47🔸Burn for you

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Princess Chitrangada

Third Person

"Enough Arya" Princess Chitrangada huffed placing her arms around her husband's broad shoulder "Enough of you studying Dhanurveda. You're either meditating, practising or studying, do you even remember you've a wife waiting for you?"

Arjun smiled his eyes fixed on the parch he was calculating on "It's never 'enough' Chitra. The more I immerse myself in Dhanurveda the more complicated it gets" Arjun then lifted his eyes and husked into her ear "And your husband loves to win over complicated puzzles, like he won over a certain princess who was hell bent on 'not being controlled by any man' "

Chitra saw the familiar mischief flickering across his golden orbs and she felt blood rushing into her cheeks as she remembered the words she had said to him the first day they met.

She wondered what had happened to the rebel princess for whom love, wedding and husband were the last thing to ponder over. The Princess whose only aim was to rule Manipur, who was the last person to get enamoured by any man.

But again her husband wasn't 'any man', her husband was the most valorous warrior the earth had ever witnessed. His charm was something she or any woman could never resist.

"Just like you won the most arduous Swayamvar of all time?" Chitra retorted her almond eyes cautiously watching his expression. She removed her hands and sat beside him, keeping her head on his shoulder.

She knew the Princess of Panchala was born from fire just so she could marry Arjun. She remembered her father talking about it and now when he was her husband she didn't like to believe some woman was born just to marry her husband. On top of everything Panchali was known to be the most beautiful woman.

But if Draupadi in fact was that beautiful why would Arjun ask for her hand? He was enchanted by her beauty to the extent that he himself proposed the marriage. Chitrangada was certain it was her that ruled his heart, at least that's what her husband made her feel through his love and passion.

She spent three years with him, she was the mother of Arjun's child and she knew Arjun was yet to start his conjugal life with his first wife. The very thought gave Chitra a sense of satisfaction and pride, pride of possessing the valorous third Pandava in a way that no woman had ever done, not even the most beautiful princess, Yajnaseni.

Arjun remained silent, his gaze shifting from the parch to the bloomed blue lotuses that were accusing him of betrayal making a lump form in his throat. Chitrangada's words awakened the emotions he so desperately had suppressed within himself for Arjun knew if he let them out he would not be able to spend rest of the year that was yet to spend.

Four more years

"Why you go silent every time I mention anything regarding her?" Chitrangada expressed her chagrin "It's been three years of our marriage Arya, I do deserve to know about your first wife"

How could Arjun tell anything about her, the majestic blue flame. Her rain soaked earthly eyes, her selcouth fragrance that still lingered in his soul occasionally making him aware of its presence, those wild curly locks and those luscious lips.

Arjun closed his eyes reminiscing the elysian night. He had claimed her that night through the kiss, pouring all his emotions in it and his Krishnaa had reciprocated with the same intensity. It seemed like the whole world was an illusion and the only truth was her and that very moment.

Chitrangada felt a faint feeling of resentment rising within her as she observed him, appearing absolutely detached from the world, from her and she couldn't take it "Arya?"

Arjun was hauled out of his out of his potent reverie and fluttered his eyes open. Immediately composing himself he looked into Chitra's soft brown eyes "You'll know her soon, when you visit Khandavprasth"

Chitra's face lost its glow remembering in just two days her husband was leaving "Why can't you spent the rest of your exile here, Arya?"

"It's not possible Chitra" Arjun reasoned.

Chitrangada didn't cross him, the last thing she wanted to do was argue before he leaves "I wish I could come with you Arya, how am I supposed to live without you by my side, how..." Her voice choked as tears blurred her vision. She curled more into Arjun's arms who tightened his hold.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily Princess Chitrangada" Arjun quipped trying to lighten her mood "My son is going to keep you on your toes"

Chitrangada laughed with tears still burning the back of her eyes "He sure will, He already does"

Arjun looked at his two months old son, Babhruvahan, who was deep asleep in his crib. The  moment he held the little bundle of joy, his very own flesh, for  the first time, he regretted the promise he gave King Chitravahan.

He still didn't see his firstborn and didn't know when he would see his Babhru again. Perhaps this was his fate, leaving his loved ones behind no matter how painful it was for him.

"Promise me you'll come frequently to visit us" Chitra demanded with a sob.

"Your wish is my command, Princess" Arjun kissed her teary eyes while removing her nose ring, his lips slowly moved down exploring every inch of her body, making Chitrangada's whole body flooded with pleasure in the process and soon her babelicious husband made her forget about all sorrow and complains.

Draupadi

My shaky fingers roved over the painting of a certain curly haired Brahmin as a single tear trailed down my face as the memory of a young princess garlanding a certain amber eyed Brahmin with dream in her eyes and exhilaration in her heart, floated before me.

The first taste of love, of womanhood had made her giddy with joy when she was almost abducted from her own swayamvar by her heroic husband. She had thought life would be just as simple and thrilling with her husband by her side, loving and protecting her from the world...

Oh what a fool that teenage kid was.

I lifted my eyes and stared at the reflection on the mirror. In front of me was the Queen of Khandavprasth, mother of four beautiful princes. Her face rigid with responsibility that she herself had taken over. From looking after the finance to knowing every single detail of all the maids that worked in the inner palaces, she was aware of everything.

But something about her eyes was different, those eyes were still longing to have the slightest glimpse of a certain pair of abendrot orbs that years ago had captivated her soul in a way that she didn't know was even possible.

My fingers spontaneously moved around my neck as I traced the astute chain. A small smile crept around my face as I remembered the very first night I had spent with him.

The full moon sky filled with stars, the silent woods, musical waterfall and us. His mischief and teases, my lovelorn heart and unbearable blush. It all seemed like a dream, a dream I would love to relive every single day and probably would never experience again.

I looked up at the full moon, placing my head on the chain of my swing as unwanted silent tears trailing down my face "I hope and I am certain you found the kind of love you deserved and yearned for in your Chitrangada" A scoff escaped my mouth "Three years, your third wife spent three years with you and gifted you your second child and I, your first wife barely spent three nights with you"

I dug my fingers into my palms as the image of a faceless princess being wrapped in my Arjun's arms flashed in front of my eyes making my jaw clicked as I felt someone was lacerating my heart with a knife.

"I shouldn't feel the way I am feeling right now, You've every right to experience the kind of love you always craved for with the woman you chose" I swallowed down the sob that threatened to come out "The fact is you never chose me Arjun. I was just a reward you received after proving your valour and later shared it with your brothers. And everything that you said and made me feel was the result of nothing but infatuation"

Stop!

A voice inside me begged. The voice was of the Panchal Princess whom I was so mercilessly humiliating, of the Swayamvara who still believed all that every word I uttered were false, of the new bride who still believed she ruled the third Pandava's heart, of the wife who was still waiting for the twelve years which appeared like twelve thousand years to get over.

"Despite all these your Krishnaa still awaits for you, her soul craves for you and her heart still burns for you" I whispered to the man who was miles away from my physical self yet closer to my soul than anyone could ever be.

NOTE : [[ In the epic when Arjun went for penance for five years Draupadi in front of all her husband admitted that separation from Arjun is more painful than her humiliation in the court. Imagine the intensity of her emotions and of course the reaction we got after he returned Khandavprasth with Subhadra tells a lot about her feelings regarding Arjun's polygamy . ]]

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Some people have problem with Draupadi feeling sad regarding Arjun, lmfao. What do you expect her to be?

First of all if you think feeling sad or crying makes you weak please go to a psychiatrist, please. Something is wrong with you.

Darupadi have MANY reasons to feel the way she is feeling, 12 freaking years of separation is not a joke and it could rise a lot of questions and misunderstandings because they didn't have ANY contact between them.

Anyways, I really don't wanna explain anything separately. You don't like it, don't read, BREAKING NEWS it's just as SIMPLE.

Anyways, hope you guys liked it, loads of angst I know but can't help it. I'm trying to wrap this exile period as soon as possible 🤧

I will add Ulupi's aesthetic soon 🌚

Don't forget to vote and comment if you like .

Jay shri Krishnarjun
Arjunaradhika

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro