin were there, as well.

I narrowed my eyes and stared at Jack, who laughed. "Nothing can get past you, huh?"

Bob approached me, engulfing me in a tight hug. "Happy early birthday, Alli!" He let me go, grinning. "We all made an appointment here to dye our hair. Well, except Wade, who's going bald. But you're dying your hair, too!"

A woman came out of a door in the back. "Alright, so who's going first?" Bob pushed me forward, and she smiled at me. "Great." She ushered me to a chair and quickly got to work.

The whole process took about thirty minutes, and I was finished before anyone else. Austin was done a few minutes after, and we talked as we waited for the others. Mark and Jack paid for everyone, and we walked out of the mall together.

"So." Mark spoke up. "Early birthday party at our house. Everyone coming?"

"Duh." Bob said, to which Wade nodded.

"Can I get a ride?" Austin asked.

"We'll take you." Jack said. "Bob, make sure you get the stuff."

Bob nodded. "Right." We all piled into our separate cars, and Mark drove Jack, Austin and I to the house.

I looked at Jack through the rearview mirror. "Are you guys really throwing a birthday party for me?"

He smiled. "Of course we are! It's going to be the only time in a while all of our schedules match up, and your birthday is next week." He reached back and tickled my leg with his hand. "We'll celebrate as a family separately."

Mark pulled up to the house, and we all got out, walking into the house together. Jack disappeared to check on something, leaving Mark, Austin, and I in the living room.

Mark grinned at me. "Are you ready for the best birthday celebration of your life?"

I grinned back. "Can't wait."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro