6: ADRONITIS

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

ADRONITIS: FRUSTRATION WITH HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET TO KNOW SOMEONE

A week had elapsed.

Changkyun and I were in the kendo club where the interview for our monthly magazine was finally taking place. I couldn't help but notice Wonho glancing at my way from time to time even though Changkyun was the one asking questions.

"Despite attaining a full scholarship while studying for your bachelor's degree you also have an amazing record in your club activities." Changkyun had his legs crossed, one arm over his chest and another making gestures in the air. This was his 'serious' aura, which was hard for me to take seriously at first but now I had gotten used to him.

"I was in the swimming club during my first year." Wonho nodded. "And the bicycling club too. Second year I thought to take it a bit slow, so I joined the art club and the photography club. I didn't last long in any of them."

"You can draw? And all that too?" I couldn't but remark impressed but he only tucked his lower lip inside his mouth and smiled like that.

"Hyung is great at doing many things," Changkyun gained back my attention then turned to Wonho again. "Third year you joined the taekwando club, didn't you hyung?"

"I learned taekwando when I was younger and forgot most of it, so that club didn't work out for me." Wonho let out a small laugh. "Shownu is better at swimming than me, I joined seeing him. And Kihyun talked me into that photography club."

"Didn't you win in a national swimming competition during high school?" Changkyun questioned, next second he sighed when he saw Wonho not acknowledging it and rather pressing a white towel against his neck.

The spring boy was still clad in the black martial arts outfit, even though the practice room was completely empty save for us. Only he was practicing here out late.

I wondered why he joined all those clubs, aced in all those activities and gave up on them one by one.

That wasn't my place to ask, especially because he looked like he wouldn't really answered that. Perhaps he didn't find those routines to his liking. "How about the kendo club? How's this one for you?"

When he looked up at me I realized the tip of my pen was inside my mouth and I was chewing on it. Flustered, I put it down. The pale boy with a flush decorating his cheeks bobbed his head up and down. "I like practicing kendo, though I have to admit I joined this one because of Shownu too."

Changkyun picked up from there. "How about your passion for music? Were you influenced by anyone choosing your major?"

A humming sound left his mouth as he absent mindedly scuffed the towel on the side of his neck again. "Not anyone in particular. I liked playing a bit of instruments, liked listening to music and could sing a little. People praised me so I thought I had a talent."

"You do have a talent," I immediately spoke up.

I could recall that there was a glimmering light when he talked about music to me last day, but today while talking about himself I couldn't help but feel like that he kept shutting himself down, putting a blind to hide that light.

"Yeah, you do. At this point you're fishing for compliments," Changkyun snickered playfully. "Do you want me to bring out how many trophies you bagged with all those music competitions?"

"He did?" I asked, baffled, really I didn't know much about Wonho yet and that had to change.

"Kihyun sang in them I only worked a bit in the arrengements." Wonho protested.

"Yeah and you also worked in the producing, lyrics and backup vocals." Changkyun counterattacked.

Wonho went silent with an expression that clearly said that he didn't want Changkyun to press more in any of these topics.

"You're the golden senior with a whole article bragging about your good qualities and achievements in the monthly magazine," Changkyun, however, did not stop and kept talking, "You need to brag a little, Hyung. Learn to be a young flexer like Kihyun."

I had no idea who that young flexer Kihyun was, he kept making an appearance in the conversation so I had assumed that he was a part of their friend circle. Wonho laughed out loud hearing that from Changkyun and the gloomy atmosphere dissipated with that.

To make it lighter, I held a hand up in the air. "My turn to ask now." I tucked in the notebook sitting on my lap and got ready with my pen.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Lame. That is what you came up with?" Changkyun mocked and I had to give him a short glare to the side.

"There are a lot of colors I adore but my current favorites are red and blue."

"Blue is my favorite too!" As soon as I had gushed about it a memory flew me by. In that date with Wonho I was wearing a red blouse with a blue skirt.

Suddenly I felt my face radiating a massive amount of warmth, barely could I look at Wonho. Maybe I was going ahead of myself, he couldn't possibly like those colors because of me.

But again, he made it clear those were his 'current' favorites.

"Why do I feel like I'm third wheeling here?" Changkyun commented in his low pitched voice. "Do you have any more questions or should I enlighten myself?"

Time to give him a second deathly glare. After I was done, I tried to recollect myself by shaking my head a little. "So... um, yeah, you were quite recently discharged from the military right? How was your experience in the army? How is it like to be back after that?"

There was a slight change in the air around us again. I wondered if I was only imagining that but Wonho looked too stunned to speak and Changkyun shifted by my side.

"My experience, it was good," he stumbled on his words a little, lost in himself. Then he showed me a small smile. "I was discharged a few weeks earlier, actually and took a bit longer to get back to university."

I noted his response down in brief. "Why did you get discharged early?"

"Sunny...," Changkyun said in a hushed tone, but that very tone was alarming.

"My younger brother died in a car accident while I was in the army. They let me attend the funeral. After that my health deteriorated, I got discharged."

My heart stopped beating for a second only to jump loudly against my ribcage next. Never would I have expected an answer like this. He never mentioned he had a brother last time I met him, I couldn't recall too if there was any sign I had overlooked.

I only came back to reality when Changkyun nudged me on the shoulder. "I am so sorry!" Immediately my voice arose, sounding like it was out of breath.

"It's okay," Wonho said with a reassuring smile. "People die. His death was sudden to me but I've coped with it now."

For a moment it was all quiet before Changkyun cleverly dodged the topic of his brother's death and went back to the interview.

I couldn't bring myself to ask any more questions. My head was filled with hazy thoughts. Suddenly it made sense why Changkyun was surprised because Wonho said yes to going out on a date with me, or how he said to deal with Wonho gently because he had gone through some things.

There wasn't any sign of grief that I saw on Wonho's face. He looked okay and that was all I wanted, for him to be okay.

Changkyun was anything but okay as soon as we were done and outside, only two of us now. He let out a heavy and dejected sigh. "I should've consulted with you on what to ask him and not. Thanks god, you didn't go in depth and pulled out more."

"More of what?" I asked. The sky outside had taken a deep shade of blue, the sun had set long ago. The lights of faculty buildings and streetlamps were the only ones illuminating the campus.

"Ah, forget it." He waved a hand in the air shrugging it off. "Aren't you late for your part time?"

"Oh god," I checked my wristwatch to see it was only fifteen minutes to seven.

The part time at the library started exactly at seven. Before long I was gone, but the enigma surrounding today never left me.

---
A/n: um holy shite last time I updated was 18th August and it's 9th September today. I'm so sorry for making you wait.

I was out of motivation and a big slump hit me. Please tell me, are you still reading this?

Also support wonho's album love synonym and watch his MV open mind if you haven't yet!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro