16. Damien

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"The party is to be held in the Great Hall, so make sure it's spic and span. Everyone, I want your assigned duties to be properly executed." Milla's voice was cold and strict as she directed the girls in the lines in front of her. All in a perfect formation.

But my eyes didn't seek anyone but her.

They had found the jade green eyed and onyx haired girl withing seconds and refused to look anywhere else. Like she had me entrapped.

As I leaned against the pillar on the first floor of the Great Hall and observed Cara, I heard Milla's annoying voice ordering the girls for the preparations for tonight's welcome party for the Fae king.

Arion would be arriving tonight. Along with his sister; the Princess Seraphima, or as she preferred being called - Sera. I wasn't really happy to know they were being welcomed with such a grand party but there was nothing to be done. I suppose it's time Arion and I have a battle of the charms. After all, it's been ages since we last did.

"–And I expect only the best from all of you. Also, you shall be given a slightly altered dress code to wear for tonight as you tend to our guests. The Fae are here to stay for some time and their proper welcome will include the presence of a lot of noble vampires. So cater to them as well."

Milla's eyes swept over the figures in front of her before she gave a sharp nod and all the slave girls scattered to head in their own directions. 

My eyes trailed a certain onyx haired girl and soon I was on the ground floor, right outside of the doors to the Hall we were all in. 

Of course they probably hadn't sensed or seen me. Plus, I wasn't looking for recognition. Just aiming to see what Cara's usual day consisted of since Lucien seemed to be well acquainted with it all and that was an up I did not like him having. Besides, I wanted a couple of my own questions answered. 

A sweet honey and lemon scent of blood laced with a stronger lilac one had me inhaling deeply. Last time I had been in a blood lust and had only scented her blood. But now, with my heightened senses I recognized her signature scent which was actually lilacs and lemons. Not a bad one, to be honest.

The moment I saw her passing in front of me, I abandoned my casual position, grabbed hold of her forearms and using my speed, took us to a more....private section of the palace.

When we were a a standstill and my eyes connected with a pair of jade green ones, I found Cara blinking dazedly and slightly unsteady on her feet.

"Oh yes, the speed would've been overwhelming for a mundane creature like you." I shrugged and she seemed to have focused in on me. A slight crease appeared between her brows. She must have comprehended the situation.

She stared at me. "Prince Damien." It wasn't a surprised question like I would've expected. Rather...just a simple statement. And that had me feeling......well, not normal.

I let go of her arms, though I made no effort to eradicate the closeness between our bodies.

She gulped, and I heard her heartbeat sliding up. Though she didn't show it, her heart wasn't as good at concealing her anxiousness in the moment as she would've hoped for. I'm guessing all that though.

I let my eyes travel over her figure, head to toe and I slightly cocked my head to the side. She took a steady step back.

The action made me look at her in amusement and I took a step closer.

"Why am I here?" She asked, her eyes looking to the side. I was quite curious as to her reaction right now. Considering the first time I laid my eyes on her, she looked me straight in the eye.

"Why do you think?" I questioned back, a darkness in my tone.

Her lips slightly parted, drawing my attention to them. They were pink. Slightly chapped perhaps but still....

What the hell?

I shook the thought from my head and looked her in the eye though she still refused it on her part. She took one more step back and I followed like the predator I was. Yet this game of prey and predator seemed far more than simple.

"For use, I presume?" Cara's eyes finally collided with mine again and I felt the same pulsing I felt the first time she and I had eye contact. It was inexplicable. Her words though, they
were....disdainful and her expression, painted with disgust though she concealed it.

I smirked and backed her one more step and–

Perfect.

Now I had her cornered like a doe against the wall and the realization hit her with the heavy breath she released. 

I was the predator, she was the prey. Easy as that. But I wasn't going in for the kill so soon.

"Cara, hmm?"

She looked back up at me intently. "That would be me, Your Majesty." She couldn't have been in the best of her moods if sarcasm was what she was using on me.

I rose a brow. "Interesting." My body was millimetre apart from pressing against hers and her sweet scent of lemon and lilacs was awakening a craving within me that I wasn't familiar with.

"I beg to differ." She replied with a cool voice, her chin slightly lifting.

"Really?" I inched my face closer to hers, her scent wrapping around us and I rose an amused brow. "Tell me...how does Lucien know you?" I didn't even realize how my fingertips had trailed over her left arm like a feather's touch but her slight shiver said enough.

"Why, Your Majesty? Hasn't he told you himself?" Her voice was taunting, just a tad lower, her heart racing and I knew my eyes were once again cackling with lightning. The magic within me was coursing. And so was the hunger.

I needed to have a taste.

"As a mater of fact..." I leaned in close enough so that my breath fanned her face, "He didn't. And I want to know." 

She sucked in a sharp breath and swallowed visibly, obviously affected. Her green eyes remained locked on mine even as she slowly responded, "He's the one that caught me."

I kept my calm.

I resisted the urge to scream for no reason.

I trailed my nose over her jawline and lower, not deigning to respond because....well I didn't know how to. Caught? What was that supposed to mean? That she had been escaping? She wasn't bought like the rest of them? 

I inhaled deeply, feeling her pulse quickening and my hand snaked around her waist, my body pressing against hers and she drew in a shaky breath.

"You have your answer, may I leave?" Her voice was steady unlike the gasp she let loose when my lips drifted over her neck and I gulped. I'm astounded by her courage, but she's not leaving until get a taste of her.

I kissed her fluttering pulse, my fangs coming out on their own and I nibbled softly on her peach colored skin. A shiver passed over her body.

"Can you stop?"

I rose a brow, still continuing my ministrations, softly sucking on her neck finding...pleasure in the act.

"No, I'm quite enjoying myself." I smirked.

Then I grinned and let my fangs graze the spot I just paid so much attention to and her neck arched with a soft exhale. 

"I'm not, so kindly refrain from doing t-this." Her breath hitched but her words were curt. 

I smirked. "I don't particularly care...."

I softly bit the skin of her delectable neck. The scent of lemons and lilacs was intoxicating.

Vampires don't have a heart. At least not a beating one but she makes me feel like it could change. I couldn't have a weakness. Most certainly not a human slave girl. 

A kink in my armor. No.

But my actions and words contradicted my well laid thoughts and reasoning.

"I don't break my promises, Cara. And I...." I breathed on her neck, feeling her breath hitch and slowly her hands made contact with my chest. "....made one to both of us." 

I was clearly mentioning how our very first meeting had made me promise myself to taste her.

Her hands rested on my chest, I smirked even if I was unsure of why I hadn't been rasher. Quicker. Harsher. Merciless so far like usual.

My charms were working too well, I suppose. After all, she was just a female. And pleasure for one would–

I blinked as I inhaled deeply her blood's scent.

Bloody hell.

I was....causing her....pleasure. Not...pain.

My eyes crackled and I banished the thought from my mind, my grip on her waist tightening as I readied myself to bite her. Because I wouldn't be a reason of pleasure for a slave. No.

The irony of the situation was that the very second my fangs indeed pierced her peach colored delicate skin, her hands that were resting so calmly over my chest: pushed me away.

Sadly, I was stronger and I gained the better element of surprise if her audible gasp and the arching of her neck was any indication.

The moment I tasted her blood.....

It was like an addiction, one sip and I lost myself. I felt like I was high on fucking Fae drugs! And trust me they do wonders.

My hand lowered itself to rest onto her hips and a whimper escaped her. I could hear her heart slamming against her chest. 

I sucked her blood, feeling a rush of power I never felt before and--

A faint....connection.

Cara breathed heavily, biting on her lip, her hands still making a feeble attempt to push me away. I sucked harder and Cara pushed me with renewed energy, "Damien..."

I wasn't usually possessive but every time I even thought of her, the unbidden possessiveness just came with it. And I hated it.

The way her lips spelled my name, no–moaned, had me going almost insane because it wasn't a snarky remark or Your Majesty or Prince Damien but simply Damien. It had me imagining far more than just sucking her blood and tasting it. Of hearing her moans for more than this. I couldn't possible be hard from...this little!

I wouldn't be able to stop. It was the animal in me; my carnal side that was in control so like every other time, I could possibly end up draining her so much that she'd fall unconscious or worse: DIE. And this time it had lust on it's side as well.

At least I thought so. 

But the moment I felt Cara's heartbeat slowing the least bit and her mummer, "Stop, you moron...."

I buried the unseemly urges and extracted my fangs from her neck, stopping instantly. The thought of hurting her didn't settle well. Plus, she called me a moron, even while I legit held her life in my hand. Yet, I didn't hurt her....too much.

What the hell?!

I licked the drops of blood on her neck, knowing my action would get them to heal slightly. I didn't want anyone trying to get their hands on her, or taste her blood. I breathed heavily, my hot breath fanning her neck and she shivered.

The realization dawned on me a bit too late that not only had I gained and given pleasure for the very first time in my life from someone I was using as a blood bag but I'd also listened to her. Wanting to keep her safe.

Even from me.

Shit.

What the hell did I do? Was I even thinking?

I kissed her neck and up to her jawline, letting my hands slide off her hips, even if I didn't want to. My breathing was just as erratic as hers.

It was common knowledge that blood sucking could be a very pleasurable act. For both the people. But it's very rare that a slave receives it because we vampires only aspire to drink mercilessly. Patience, caring and well being of the other one are clearly a no in the dictionary of vampires. Least of all me.

So the fact that this mere act had me going hard and judging from Cara's reactions - I was certainly not causing her pain of all things - this was a first for me. And I had no idea this was how it would feel.

I locked my eyes with her as she gulped audibly. I touched a stray black strand of her hair, surprised at its softness and spiraled it around my finger as Cara chose to ignore the gesture and simply turned her head, letting my hold on the strand fall loose. I didn't remark about it, if I wanted, we both knew she'd be dead.

"I prefer what's mine to be kept intact." I breathed into her face, my gaze dropping–not for the first time–to her lips. But I'd have to be crazy to take that leap of faith.

At least for today.

"And you–" my voice was barely above a whisper, "–Are mine."

I gazed back into Cara's jade green eyes. And maybe it was my own mind playing tricks on me, but I think I saw the jade in her eyes darker that usual before the snarky in her came out to taunt me.

"I'm not property." She leaned in closer herself, brave and bold even if she'd been moaning a few moments ago. "And least of all yours." She whispered and we kept gazing heatedly at each other.

"Well, we'll just have to change that, won't we?" I smirked. "And I don't break my promises." I let my eyes trail down to her neck where my bite mark was prominent.

Mine.

And god was that a turn on.

She leaned back and raised her chin, "This won't happen again." She snarled and my smirk grew.

"No. It won't." I agreed.

She blinked, slightly taken aback as I took a step back, ready to go.

I smirked deviously, "Far more than this will happen next time, so you better look out." She clenched her jaw and I trailed a finger down her cheek before whispering her name like a sensual desire, "Cara."

And then I left her alone. 

Alone to decide what to make of this. 

Alone to prepare for that bastard Fae King's arrival party.

Besides, Lucien and I need to have a talk. Let's hope Arion wouldn't be a problem and my instincts that Cara was about to change every dynamic were wrong.

Tonight's party would be lit it seemed.

•○•

AN~

Please keep voting and commenting, it makes my day!! I hope you enjoyed the chapter as well.The development between Damien and Cara was necessary, plus a bit of fluff was required lol. And this was a looonnggg chapter. Prepare for 'Arion's' entry as well mwahaha. 

So anyways, stay safe and stay amazing!!

~Skyler

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro