30 - Her Chosen One

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"The important things to remember when Apparating are the three Ds! Destination, Determination, Deliberation!"

I was barely listening as the funny little wizard with the funny little name droned on about D words.

There was only one D word on my mind.

Draco.

It had been almost a month since our little reunion in the Room of Requirement. He hadn't attempted to approach me since, and I was too proud and admittedly too afraid to confront him again.

But I hardly saw him anyway; he rarely appeared at mealtimes, and any classes we had together, he would just sit moodily at the back, not really talking to anyone. He seemed lost in his own tormented world.

"Malfoy, be quiet and pay attention!" Professor McGonagall barked.

Draco flushed a dull pink, looking furious as he stepped away from Crabbe, with whom he appeared to have been having a whispered argument. His eyes swept the room and landed on me. The intensity of the moment was too much, and I looked away first, hating the way my heart seemed to change rhythm.

"He's up to something!" Harry hissed in my ear, breaking the spell. "I'm going to see if I can find out what."

And before I could stop him, he slipped through the rest of the class to position himself directly behind Draco.

Talk about being fucking obvious.

As the class started to rearrange themselves to get ready to Apparate, I took the opportunity to go and join Harry, just in time to hear him sound like a complete prat.

"I tell my friends what I'm up to, if I want them to keep a lookout for me," he said loudly and pompously.

My god, sometimes I find it highly embarrassing being associated with this moron.

Draco spun round on the spot, his hand flying to his wand, but hesitated immediately when he saw I was stood there too.

Luckily, Twycross chose that precise moment to address the class again, causing Draco to turn back around.

"What the fuck was that about?" I hissed in Harry's ear.

"Malfoy's doing something that needs lookouts!" He said excitedly.

"So?" I said. "He's probably just organising a game of Cops and Robbers."

Draco looked warily back over his shoulder, frowning. I stepped away from Harry, almost guiltily.

Everyone started trying to Apparate around us, turning on the spot and shouting, except for Draco who continued to stare curiously at me. I felt the furious pounding of my heart in my chest and all of a sudden all I could think about was his lips upon my lips, his body against my body.

This time, I didn't look away. And for a second, Draco appeared to move, as though to approach me.

But a loud scream rang out above the noise of the hall, and the moment was ruined as everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to the source of the sound.

Susan Bones had Splinched herself. The silly cow.

It brought the lesson to an immediate close.

Draco disappeared almost immediately and I found myself feeling horrifically disappointed.

But I also noticed that Harry had gone running from the hall, all eager and excited about something.

Taking my time, I moodily got my things together and stropped out, thinking what a fucking waste of time that was.

My mother paid one whole galleon for that lesson, and all I had learnt was that my best friend was a fucking moron.

Well, actually, I already knew that.

The second I stepped out into the Entrance Hall, however, I was stopped in my tracks by a hand grabbing my arm.

My breath caught in my throat as I looked up into a pair of cold great eyes.

"Draco-"

"You need to tell Potter to mind his own business, Weasley."

My heart sank at his tone. I felt suddenly bitterly hurt that he was using me to pass a message onto Harry instead of saying that he had made a mistake and missed me.

"Tell him the fuck yourself!" I spat, wrenching my arm free from his iron-like grip.

I went to turn to carry on my way, but once again, he grabbed me, this time a lot more forcefully.

"I mean it, he needs to stay out of my way." He snarled shaking me in his anger. "He has no idea what he is messing around with here."

"And me, too?" I snapped, anger sparking in my stomach. "Do I need to get myself a fucking Dark Mark and turn against my best friend before you'll let me near you again?"

He flinched, letting go of my arm as if it had just burned him.

"Weasley, you know how it is-"

"You said you fucking missed me!"

He swallowed, but said nothing. His eyes looked remorsefully into mine before he slowly shook his head. "You chose him, remember?"

And there went my fucking heart all over again.

This time when I turned around to leave, he didn't stop me.

"WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU JUST DOING WITH MALFOY?!"

I hadn't even finished climbing through the portrait hole when Harry furiously thrust that fucking map in my face.

I sighed irritably, shoving it aside with my arm.

"He was just warning me to make sure you stayed out of his fucking business." I said morosely, wanting to just go and cry in my pillow. "What did you think I was doing with him?"

"WELL YOU HAVE HISTORY!" He bellowed, his eyes bulging at me from behind his glasses.

"Exactly, Harry - history," I seethed, marching angrily towards the stairs before pausing and glaring back at him. "And if you must fucking know, Harry, I have made it clear to him that as your best friend I'll always stand firmly by your side and be your number one supporter in everything you pissing do."

"Oh." He said, looking abashed.

As he fucking should.

I ran up the stairs and threw my face into my pillow just as the tears started falling.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro