Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I was surprised to find that Jason, Brody, and Austin weren't waiting for me when I got off the bus, as usual. I looked around, thinking it was a trick, and spotted Jack walking towards me, talking to Mark. He spotted me and waved, and I smiled, waving back. He jogged up to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Allisun! Good morning!" I nodded back at him, silently telling him the same.

Mark reached us, grinning. "Good morning, Allisun. How was your night?" I gave him a thumbs-up. "Good." Jack let me go, and the three of us walked into the school. "So, Allisun. Any big plans this weekend?" I grinned, nodding. "Are you excited?" I nodded again. "What are they?" I opened my mouth, then shook my head. "Oh, right. You don't talk."

"Mark, don't make her feel bad." Jack said. "What's your first period? Free period?" I nodded, and he smiled. "Great, so do we. Let's go to my classroom and talk."

I followed the two to Jack's class, putting my stuff on the first chair I could find. Jack went to his desk, jumping up and sitting on it. Mark chuckled. "You're such a child at times."

Jack grinned. "I just have too much energy." I smiled, and Jack looked at me? "What?"

I walked over to the whiteboard, taking a marker and writing on it.

You remind me of a friend

"And who might this friend be?"

You wouldn't know him. He's not a student. He's about as old as you two are

"What's his name?" Mark asked.

Bob. He's my uncle

Mark and Jack glanced at each other, sharing a strange look. I tilted my head in confusion. "Oh, sorry." Jack said. "It's just... one of our friends called someone their uncle last night, and they're not related at all."

Mark nodded. "But they are really close, given their huge age gap."

Jack smiled. "But nevermind that. What are your big plans this weekend?"

I'm meeting up with some friends

"Oh, that sounds fun!" Mark exclaimed.

I hope it is. I haven't met them yet. They're online friends

"How'd you guys meet?"

My uncle introduced me to them. They're really cool and funny

"Well, I hope you enjoy yourself. When are you meeting them?"

Friday after school.

"That's in two days!" Jack exclaimed. "No wonder you're so excited!"

What about you two?

Mark smiled. "We're meeting up with some friends, too. And..." He trailed off, looking at Jack.

He finished Mark's thought. "We've talked about it a lot, and we finally decided to look into adopting." I grinned and jumped up and down, clapping. Jack was laughing. "It's really not that big of a deal. We have no idea where to even start."

"But we'll figure it out." Mark said, taking Jack's hand in his. "And we'll pick someone perfect for us."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro