9: This is why we don't split up

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Empty? What do you mean empty?" Bajan asked.

"I mean it's empty. There's no one here," Sky said. He heaved himself up through the hole. "Come up and see for yourself."

Bajan went first, putting his shovel down before getting a boost from Jerome. I went next, also getting a boost from Jerome. Sky helped me up and I looked around. The dungeons were like all other dungeons: small, dirty, water dripping from the roof and smelly. Not that I've been in any dungeons before, but that's what all the books say they are like.

"So now what?" Sky asked when everyone was out of the tunnel.

"I guess... well, where else could Herobrine be?" Bajan asked.

"In some stories, the prisoner is in the tallest tower," I said.

"This isn't a story Riley, and it isn't a fairytale. It's real life," Jerome said.

"Technically it's a video game, but she's onto something," Sky said. "Many stories are based on real things. I'm pretty sure prisoners were kept in the tallest tower in Medieval times. Especially in winter when the dungeon flooded. And there's only one way up to the tallest tower, where there might be several ways to get to a dungeon."

"Since when were you the smart one Sky?" Jerome asked.

"Give me some credit Jerome. I did listen in school sometimes."

"So we should check the tallest tower. Only problem is, how will we get there without being seen?" Bajan asked.  

"And where is the tallest tower?" Jerome wondered.

"I think we should split up," Bajan said. I opened my mouth to object but he beat me. "I know that it's dangerous, but it's our only option. We can get around easier, have a lower chance of being seen and a higher chance of finding the tallest tower and Herobrine."

I sighed. "Fine. But what if we get found by Entity or Null?"

"Run like hell," Bajan said grimly. "We can't beat them in a fight, especially not alone or in a pair."

"So who's going with who?" Sky asked.

"I'll go alone. Sky and Jerome, you guys go together and Riley and Sub, you go together too," Bajan said.

We nodded and split up. Sky and Jerome went out a door on the right and Sub, Bajan and I went to the left one. We walked silently up the stone staircase and reached the ground floor. Bajan went right and Sub and I went left again. We jogged as quietly as possible, our hands on our weapons to stop them rattling. I had left the map behind at the tunnel and I felt very light as we jogged. We turned countless times, lost inside the massive castle of Entity. It was probably three times as big as Herobrine's castle, and five times as chaotic. We jogged for about 20 minutes without finding anything. Sub and I turned yet another corner and found a passage that was exactly like all the others we had been in.

"This is getting us nowhere," I sighed. "We could have been down this three times already for all we know."

Sub nodded and gently grabbed my hand and pulled me along. I was starting to feel a stitch in my side, so I slowed to a walk. Sub also slowed and we walked side by side. Ahead of us, several passages branched off the one we were in. Someone walked out of one of them, his head down as if he was in deep thought. He seemed to sense our presence and looked up at us. Sub and I froze.

White clothes, black skin, yellow teeth, red eyes.

"Run like hell."

Not arguing with Bajan there.

Sub and I took off, sprinting as fast as we could away from Entity. He ran after us, calling out to Null. Sub and I didn't stop running, turning down passages in any order, all thought in our head erased by fear. A red spear of magic missed me by a hair and I panicked, turning off into yet another passage, leaving Sub behind. I didn't even notice that I had left Sub. The stitch in my side was painful, but the pain was driven from my mind by primitive terror.

I ran and I ran until I could barely breathe, then I ran into a room and closed the door behind me. I slid down it, gasping for air. I didn't hear anything come after me. It was all silent. I sighed with relief, my breathing steadying as I relaxed. Then the door was thrown open, sending me sprawling on the floor. Entity stood in the door frame.

"Hello Riley," he said, grinning.

I gulped. Nowhere to go. I had trapped myself.

"You know, I've been wanting to meet you again," Entity said. "You.... interest me. First of all, you're normal. Without a gift. Second of all, you're the first human to ever cut me. I don't count Herobrine as human. He's a monster."

"You're worse," I said, my voice shaking the tiniest bit.

Entity grinned again. "That's another reason why you interest me. You don't show respect to those who deserve it. You throw sarcastic remarks around, not caring how they affect you in the future."

"I'm not good at thinking ahead. It's an advantage," I replied, smiling. As long as I talked, I was alive.

"I think you'll find it's more of a disadvantage in your case," he answered. "If you don't bite your tongue, you'll find yourself in a lot of trouble."

"It's a good thing I know how to get out of trouble then," I smiled.

Entity laughed. "Not this time Riley. You can't escape this time."

"I wouldn't be so sure. On a side note, have you heard of a guy called Mr Robert?"

"What?"

"I think his first name is George. But he looks similar to you. I think you'll get along quite well."

"What are you talking about?" Entity was quite baffled now.

"Mr Robert. Black skin, yellow teeth, red eyes. I think he has a drinking problem. He teaches history at my school. Boring as."

"Why did you feel the need to bring him up?"

"Well, you were boring me almost as much as he does. And that's an achievement, trust me."

"Why you little-"

I kicked him in the shin. He yelled in shock and pain and limped a step to the left. I seized the opportunity and sprinted out of the room, back through the castle. I heard Entity yell after me, calling for my death. Seriously, all I did was infiltrate his castle, insult him and kick him in the shin. I don't know what all the fuss is about (High levels of sarcasm used there. Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't just kill me as soon as he saw me).

I reached a large room with a soaring roof, a carpeted floor and a large glass stained window covering the back wall. I ran into the middle of it before I stopped, hunched over my knees, breathing deeply. The door creaked behind me and I spun around. Entity stood there, a black sword in his right hand. He chuckled softly before slowly walking up to me. I drew my sword. There was only one door to this room. I had gotten myself trapped again.

"Riley? Riley? Where are you?" A voice called in my head. It was masculine, but not very low.

'Who... who are you?' I asked.

"It's me, Sub. Where are you? We can't find you but we can hear Entity yelling," Sub said.

'I'm in a large room with a stained glass window in one wall. Hurry, I'm facing Entity,' I said, raising my sword.

"We'll be there as quick as we can, just hang on!"

Sorry I didn't get this chapter out yesterday guys, I didn't have the opportunity to get on the computer at all. But here you are, I hope you enjoyed it. Also, there's probably only a few more chapters left in the book.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro