Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

on tuesday, hoseok receives a snapchat from taehyung. it's a video of yoongi dabbing.

on wednesday, he spots yoongi at baskin robbins and attempts to act cool. only, he's too late, and jimin and taehyung crash into him before he can speak up.

on thursday, yoongi and namjoon work together to make kimchi spaghetti. hoseok is not jealous of them, nor is he salty after getting hit twice with a spatula for "oogling yoongi's body in a perverse manner" (the injustice!!) courtesy of kim seokjin.

on friday, he receives a remix of tomppabeat's "you're cute" on the launchpad in cypher room. hoseok samples #curious from clazziquai, looping the words "days without you are so boring" over and over again.

"you know, there's like, a week until break ends. you know what you should do?"

"throw a party." hoseok hums out flatly.

"throw a party," taehyung repeats with a wry grin. "throw one for yoongi! i'm sure he's never been to one."

the statement catches him off guard, eyes narrowing. "yoongi? he's not really a party person—"

"you can't get through uni without at least one party, hyung; you throw the best ones anyways."

hoseok purses his lips together.

B ☆NGT ☆N SQU ☆D

Hosucc
end of the summer party?? my place??

Wang Tae
FCUK YEAAAAh

The JJK
I've never been to a college party before : )

Seokjinnie
imig...

J00N
no

Hosucc
it's settled thenn!!!!!

Jiman
we can't stop stop stop
yeogin party timmeee

Hosucc
okay but hyung
me and tae were thinking of throwing it for yoongi
bc he doesnt look like hes been to one???
concept/????? party 4 yoongz??

Seokjinnie
are you trying to get him drunk so that you can get into his pants because i swear to god
if i find out

Hosucc
NO
I HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS

Seokjinnie
....ok ill
try to convince him
hit him up over text
PURE THOUGHTS ONLY

J00N
wtf i said no
does my opinion not matter??

cactus boy

hey so uh.
i'm thinking of holding an end of the summer party
for you! since you haven't ever been to one.
: )
would that be okay?

oh..i'm not really much of a party person. i'm not into loud noises and a lot of...people.

it's fine omg. you got us, we make things fun, and you don't have to socialize much or anything. just loosen up and have fun?

i'll think about it, i guess.

that's great! i'm planning on having it next week, on friday, at my place. at 9. if that's okay with you. i'm not forcing you to come, but it'd be kind of nice.

J00N
y'll seenzoned me
[Attachment: spongegar.jpeg]

》》

cactus boy

hey.
can you start at 8 instead of 9?

are you coming if i do?

...yeah.

;) you got it. starting at 8 it is.

haha. don't get your hopes up, i'm not much of a fun person.

too late! i'm already excited!

B☆NGT☆N SQU☆D

Hosucc
HE"S COMING
PART STARTS AT 8
YALL BE THER
BRING UR CUCTE BAES

Jiman
BLESSSSSSSS
I CAN FINALLY ASK THAT CUTE GUY IN ACCOUNTING

Wang Tae
who

Jiman
jeonghwan!!! he kind of older but still
i'd do him

Wang Tae
i havent met him yet
i need to approve of this jeonghwan

J00N
NO SEX IN MY DORM

Seokjinnie
???? w=y would there be sex
this is a clean party
I Will Make Sure It Is A Clean Party
: - |

Jiman
relax omg i won't be doing anything in your dorm
im a nice friend ok i would never

Hosucc
TRUST ISSUES

The JJK
jeonghwan
jung jeonghwan??

Jiman
omg u know him??
hook me up man

The JJK
he's my older brother...

Jiman
o

》》

"do i look hot?"

"you look like a fuckboy."

"i'm taking that as a yes," hoseok croon out, running the comb thorugh his hair one more time. he rolls his shoulders, watching as the letterman jacket gleams under the lamplight.

"what if yoongi's not into fuckboys?" namjoon purses his lips, head cocked to the side.

"real talk, people hate the personality of fuckboys, but you can't deny that some of them look good. as long as they don't overdo it." he counters, sauntering over to the door. there's already a handful of guests dancing in the living room, hoseok's prized disco ball shining in the center. drinks sits in the kitchen, and hoseok can still hear taehyung and jimin bickering over the concentration of vodka and punch, with jeongguk drinking every concoction and giving out his opinion on it.

the door opens to reveal seokjin in suede jeans and a haughty smile, namjoon's whisper of "god" tickling hoseok's ear. a tuft of mint hair spills behind his shoulders, and yoongi peeks out in a striped turtleneck leather motorcycle jacket, wandering around until his eyes lock on hoseok.

by then, hoseok is already pushing against the crowd of people, an ecstatic smile resting on his face as he approaches yoongi. "hey," he breathes out.

yoongi dips his head down in minor acknowledgment. "um, hey, hoseok."

"you look really good," he mumbles earnestly, gently guiding yoongi to a more secluded corner with his sleeve. taeji greets him cheerfully, pouring the two of them a drink—taehyung leans in to whisper "get that ass" before strolling away giddily and hoseok swears that he's so close to murdering them.

two sips in leaves yoongi blinking repeatedly as he shakes the drink. "this doesn't taste like regular punch. are you sure it's not expired, or—"

"it's spiked."

"oh."

(Return of the Awkward Silence: now playing in a theater near yoonseok.)

"you should dance," hoseok nudges his shoulder, a cheeky smile tugging at his cheeks.

"oh..i don't really dance—"

"that's what everyone says, but honestly, as long as you have fun, then you can dance. trust me—i run all male." hoseok winks, laughing quietly.

yoongi snorts, hiding his smile with the rim of his cup. "ha ha, did you take up all male just to say that at parties?"

"nah, i took it up to charm people," with a wry grin, he sets his cup down and tugs on yoongi's hand. "c'mon, you gotta live your life out at your first and hopefully not last party."

the older male protests lightly, nonetheless placing his cup next to hoseok's. dragging him to the edge of the living room, he starts to move his arms, head bobbing with the beat of the song as the dj namjoon changes it.

"it'd be a shame if you this song didn't make you dance," hoseok shouts over the music.

"and why is that?"

"because joon and i made this song."

interlude: wings starts to dive into the rap, and by this point, hoseok is jumping up and down, neon lights shining wildly. it takes a little longer for yoongi to move, but within the next minute his head is nodding up and down, unable to hide the small smile that grows on his face with every word of the song.

two minutes is all it takes, before yoongi swings his head back and forth, laughing as he bumps into hoseok. the enthusiasm is infectious, and it keeps yoongi moving his limbs wildly into the next song, and the next song, and the next song.

hoseok likes this, he likes how free-spirited and happy yoongi likes, hiding his laughter with the back of his hand, mumbling apologies in a good-natured manner as he knocks into other strangers. and god, he's so cute, spinning in circles with his mint hair flying around, leather jacket slipping off his shoulders. in a room full of strangers, his eyes are attracted to yoongi, who dances around in a rather awkward but endearing manner.

"hobi!" someone yells from over the room, and hoseok turns around, eyes brightening at the sight of taemin holding a beer. he waves, and moves to turn back when taemin beckons him to come over.

and he really, really doesn't want to leave yoongi alone, especially in a crowded and loud party like this, but taemin wants to talk to him, and so he doesn't have much of a choice. "i'll be back, i swear—give me five minutes," he adds hastily, feet walking backwards, eyes lingering on yoongi until he's a few meters away. the mint-haired male waves him off, flashing him a content smile as he continues to dance by himself. it's a pitiful sight, and hoseok feels bad for putting him in that scenario.

"hey," he exhales out, grinning at taemin.

"you're an upperclassmen now, aren't you?" he chirps in a cheerful tone.

"yeah—yeah, i am, it feels kind of nice honestly."

"cheers to jung hoseok growing up!'

one drinks turns into two, and hoseok starts to lose himself in the music, playfully grinding against taemin and his groupie, participating himself in a dumb dance competition with jongin, and collapsing into laughter at the other people that attempt to do so. he stumbles out of the living room, eyes searching for any sight of mint hair.

there's none.

the smile slips off his face, realization daunting him as he peers into all the rooms, only to find no sign of yoongi. a hand running through his hair stressfully, he spots seokjin chatting with a couple girls in the corner, scampering over to meet him.

"ho—"

"where's yoongi?"

seokjin cocks his head to the side in curiosity, taking a sip of his beer. "he didn't tell you? he left already."

"left? i thought you're driving him home."

"no, he took the last bus home. that's why he asked you to move the hour ahead by one; he went to satisfy you."

hoseok blinks repeatedly, stumbling backwards. yoongi seemed to happy, and so content, it was weird of him to just...suddenly disappear. he's a little confused, eyebrows furrowed together as he tries to decipher why yoongi would plan to just leave after an hour. he leans into the wall, head banging against it in mild disappointment, before heading over to his room to pick up his phone, maybe text yoongi or something. and then it's there, the message glowing brightly in the darkness of his room.

oh..i'm not really much of a party person. i'm not into loud noises and a lot of...people.

so yoongi likes the music. he's okay with the drinks, the dancing, it's just...the people. that he doesn't like.

eureka.

eyes brightening, hoseok grabs a backpack, his gaze traveling around the room. mini speaker, his phone, something to use as a disco...something...he rummages through the boxes of spare things and their closet, until his eyes land on a constellation projector. stuffing it inside his bag, he rushes out to the kitchen, stuffing in several cans of beer, before zipping it up and hoisting it over his shoulder. he's barely able to catch his breath when he reaches namjoon, forcing out his words between heavy breathing. "i'm gonna jet—"

"what? why?"

"you're in charge of this party with seokjin, bye."

"you can't leave me alone with him," namjoon hisses, but hoseok his long gone, already sliding through the crowd back to seokjin.

"how long ago did yoongi leave?"

seokjin arches an eyebrow. "uh...twenty minutes ago? there's no more buses."

"can i borrow your car?"

the elder wrinkles his nose.

"it's for a good cause," hoseok pleads, "s'for yoongi—i promise i'm not drunk, either, i've only had spiked punch and like, one beer."

"you really like him, don't you?" seokjin hums out, an amused smile playing on his lips.

"yes."

seokjin sticks his hands into his pockets, before pulling out his keeps, dangling them by his index fingers. "don't damage my baby; don't do anything higher than pg-13, either. or i'll be making hoseok soup for the next bangtan squad meeting."

hoseok grins, blowing a kiss towards seokjin as he grabs the keys. "thanks, hyung, you're the best; you're in charge of this party with namjoon, now!"

he stops by the kitchen once more, eyes surveying the string lights awhile longer, before unplugging them from the cabinets and wrapping them around himself, hopping downstairs in a clumsy manner. he looks like a lunatic to some people, but to hoseok, he's on a mission. it might not work, but at this rate, anything's worth a shot.

seokjin has a habit of forgetting, and so he always parks his car out on the curb, in front of their dorm. it's easy to spot, and hoseok's never been more thankful as he clamors into the seat, buckling up and pulling out of the driveway. he hopes he's not too late, and that yoongi isn't changed and getting ready for bed, and he really hopes this absurd plan works, because if it doesn't then he's going to melt on the floor and think about his life choices, maybe listen to namjoon read a whole chapter of nietzsche.

his car parks inside of seokjin's assigned parking spot, hurrying out the door as he fumbles with the string lights around his neck. this is probably going to be the saddest party that yoongi's ever witnessed, yet as they say, it's the thought that counts, right? right. so hoseok nods as he glances at his ridiculous reflection in the mirror, hand sliding backwards to catch the beer car the slides out of his overstuffed backpack. up the elevator, to the correct floor, he tries to reassure himself that everything's going to be fine, everything's going to be okay.

turn, walk down, stand in front of the door, take a deep breath, eyes shut and flicker wide open, and knock.

it takes a few seconds, and that's enough time for the gears in hoseok's head to turn as he freaks out over what ifs and what happens and shit like that, and although his positive energy attempts to combat it, it's hard—

"hoseok? what are you doing here?"

yoongi looks like a dear in the headlights, eyes wide as his lips part open in a small "o". he's still wearing the leather jacket and striped turtleneck and smells faintly of punch, only this time, hoseok can see his cactus-patterned socks wiggling against the hardwood floors. he inhales sharply, before giving yoongi the best grin he can muster.

"you don't like going to parties, right? so i...i, um..."

breath, hoseok.

"...i brought the party to you."

"you don't like going to parties, right? so i...i..i, um...brought the party to you."

yoongi stands there, mouth agape, eyes blinking repeatedly in shock as hoseok tries to untangle the string lights around his shoulders, thinking about how much he wants death. "i—you didn't need to. do that."

"it's senior year, hyung; you can't just stay at a patry when the party hasn't even started," hoseok says in seriousness.

yoongi closes his mouth, a light blush slowly creeping on his cheeks. "you can't have a party with just two people."

"all you need is music and drinks, and to have fun—no requirements for a set amount of people." he quips, cutting yoongi's protest.

the older male gnaws on his bottom lip, as if debating, before he releases it with a light sigh. "c'mon," he mumbles, turning around and heading inside.

hoseok quivers in excitement, hurrying to kick off his shoes and neatly set them by the door, before following yoongi down the hall.

"m'lazy to clean up the living room, so i hope you don't mind," yoongi explains, turning left into a room. hoseok's eyes trail around it, eyes widening at the sight of yoongi's carnivorous plant in a cage on a desk by the window, and a bed with a cat on it.

holy shit, they're in yoongi's room. hoseok won't lie that be expected a lot..less. yoongi seems like the kind of person to have a clean interior, minimalistic aesthetic. instead, there's a whole shelf by his monochromatic bedding dedicated to kumamon plushies and figurines, clothes strewn over the floor on top of textbooks, black and white polaroids hanging on the walls, keyboard in the far corner. contrary to yoongi's personality, the room looks alive and lived in, and it leave hoseok taken back. just when he thinks he's gotten used to yoongi, he's always surprising him again, and it hoseok likes it.

"i'm—i'm not a very fun and enthusiastic person," yoongi adds hastily, shooting away busan. "sorry if i ruin the mood."

"it's okay, that'll balance out my excessiveness. let's do a little bit of redecorating, yeah?"

he likes discovering the little tidbits about yoongi, like how he talks to his cat like it's an actual person, how he gives it the stink eye before turning to hoseok with a gummy smile, how he reorganizes the cans into a pyramid, how he stacks textbooks in the center and mentally calculates how many are needed to place the constellation projector on top.

the mint-haired male pulls the fairy lights away from the bag, tiptoeing up and arms stretching up to hook them around the curtain rails. seizing the opportunity, hoseok slides up behind him, arms extending to help him out.

except, hoseok's not exactly tall enough, so he has to tiptoe also, taking it from yoongi's hands and wobbling into his back as he helps the older male wrap the lights around the rails.

yoongi turns around with a surprised facial expression, and hoseok swears that he's so cute, kitten nose and all, caged between his arms and face against his chest while his heart pounds so loud that—

"are you tiptoeing?"

hoseok flushes, laughing awkwardly as he slowly lowers himself down, eyes diverting into every direction except at yoongi. "you looked like you were struggling, so i thought i could try to help!"

it takes a moment for yoongi to process the words, before he snorts loudly with a wry smile, playfully punching hoseok's chest. "you're dumb," he mumbles, ducking under hoseok's arms and weaving his way past.

biting his bottom lip, hoseok swivels on his heels, leaning against the desk. "but charming, right?"

throwing hoseok a glance over his shoulder, yoongi picks up a can of beer, popping the tab open. "ha ha, i almost swooned."

with a cheeky grin, hoseok plays along, suddenly feeling so confident in his demeanor. maybe it's the side effects of alcohol, or maybe he's just drunk on yoongi's smiles. "and what would i have to do to make you actually swoon?" he drawls out, head cocking to the side as he connects his phone to the dock and presses shuffle.

coldplay plays on the stereo as yoongi looks at him, the can of beer pressed against his lips as he takes a sip. the older male shrugs, eyes flittering down to the beer, before back at hoseok. "i don't know."

yoongi smirks, and hoseok finds himself swooning instead.

》》

[SMS]
manjoon
seokjin just pouted and told me he was too sleepy to care about the party god hoseok God
10:50 PM.

[SMS]
manjoon
HOSEOK
11:02 PM.

[SMS]
manjoon
HOSEOK
11:02 PM

[SMS]
manjoon
HOSEOK
11:03 PM

[SMS]
manjoon
HOSEOK
11:03 PM

[SMS]
manjoon
HE TOLD ME TO SLEEP ON THE SAME BED AS HIM albiet it is my bed but I CAN'T DO IT WHAT DO I SAY
11:03 PM.

manjoon
seokjins sleeping on my bed...he looks....so cute...i'm emo.
11:11 PM.

[SMS]
manjoon
how are things with yoongi???update me?? I'm gonna shut down the party and go sleep. on the floor. in the same room as kim seokjin. kms.
11:29 PM

[SMS]
manjoon
oh my god oh my god HOSEOK I JUST WOKE UP AND JIN IS NEXT TO ME IN BED WE DIDNT DO ANYTHING BUT I DON'T REMEMBER THIS FUCK
8:57 AM

there's a loud groan that emits from hoseok's mouth as he rolls over with a loud groan. his head throbs, and God, he just wants to die right now. with a disgruntled huff, hoseok pushes himself up and rubs his temples, eyes squinting open. in the bright light from the window, yoongi's sitting in the middle, on a ratted spinning chair. his eyes are closed and arms and legs are crossed, head tilted downwards, and he looks like an absolute angel.

hoseok hastily grabs his phone, ignoring namjoon's messages and swiping up to take a quick picture of the older male—it's not too stalkerish, right? right, he assures himself. sneaking a glance over at yoongi, he pockets his phone and takes a step forward, trying to tiptoe out of the room, maybe freshen up and let the mint haired boy sleep properly in his bed, maybe provide breakfast, too. head bobbing up and down as he makes his way to the door, his eyes focus on yoongi, watching for any signs of consciousness.

in the process, hoseok trips over a stray beer bottle and ends up flying into the wall.

yoongi's eyes flicker open as hoseok bemoans loudly, slumping to the floor with a dry sob. the older male blinks repeatedly, before diverting his gaze over to hoseok. "...are you okay? "

"yeah! yeah, why wouldn't i be?" hoseok laughs in misery as he pretends like he isn't dying, head lifting up to face a sleepy yoongi. he's rubbing an eye with a fist, and as much as hoseok wants to appreciate how cute he is, hoseok just wants yoongi to punch him in the head.

stumbling forward, hoseok wobbles back on his feet, head spinning heavily. eyes shut, he inhales sharply, before attempting to take another step forward. this time, an arm slides around hoseok''s torso as his own arm fits nicely in what appears to be yoongi's neck.

(even his neck looks nice.)

"you said you were a decent drinker," yoongi accuses playfully(?), half-hauling hoseok to the bathroom.

"i am!"

"you got drunk after three and a half beers," the older male scoffs, slipping away from hoseok as he stands in front of the mirror.

hoseok crinkles his nose, eyes diverting to the mir—holy fuck, he looks ugly as hell. messy hair, eyes half open, blotchy face and shitty headache—god, he looks like he just got ran over.

yoongi shoves a toothbrush in his head, patting hoseok on the back. "i'll go make some hangover soup; it's not as good as seokjin's, but it's something, right?" he flashes hoseok a small grin, before sauntering off.

damn you, hoseok, he grumbles to himself as he aggressively brushes his teeth, glaring aggressively at the mirror. damn you for nearly getting smashed so hard that you can't remember a thing. they probably didn't do anything—yoongi seems fine with him, they both still have clothes on, so it should be okay, he attempts to reassure himself.

but it isn't, and it bothers hoseok as he tries his hardest to remember whatever the hell he did, only to not. a hand running through his hair, he sighs in distress and washes his face, eyes traveling over the pastel blue and white bathroom before heading out. yoongi's there in the kitchen, the sleeves of his white turtleneck rolled up as he shuffles around.

hoseok nips his bottom lip, head pressed against the entrance to the kitchen. "i—i hope i wasn't too wild. i tend to go kind of...crazy."

the mint haired male turns to give hoseok a radiant smile. "it was fun. i liked it."

eyes closed, he slumps against the edge in relief. yoongi liked it, as long as yoongi liked it then hoseok's oka—

"your karaoke skills were on point."

blinking repeatedly, hoseok furrows his eyebrows together. "karaoke? we sang?"

with a light hum, yoongi samples the soup. "mmm...yeah, we did. we actually did a lot of things, but i think you don't remember any of it."

hoseok stares at him in horror.

a lid placed on the pot, yoongi swivels on his heels and nudges his way past hoseok, eyes crinkled up at his expression. "don't worry too much, silly, it wasn't anything major. i have to meet my counselor in an hour, so i'm going to get ready—lock the door when you're done."

》》

hoseok has little to no dignity after the party, and wallows about it in his bed self-piteously. across from him, namjoon does the same.

"i don't remember what happened—"

"i don't remember either—"

"i just remembered dancing around and taking shots—"

"—seokjin got sleepy and asked to use my bed—"

"—i woke up and he was just there—"

"—i slept next to kim seokjin."

"—i'm just scared of doing something i'll regret, like. what if i. kissed him—" hoseok shrieks, sitting up.

"—or said i liked him," namjoon's whisper hangs in the air, and two seconds later he's also sitting up.

"joon—"

"hobi—"

the truth dawns of them that what they don't know might potentially ruin their (love) lives and thu's, project yoonseok and s.s. namjin will never sail. it's a terrible epiphany.

》》

both yoongi and seokjin don't act any different, and so hoseok and namjoon attempt to maintain a straight face around their crushes, sneaking looks of despair when they meet eyes.

they fall into their old routines, new schedules, and two new people. life is okay.

jeongguk integrates himself into college life as he joins friends and clubs, the devil twins continue to wreck havoc, yoongi has afternoon classes now, while hoseok still has his same old morning classes, seokjin is busy with medical school, and namjoon...is busy being namjoon.

B☆ANGT☆N SQU☆D

JE0N
there's no pool on top of ssang

can't cook for shit
why would there be a pool on top of the engineering building

JE0N
tae said it was for aquatic robot testing!!!
but i went there

Hosucc
you're such a dumbass

JE0N
and there was no pool on the roof!!!
i asked around too!!!

T
HAHAHA I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FELL GOD IT
OH MY GOD I'M WHEEZING WHERE'S JIM IN WHERE'S YOONGI

can't cook for shit
lstn
does it make sense for a pool to be on top of the engineering building
just for aquatic robots

JE0N
shut up!!!!!!!
you guys are so mean, i'm just a freshman!!
where's yoongi tho

T
omg i'll add him

Hosucc
wait no

T has added Min Yoongi to B☆NGT☆N SQU☆D
T has set Min Yoongi's nickname to giggles

JE0N
what's giggles
i don't get it

hoseok wants to melt into the floor.

joon

OH MY GOD
YOONGI'S ADDED INTO THE CHAT

chill

WHAT DO I DO
WHAT DO I SAY

just stay calm and be you

HOW CAN I BE ME IT'S YOONGI

yeah well i have to be myself around seokjin u think it's easy?? suck it up

NO I CAN'T

B☆NGT☆N SQU☆D

T
you uncultured heathan it's english

can't cook for shit
it's heathen

giggles
what.

JE0N
OOOOO TAKE THAT U HIPPOCRITE
HI HYUNG WELCOME TO THE GROUP CHAT

T
YOU SPELLED HIPOCRITE WRONG YOU AREN'T MUCH BETTER THAN ME

giggles
isn't it hypocrite?

can't cook for shit
LMAO YOU BOTH SUCK

T
istg hyung we look better than this
also where's hoseok did he just disappear

joon

HE SAID WHAT JOON
W H A T
HE'S GOING TO BE WEIRDED OUT BY US

we're not that weird

AND HE'S GOING TO DISLIKE ME
AND WE WILL NEVER DATE AGAIN

he said what at the dumbasses not us

STILL THIS IS A TERRIBLE FIRST IMPRESSION

just stay cool like i am attempting to but failing rn ok

WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO ATTEMPT TO STAY COOL

stop talking in caps it makes me nervous

sorry

seokjINS WEARING GLASSES
G L A S S S E S

?? so???

HE LOOKS SO GOOD HOBI ISTG I DIED 5 TIMES WHEN HE LOOKEDAT ME AND SMILE

don't glasses make ppl less attractive

U DON'T GET IT HE LOOKS H O T AS FUCK. AND SMART. SMART AND HOT. I WANT TO MARRY HIM.

do u have a glasses kink or smth

NO I HAVE A SEOKJIN KINK.

gross

BUT G L A S S E S HOSEOK HE HARDLY EVER WEARS GLASSES OUTSIDE!!!!!!

idgi it's just glasses. two pieces of glass. how is that supposed to change someone.

UGH YOU'RE SO USELESS GLASSES CHANGES EVERYONE. just wait until yoongi wears glasses. then you'll see. the c H a N G E .

...ok joon, ok.

so are you ever going to say anything in the group chat?

no

》》

it's a little after ten when he gets out, mentally diagramming a plant inside his head. hoseok's about to pass by the library when he notices a sluggish figure making their way to the entrance, a mop full of pastel hair hanging low as the person teeters back and forth on their feet, nuzzling their forehead into their textbooks.

it's yoongi.

"hyung!" he yells loudly, and the figure stops. swinging his backpack over his shoulder, hoseok rushes over to the older male, biting back a grin as he stops in front of him. "yoongi hyung!"

yoongi lifts his head up and oh my fucking god he looks so good he's wearing glasses hoseok wants death. he looks smart and sophisticated, alluring even, and hoseok's starting to get perverse thoughts, oh no—

thinkofseokjinthinkofseokjinthinkofseokjin.

the older male lifts a fist to rub at his eyes, flashing hoseok a small smile. "hey, hoseok. did you just get out of class?"

hoseok blinks repeatedly, still awestruck by how good he looks. "y-yeah—yeah. i was. gonna study for my test." which is in a week, but early studying isn't a bad thing. hoseok. hoseok is a diligent student. (or so he'd like to think.) "i didn't know you wore glasses."

"my vision isn't too terrible, so i normally wear contacts outside and nothing at home, but i didn't really sleep and my eyebags are terrible, so i'm trying to cover them up," he explains with a tired laugh.

on the contrary, hoseok wants to say, yoongi looks even better than usual. but he doesn't, and dips his head in acknowledgment slowly scooting out of the way. "um, do you wanna study together? not like—together—but like—around each other—like sit near each oth—"

"sure." yoongi says with a faint hum, pausing a little, before walking forward. hoseok stands in the same place, his face frozen as the yoongi's 'sure' bounces around in his ears. oh god, it's like a date, except it's not really a date—a pre-date, yes.

hurrying after the mint haired male, hoseok fantasizes about how impressive he's gonna be like, all smart and shit when he sits in front of yoongi and flips through plant anatomy, eyebrows furrowed together and taking notes super diligently, and then yoongi's going to swoon and be like wow-hoseok-is-both-handsome-and-smart!! and hoseok's just gonna flip his hair and place his pen against his lips and shoot love arrows at yoongi using his eyes—

"hoseok?"

"right behind you!" he whispers hastily, mentally cursing himself for leaving a confused yoongi in the middle of the the hall. they both find a relatively quiet spot, five km away from civilization in a typical min-yoongi-manner.

yoongi sits with his back facing the wall, while hoseok is across from him with his own exposed to the rest of the students. the older male sets down his textbook, now no longer a bright orange but a muted, mustard yellow, and fishes out a variety of black pens and grey pencils from his pocket, neatly organizing them besides his textbook. he sets his notebook on top of the ugly textbook, and begins to take notes.

hoseok, not wanting to seem like a slacker, pulls his notebook and set it down, before grabbing a fistful of his colored pens from his backpack and accidentally spilling them over the table. the whole fucking library + min yoongi looks at him, and hoseok wants to sink into the ground as he flashes everyone an apologetic smile. although a few dirty looks are sent his way, he only focuses on the tiny smile that upturns on yoongi's lips—an indicator that he can't be that bad.

so they study.

except, hoseok can't, and his eyes keep on diverting towards yoongi instead, and he thinks about how cute he looks and how nice it would be to like, lean over and kiss him on the nose, even though it's kind of creepy and probably totally lacks consent. he can't help it when yoongi wrinkles his little button nose, lips pulled together and face scrunching into a grimace when he stumbles upon something he doesn't really like.

instead of practicing drawing and labeling plant parts, hoseok ends up stealing glances of yoongi as he draws the older male as a cactus—little spikes coming out from his hair, kind of short but endearing as he sits in a pot, wearing a green sweater and green sweats. hoseok admires the little doodle at the edge of his notebook for a while longer, before drawing a sun with and highlighter and outlining it with black pen.

and then comes the labeling process; hoseok uses a felt-tip marker to scribble fluffy, cotton-candy-like at his hair, cat eyes at his eyes, button nose at his nose, rosy and round at his cheeks, soft yet defined(?) at his jaw, plush and i wanna kiss them at his—

there's a loud thump, and it startles hoseok as he scoots back. yoongi's head falls on top of notebook and textbook, cheek smushed against the text as his hand still clutches his pen. his eyes are closed and his lips are parted and he looks really good and hoseok would be paying attention, except he's not, he's kind of freaking out because he doesn't know what the fuck he's supposed to do.

if he wakes yoongi up, he'll feel bad because the older male looks exhausted and obviously deserves some sleep.

but what if yoongi has class next period and that class has a test? or he needs to study really bad and he's being deprived from the chance?

joon

I NEED YOUR HELP

what

WHAT DO I DO IF YOONGI FELL ASLEEP BUT NEEDS TO STUDY

....are you...really
asking me

YES

this
my god hoseok

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO HE NEEDS TO SLEEP
BC HE'S RLY TIRED
BUT HE NEEDS TO STUDY
WHAT IF I RUIN HIS LIFE
I DON'T WANT TO RUIN MY CRUSH'S LIFE

just wake him up then

hoseok takes a long look at yoongi.

BUT I CAN'T HE LOOKS SO PEACEFUL

WELL THEN I GUESS IT'S A YOU PROBLEM

NO JOON DON'T DO THIS TO ME HELP ME
JOON
JOON
JOON YOU BITCH

hoseok swears to god that the next time namjoon freaks out about seokjin, he's not getting any advice or help.

after looking at how ethereal yoongi looks while sleeping, almost like a young god, hoseok decides to leave him alone. he instead, tries to get back on his plants shit, and maybe think about yoongi for a little while longer. one hour passes, and hoseok starts to lose himself in his work; two hours pass, and he texts namjoon, but namjoon doesn't respond. three hours pass, and hoseok is trying to beat out taehyung's score on endless lake. yoongi wakes up for five minutes, before falling back asleep. its like watching an adorable puppy. in the fourth hour, he gets up to go get coffee at the indoor starbucks, a pastry for himself and yoongi.

the library is apparently reserved at 3:00 for some presentation, and yoongi isn't waking up and hoseok isn't exactly sure what to do. 2:30 and people are already clearing out, while hoseok is stressfully staring at yoongi. he would text seokjin for help, but it's a weekday and unless seokjin said something in the group chat early in the morning, one is not to disturb seokjin. so hoseok tries to play it nice.

he leans over the table and clears his throat, a hand reaching out towards yoongi, whispering out sweetly: "yoongi hyung-ah, we have to go. they're closing the library.

it doesn't fucking work. attempt #2. hoseok says it a little louder. "yoongi hyung, wake up."

yoongi mumbles something about "binary" and stirs slightly.

attempt #3. "yoongi hyung!" he yells, shaking the older male's shoulder tentatively. the librarian shoots him a dirty look and he winces, pretending like he never saw her.

attempt #4. hoseok gives up and stuffs his crap in his bag, swinging it over his shoulders. taking a long look at yoongi and his stationary, hoseok emits a soft sigh and prays for the best, brushing the older male's things into hoseok's bag and neatly sliding in his notebook and textbook. exhaling slowly, hoseok walks over to the mint boy's side, tugging out the chair and making the very brave-and-highly-nonsensical decision to haul yoongi up bridal style, marching down and out of the library.

people turn their heads to look, eyes widening with awe and—and hoseok kind of likes it. it's like those marvel movies when there's a cute girl screaming for help and the superhero swoops in to save her, and then they look at each other and ding ding ding, he's carrying her down the wedding aisle. except, hoseok's the super cool superhero, and yoongi's the really cute guy he wants to take out for dinner one day.

"hoseok?"

his eyes slowly trail down, mouth open in a half grin as he stares awkwardly at a wide-eyed yoongi. people are still staring at them, and hoseok's cheeks are probably hotter than a frying pan. "i—you were asleep—and i couldn't wake you up—library's closing—"

it's yoongi's turn to blush, hurrying to scramble out of hoseok's arms. he looks around in nervous laughter, one hand adjusting his glasses as the other fiddles with the edge of his hoodie. "i—i'm so sorry, i swear, this—this usually doesn't happen.

they're both dying of embarrassment in this terribly awkward scenario, but hoseok can't help but think about how cute yoongi is. it's like an ongoing obsession that he can't help, almost infectious—he's thinking about it without realizing it. slinging his bag to the front of his chest, he pulls out yoongi's notebook, textbook, and pencil bag, handing it to the other male. "it's okay, really."

the librarian announces that they have fifteen more minutes until the library closes, and while people are packing up and shuffling their way out, hoseok and yoongi still stand there like idiots who don't know what to do, or when to make the first move. yoongi looks hella fucking flustered and it's an endearing sight, and hoseok feels kind of guilty for staying rooted in one spot and making things worse for yoongi, but he also can't help but want to admire the older male a little longer. it's a dick more, actually, and hoseok should probabl—

"i, uh, should go home. and study. again." yoongi cuts into his thoughts, clutching his books to his chest as he dips his head slowly. "th-thanks, hoseok. and—sorry. once again." he forces out, wavering for a few seconds longer, before turning around and heading down the hall. the mint-haired boy turns left, straight into the bathroom before hoseok can interject. a minute later he's u-turning out of the door and to the entrance instead, walking at a profusely faster rate.

hoseok can't help but bite back a grin, looking down at the floor as he swivels back and forth on his heels.

》》

cactus boy

i didn't know you snored

sTOP IT WAS A ONE TIME THING I SWEAR.
NEVER AGAIN.
A MISTAKE.
HOENSTS MISTAKE.

"hey, namjoon."

"what?"

"yoongi made a typo."

"why are you telling me this?"

"he never makes typos. i think. i think i'm making him flustered, and oh my god, joon, what if i have a chance with him. like i'm legit charming him and he's into me?"

"...and you're...basing this off...one..typo?"

"oh my god, joon, you're so negative."

cactus boy

it was a cute one. : )

...you're just making fun of me at this point, aren't you?

what? no! i actually thought it was cute!!

sure, hoseok.

I SWEAR. I GENUINELY THOUGHT IT WAS ENDEARING AND ADORABLE. it was like. you were like a puppy.

you're so lame, what the heck.

it's my charm!!!

ha ha, hoseok. i'm so swayed.
:)

"JOON, HE SENT ME A SMILEY FACE SAYING HE'S SWAYED BY MY CHARMS."

"i think he's being sarcastic."

"STOP RAINING ON MY PARADE, JOON. WHAT A HATER."

》》

the culinary club is boring as ever, save exception for namjoon and yoongi. they're making cookies today, namjoon still struggles, yoongi's slowly chatting to him a little more whenever they work together, and hoseok gets hit with a whisk when seokjin catches him staring at yoongi. at this point, if he starts to become dumb from losing brain cells, he's going to blame it all on seokjin.

they've learned the base for the dough, and additional fillings and toppings are free game. hoseok goes with something that sounds cool in hopes of impressing yoongi— meanwhile, namjoon is panicking because the mixer won't move. (hoseok bets 50k won that he broke the damn machine.)

so hoseok and yoongi, as usual, are on their own again. yoongi looks really focused in his craft, and it stirs an ache in hoseok's heart that he can't go over there and work with him, maybe "accidentally" brush hands while reaching for the eggs, or letting each other taste test things and giggle over it like a grossly domestic married couple aka namjin. but no, he's like, romeo on a deserted island, and yoongi's a male juliet stuck surrounded by a pseudo-couple that is forever glitched in flirting mode.

eyebrows furrowed in concentration, hoseok sprinkles in coconut and white chocolate chips, hoping that the combination isn't too bad. it looks pretty, at least, and sounds like some hipster artisan cookie. hoseok's just about finish scooping out the batter when yoongi calls him over, a hand beckoning towards his station. hoseok, the ever whipped loser he is, immediately drops the scooper and heads over to yoongi, palms sweating in anticipation.

"i think—i think these came out well," yoongi starts out slowly, pointing to a tray of freshly baked cookies. they look like snickerdoodles with chocolate swirls, and hoseok always loves snickerdoodles—wow, it's as if the gods knew and whispered to yoongi, hey, the boy who has a crush on you really likes these kinds of cookies so you should totally make them for him and yoongi probably nodded his head along like yeah, that's a really good idea, i totally wanna make these for the boy that likes me. in fact, if anything, hoseok is honored that yoongi would ask him to try it out first, out of all people.

("well, i mean, it's not like he knows anyone else in culinary club, and me and jin are busy, so it makes sense that you'd be the first," the unnecessarily rational words of wisdom from the namjoon that lives inside hoseok's mind reasons, and hoseok's beginning to hate how much namjoon rubs off onto him.)

but that's not the point, and hoseok realizes the he can use the opportunity to make yoongi swoon. he can bite into the cookie, and compliment it, and be all like wow, these are so good!! and then yoongi can beam and go all bashful like really? wow, thanks hoseok! and hoseok can be all suave and shit by leaning against the corner and taking another bite and going yeah, you should come by my dorm and teach me how to make these and then he'll wink and successfully ask yoongi on a date, and then yoongi will blush and laugh like you're so smooth hoseok, wow, 10/10 i'll totally date you and bake cookies for you for eternity!! and then namjin will finally get together and life will be great.

but, as usual, that doesn't happen.

"hoseok, are you—oh my god, hoseok, ho—namjoon, seokjin, what the fuck is happening—"

"shit, fuck, hobi—did you give him cookies? what were inside of them?"

"peanut..butter..nutella...?"

"oh my god, yoongi, hoseok's allergic to nuts,'" seokjin shrieks, hurrying over to hoseok's bag to rummage through the items.

so instead of looking all cool and crap, hoseok is currently wheezing, his throat choking up and face swelling as he coughs repeatedly, eyes bulging out of his sockets. people are staring and hoseok feels so miserable, drinking half a glass of water that namjoon brings him, before hacking it all into the sleeves of his supreme sweater.

"hey, hobi," seokjin breathes out, a hand massaging his shoulder as he single-handedly flips the cap open and pulls out the epipen, before jabbing it hoseok's thighs and counting ten seconds.

hoseok merely inhales and exhales, trying to intake as much oxygen as he can while ignoring the humiliation that blooms in his face. ten seconds pass and seokjin pulls out the needle, storing it in its case. hoseok gasps for air, trying to breathe at a normal pace until he regains control of his dumbass immune system.

yoongi looks so shook and terrified, it's. it's cute.

"you okay?" namjoon cocks his head to the side, patting hoseok's back.

after a few moments of silence, hoseok nods his head. "yeah. yeah, i think. i think i wanna go home, though, i'm kind of tired."

》》

cactus boy

i am so sorry that happened to you, i swear it was 100% unintentional and i feel so terrible, i stopped by earlier but you were asleep, and i waited a few more hours but you were really exhausted from the whole ordeal, so i left, and i'm just really sorry for almost killing you, and i swear it'll never ever happen again. i hope you're okay, please get a lot of rest and fluids, and uh. yeah. if there's anything i can do for you, please tell me! once again, i'm really sorry, and i hope you have a fast recovery.

hyung im literally ok lol
my allergies aren't that bad lmao

Oh My God You're Awake Hi

don't sweat it! :) i'm perfectly fine, just a lil shock, that's all.

still, i. i just feel terrible.

if it makes you feel better, namjoon forgot about my allergies twice and almost killed me probably four times. :' )

that's so scary, jesus. are you really okay though?? you seemed really bad..

yoongi, this happens like all the time. it cool, don't worry.

do you have any other allergies?? i don't wanna, you know, accidentally almost kill you. again.

nah, it's just nuts! that's it, so now you know. : D

i learned a terrible way, unfortunately.

hoseok lies on the couch, head cocked to the side as he stares at the phone a little longer, thinking of what to say.

are you free tomorrow?

...um...i have work, but i'll be free after...4?

you know how you said you'd do anything for me right
well seokjin is putting me on house arrest because he wants me to recover for a day
so i'm bored
keep me company when you're done with classes? :)

yeah, sure. it's the least i can do, right?

joon

WOO BITCH GUESS WHO JUST SCORED A PRE-DATE WITH YOONGI
DONT COME HOME AFTER CLASSES TMR

where do i go am i homeless now

NO YOONGIS COMING OVER
SO LEAVE US ALONE OKAY

...istg....ok...fine...i'll just be a vagrant, wandering around like all those lost souls...

u the real bro : , )

bros help bros out with boyfriends

damn right

we're brofriends

...joon, no. just. no.

》》

4:36 pm is where the doorbell rings, and hoseok is scrambling out of the coach as he opens the door. there's yoongi as usual, leather backpack slipping from his shoulders, dress in a baseball tee and jeans. he leaves his shoes by the door, sliding in and looking around the room. hoseok hurries over to the couch, patting besides him as he plops down in front of the laptop. "so, uh. have you ever seen a werewolf boy?"

yoongi hesitantly takes a seat, shaking his head slowly.

"the one with song joongki and park boyoung?"

a look of clarity passes through his eyes. "i've heard it was good, but i've never really...watched it?"

"that's great," hoseok gleams with enthusiasm, pulling up his legs. "i was thinking of stuff to watch, and it came up on netflix when you knocked, so i was thinking—do you, you know, wanna? watch with me? i don't have much to do since i can't go out, and. yeah."

blinking repeatedly, he shrugs. "i'm down with it. it's nice to relax after a...stressful event, i guess."

so here's hoseok's plan: he's going to play a sad movie, and he's going to sneak glances at yoongi, and if yoongi tears up, he can swoop in and wrap an arm around the older male and pat him, like there there, it's okay, and yoongi can cry into his shoulder and it'll be super romantic and sweet, and in that moment, just maybe, yoongi will finally realize how sweet hoseok is and be like kim tan in the heirs as he slowly looks into hoseok's eyes and go—do i...like you?

(love is the moment!!)

"you don't cry easily during sad movies, do you?" hoseok asks subtly, pressing play.

yoongi turns to stare at him, eyes sharp enough to pierce a man's heart. "do you?"

hoseok gulps loudly. "no." he says lies.

annnddddd two hours later, hoseok is definitely not crying, no, tears are definitely not streaming down his face and he's not sniffling when soonyi leaves the cabin and the camera pans out to show chulsoo playing around in the snow, alone.

"are you crying?" yoongi asks incredulously, eyes crinkling in mild enthusiasm at hoseok's pain. he's laughing as he leans over to the coffee table, grabbing tissues and handing it to hoseok.

"no," hoseok huffs, taking the tissues and wiping his eyes with them. goddammit, this is embarrassing.

yoongi props his arm against the edge of the sofa, head leaning into his palm as his body turns to face hoseok. "you're crying over an old lady and a werewolf," he teases, a stupid grin crossing his face.

"it wasn't just an old lady and a werewolf," he huffs out, wiping his eyes with his sleeve. "it was a sad an romantic story about two beings who could never come to love each other."

"someone's a romantic."

"you're not?"

nose scrunching in a playful manner he shakes his head. it's really fucking adorable and hoseok's heart skips a beat. "nah, i'm too much of a hardcore realist."

"that's hot," slips out from hoseok's lips before he can stop himself, and it sends yoongi choking and hoseok internally wailing.

"you're kinky."

hoseok wheezes. "i—okay, it came out wrong, i swear, i have pure thoughts about you. it's hot as in like, it's fire, it's new, it's, uh—" he rambles on nervously, suddenly wanting to slip off from the face of earth.

yoongi's eyes are focused on him in mild curiosity, and he's leaning in closer and closer to hoseok's face, until they're a few inches apart and hoseok is on full panic mode. he opens his mouth to say something, but yoongi cuts him off. "you have an eye booger in the corner of your left eye. my left, your right."

it catches hoseok completely off guard, blinking repeatedly at yoongi.

"HEY HOBI HOBI, I'M GONNA BE CR—woah, am i intruding?" comes an obnoxiously high voice, sing-songing in the air.

the two of them pull away abruptly to face jimin, his eyebrow arched as his eyes travel back and forth between the two of them.

"what the fuck, jimin. there's nothing going on, but you could've knocked. why are you here?"

jimin grins cheekily, sitting on the coffee table. "so, taehyung, the idiot, decided to buy 1 pint of chocolate ice cream to treat himself. that's it. that's why i'm taking refugee here."

while the realization washes over hoseok, one of confusion floods yoongi. "i don't get it."

as if he's a cast member in the office, jimin's head turn to look at yoongi with the flattest expression he can muster. "taehyung's lactose intolerant."

"....oh....ohhh..."

"yeah, so it's like, a swamp of stink in the dorm and i decided to pop here, but if you two are busy..." he drawls out slyly.

"there's nothing going on, oh my god."

"yeah," yoongi interjects. "we were watching netflix."

the redhead's eyes light up. "netflix and chill?"

"yeah," yoongi says, while hoseok says "no." hoseok turns to stare at the older male in horror, who has a look of indifference on his face.

with a face scrunch full of bewilderment, yoongi glances at hoseok. "but..we're chillin'...and watching netflix...chillin' is slang for hanging out, right? what am i missing out on here?"

jimin bursts into a series of snickers, wedging himself between the end of the sofa and yoongi. "oh my god, hyung, you're so pure."

the mint-haired boy glowers, eyes trailing back and forth between hoseok and jimin. "i am not, but seriously, is there another meaning to it? is this slang within slang? slangception?"

hoseok mouths don't tell him and jimin rolls his eyes, but nods along to his words. "so anyways, what did you guys chill to?"

"tell me!"

"a werewolf boy."

"ooh, that's sad."

"you both are assholes."

》》

B☆NGT☆N SQU☆D

giggles
what's netflix and chill supposed to mean?

can't cook for shit
sex

Hosucc
NAMJOON WHY

giggles
O H .
SHIT FUCK

JE0N
wow hyung u go

giggles
NO
I MEANT NO
JIMIN I MEANT NO OH MY GOD

Jiman
cACKLES
;)

Seokjinnie
why are we talking about sex
this should be a clean sfw chat

Jiman
so on saturday,,,

Jiman

istg if u rat me out i will kill u

: ( wow hyung no violence jin condones violence

giggles

jimin asked if we were netflix and chillin
because i was with hoseok.

JE0N
wow did u get an action going on

Hosucc
oh my god why are you guys doing this to me stop

can't cook for shit
woops

Seokjin

hey
hosok
why were you
with yoongi
alone
netflix and chillin
at home
??
: ))
did i not say

I DID NOTHING
I HAD NO INTENTIONS
I SWEAR

: )))))))))) no offense my child
this sounds highly suspicious

I JUST WANTED TO WATCH A MOVIE WITH HIM
listen if i wanted to bang him i wouldn't have watched a werewolf boy

what

have u seen the movie with song joongki

yes but why were you watching that with yoongi
you've seen that movie like 6 times
you cry every time

I DO NOT
I JUST WANTED TO SEE IF HE WOULD SO IDK ID COMFORT HIM AND LOOK COOL

let me guess: you cried instead, and yoongi laughed at you.

how did u know

i can see the past.

i have cameras set up in your dorm in case anything happens.

WHAT THE FUCK HYUNG

just kidding yoongi's my apartment-mate you idiot i know him better than you do.

B☆NGT☆N SQU☆D

Jiman
anyways holler-weenie is coming up time to get hot and sex-si to bang cute guys ;)

T
HOLLER WEENIE YES

giggles
?

can't cook for shit
they're stupid
they're talking about halloween

Je0N
holler weenie...that's genius.

Seokjinnie
every year we host a party
but it's only between bangtan squad : )
you both should join!

Je0N
i'm great at halloween count me in

Hosucc
alcohol is available to everyone on condition you dress up.
you should go, hyung!!

Jiman
YEAH HYUNG NOTHINGS BETTER THAN SPENDING YOUR LAST HOLLER WEENIE WITH US
THE HOLLERING WEENIES

T
me and jimin make it so fun hyung you should totally go just for the experience
we have full reign over the party so we basically set up
rumors are that it's more bomb ass than hoseok's parties

Hosucc
"rumors are" listen there's only 3 people who have experienced a party thrown by you that's a fake

T
idk man joon seems like a snake : /

can't cook for shit
excuse me

T
but u should go hyung!!1 pls pls pls pls plsp lsp splpsl plsp lspls pls

giggles
ok. i'll go.

JE0n
REJOICE

Jiman
HOLLER WEENIE HERE WE COME

》》

"i feel stupid."

"no, you're going to charm the shit out of seokjin."

namjoon gives him a long stare, and hoseok coughs to hide his laughter. he's wearing a black mustache and a red dad hat, fit with a red plaid shirt and black overalls. "i look like an ugly, hipster mario."

"listen, the moment seokjin sees your dedication, he's going to be so touched by your thoughts that he'll fall for you." hoseok sighs out, adjusting the beanie on his head. "besides, i'm doing the same thing, so, y'know. we're all in this together?"

"that's easy for you to say," namjoon huffs out, tugging at his suspenders. "you're dressed all cutely."

"this is a total stab at my pride."

"all guys dig cute things, okay." the teal-haired male stares at the mirror for awhile longer, before turning to the closet. "fuck it, i'm gonna change into a ryan onesie."

"namjoon, no, man the fuck up."

[SMS]
always hyungry
beep beep bitches we're outside
7:32 PM

patting his cheeks one more time, hoseok grabs his keys and his phone. "they're here already, joon, we gotta jet."

with a loud, inhuman wail, namjoon drags himself away from the closet, hurrying out the door behind hoseok. tuning out namjoon's grumbles, hoseok's stomach twists with excitement as he thinks about yoongi and how he's going to be dressed up. he's expecting a cliche vampire kind of thing since it would sorta fit yoongi and make him look really good.

taehyung's blue mazda sits in the front, with jimin in the front and jeongguk in the back. opening the door, hoseok slides in, followed by namjoon. jimin sits in shotgun, wearing a golden wreath around his head, while white sheets are draped upon him. taehyung's wearing normal clothes, and jeongguk wearing what looks like...an egg?

"nice outfit, joon," taehyung grins cheekily, as namjoon glares.

"what are you supposed to be?"

taehyung slumps down in his seat, so that his head barely touches the headrest. "i'm jimin for holler weenie."

jimin huffs loudly, as the rest of the car bursts into snickers. taehyung pulls the car out of the parking lot and starts driving.

"i didn't know you were gonna be all cutesy this year, hyung," jimin chirps loudly.

namjoon coughs, cutting hoseok off. "he's doing it to impress yoongi."

a chorus of oohs go around the car, with jeongguk playfully punching his shoulder; hoseok shoots daggers at namjoon with his eyes, while the other merely shrugs unapologetically.

B☆NGT☆N SQU☆D

Seokjinnie
hoseok

Hosucc
what

Seokjinnie
you're designated driver
no alcohol
thanks

Hosucc
WHAT
WhY ME

Seokjinnie
joon the incompetent has no license
i covered for your stupid party
yoongi deserves to get drunk at least once
therefroe: you are
designated driver.

Hosucc
this is rigged

cant's cook for shit
H A H

"shut up namjoon."

cue snickering.

》》

the doorbell rings, and there's only two other guests missing, so it means that the people at the door are none other than seokjin and yoongi. "i'll get it!" hoseok yells, hardly able to contain his excitement as he scampers to the door. exhaling repeatedly, hoseok smooths down the front of his sweater, before opening the door.

"yoongi, stop being a brat—"

"why didn't you just let me be a robber or something?"

"because i'm a good friend," seokjin whines back, squishing himself against the doorframe. he's wearing circular glasses and a yellow sweater, two antennae sticking out from the top of his head. "oh, hi, hoseok!"

hoseok can't see yoongi, but he does see the hint of mint behind seokjin's shoulder. "oh—hyung, hi, what are you supposed to be—"

seokjin sticks out his hand, clenching it into a fist. "arthur."

oh.

"remember, no alcohol!" he sings gaily, before sauntering off and leaving poor yoongi alone in the doorway.

yoongi

is

so

fuckin'

cute.

he stands in the doorway, eyes blinking all cutely at hoseok as he rubs his wrist with one of his hands, lips pursed together tightly. he's wearing an oversized mint hoodie, little triangular spikes scattered all over the place, sleeves hanging over his knuckles as he looks around with unenthusiasm. brown jeans and cactus socks in brown boots complete his simple look, but what attracts hoseok the most is his face.

is he wearing eyeliner? it looks like a hint of eyeliner, just to bring out the cattiness in yoongi, and there's cat whiskers drawn over his nose and pink cheeks, probably courtesy of seokjin (who someone has a killer way with makeup??). his hair is fluffed up twice as usual, and in between the mint clouds is a headband with cat ears. a vibrant green, with cactus spikes sticking out of it.

"you're cute," the both of them blurt out simultaneously, face flushed at the comment.

hoseok laughs nervously, gloved hands fidgeting with each other as he gazes earnestly at yoongi. "i—what's the concept?"

the older male rubs the nape of his neck awkwardly, taking a small step forward so that he's actually in the dorm and not outside. "i had no costume so seokjin made one for me—it's. you know, jin and his dad jokes? so, he thought of cat-tus. you know, cactus, cat. cat-tus."

yoongiisacactuscatandthisisthebestthingthat'severhappenedholyshit.

"you look really good," hoseok mumbles out, sidestepping do that yoongi can come in, before closing the door again.

"says you. if you're trying to make me swoon, you've really outdone yourself, hoseok," yoongi remarks with a teasing smile.

holyfuckohMYGODYOONGIFINALLYCOMPLIMENTEDMEOHMYGOD. "i needed a last-minute costume, and this just. happened."

which is a total lie, because the moment the devil twins shrieked "holler weenie", hoseok thought of yoongi's obsession with kumamon and how nice it'd be to surprise him. so here he stands, talking to a cactus cat, wearing a black beanie with bear ears, trying to ignore the sweat the builds up inside of the bear-paw-gloves, cheeks painted a bright red.

"you executed it well."

"wanna see an impression?" no, it's not like hoseok practiced fifty times in front of a mirror and asked namjoon for advice or anything. he's not that whipped.

yoongi nods curtly, and hoseok clears his throat, looking down at the ground to hide his anxiety, before bringing his head back up to look at the older male. he widens his eyes and opens his mouth in a happy grin, pretending to be a ray of sunshine beaming at yoongi.

the mint-haired male has his phone out, and quickly captures a picture of hoseok before he can protest. yoongi quickly locks his phone, a gummy smile crossing his face as he tucks it in his pocket. "this is gold, hoseok, i'm keepin' this to compare to kumamon."

hoseok jabs his hands out to feel for his phone, sending the older male shrieking playfully as he scampers away from hoseok. eyes bright, he chases after the yoongi, weaving between their friends and the tables. "seriously, delete it!"

"m'gonna print it out on poster paper and hang it next to my shelf!"

"oh my god, hyung, don't be an ass—delete it—"

yoongi swings behind taehyung with a breathless laugh, hiding behind him as he steals a beer from his hand.

"i was gonna down two at once," he complains.

"you're going to end up with alcohol poisoning and a dead body because we won't care," seokjin comments wryly, sipping his own from the couch.

hoseok attempts to sneak out an arm, only to have yoongi move away from it. "what am i, a pole?" taehyung huffs out.

"yes, yes you are!" jimin squeaks from the living room, where he's trying to outdance a wild jeongguk.

holding up a beer bottle, yoongi shakes it repeatedly and props his chin on taehyung's shoulder. "i'll call truce if you wanna drink with me?"

and truth to be told, hoseok's too weak for him to say no. "fine, but i'm only letting you go for now."

taehyung wrinkles his nose. "this sounds kinky."

eyebrows knitting together, yoongi presses the cold beer bottle against taehyung's neck, sending the younger male yelping as he stumbles away.

》》

by drinking, it means yoongi getting drunk and hoseok chugging juice.

hoseok learns that yoongi is a really terrible drinker, and takes only one beer to get his cheeks flushed and rosy red, and two to get him tipsy. he's a lot more open and talkative, leaning into hoseok every now and then as he laughs at seokjin's jokes and gives jeongguk and taehyung the stink eye.

"you're even worse than me," hoseok remarks with mild interest.

"whadda ya mean?" yoongi slurs with a furrow of his eyebrows, head resting against the corner of his couch.

"drunk you versus drunk me?" hoseok eyes the rest of his friends poorly playing beer pong.

"no!" yoongi sits up, a hand pointing accusingly at hoseok. "you, were a lot worse, but a loooooot cuter. like, legit you danced and sung and showed up a bunch of your talents, and every time you finished, you were like—" the older male blinks repeatedly, trying to make himself look cute but jutting out his bottom lip and pressing himself into hoseok. "—are you swooning now, hyung?"

hoseok suddenly wants to stop existing.

"and it was really funny!" yoongi relaxes, withdrawing himself back to the couch. "i'd say no, not really, and then you'd just keep on trying to impress me until you finally knocked out."

hoseok really regrets going there, now. if anything, he should probably leave in case things get worse and he finds himself in a sticky situation where he almost kisses a really fucking adorable yoongi, who's drunk and won't remember anything. and, if anything, he just wants to bury into his bed and wail and out how drunk hoseok basically ruined everything.

"we should go home," he declares with a small hum, eyes glancing at the clock. 1:23 blares at him, and although it's early, all his friends are drunk and he's bored of being sober.

yoongi frowns. "already? but it's only...only..."

"half past one," hoseok declares as he pats the older male's head, who responds with are scrunch of his face. he gets up to peeks into the dining room, where the the devil twins are doing something they might regret in the morning, while jeongguk has fallen asleep, drooling on the table of scattered cups. wandering around, hoseok eventually hears murmuring in the halls and hides behind a wall to eavesdrop.

"...you know...seokjin, i..i've been wanting to tell you something."

finally.

"what?"

"i...i...i really like..."

hoseok bites his bottom lip, shaking in excitement. wow, finally, joonie confessing after 500 years of torment, freeing hoseok from his wailing, life is gr—

"...doggos."

"i like doggos too, joonie. smol doggos especially, like tofu."

inhaling sharply, hoseok pretends like he didn't witness the most disappointing ending in the history of romance novels, and barges in. "come on, you too," he grumbles. "time to go home."

namjoon has the saddest expression on his face as he holds the twins's dog. "but we just picked up tofu!"

"yeah, well, you might break her, considering how intoxicated you are."

seokjin gives him the stink eye. "i'm a doctor, i can fix tofu if joonie kills it, so leave him alone."

hoseok hates drunk friends. "just put tofu down, and let's go or you'll have to uber home." turning on his heels, hoseok strides back to yoongi, gently judging the half-asleep male.

emitting a disgruntled noise, yoongi cracks an eye open, before unwillingly getting up.

"is it me, or are jimin and taehyung making out?" namjoon mumbles, wearing his jacket half on and half off.

"you're imagining things, they're like, best friends," seokjin clicks his tongue as he shuffles out the door with the rest of them.

best friends my ass. snorting quietly, hoseok grabs the keys from seokjin's hands and breaks into a brisk pace to his car, careful to keep an eye on his three dumb friends. namjoon, even in his most smashed state, is still careful to maintain a distance between him and seokjin, and hoseok swears that at this rate, he's never going to be able to date seokjin.

"namjoon takes shotgun, you both are in the back," hoseok instructs, opening the door and sliding in. the rest wordlessly comply, and he watches through the mirror as seokjin plops down on the seats and yoongi flops into him, curling into his side. it's a really endearing sight, and hoseok just wishes he could be seokjin in the moment.

instead, he just shakes it off and drives, eyes trying to stay on the road and not veer off to the tuft of mint hair in the mirror.

it doesn't take long for them to arrive—yoonjin's apartment isn't very far from the devil twin's dorms, and the roads are relatively clear, too. pulling in front of the complex, hoseok stops the car and turns to namjoon, repeatedly jabbing him until he awakens.

"wha—?" he whines, trying to bat away hoseok's finger.

"stay here; i'll take the drunk duo to their place."

"m'kay, gosh hobi, didn't need to wake me for that."

yoongi is still slurring words when hoseok opens the car doors, nonetheless quickly clambering out, with seokjin following behind. he leans into seokjin as they walk up, and the eldest complies by patting the top of yoongi's head.

hoseok isn't jealous or anything. he totally dosen't feel like an awkward third wheel. maybe yoongi isn't into him, maybe he's just really affectionate with everyone he knows when he's drunk, and that light caress earlier and that selfie where hoseok and he puckered their lips didn't mean a thing.

god.

he stands off to the side, watching as seokjin rummaged around for his keys, before unlocking the door and slipping right in. he figures that seokjin will bus over, or he'll wail to hoseok about his head hurting and needing medicine or something. hoseok raises his hand to wave at yoongi, who walks in without looking back.

lips pursed together, hoseok only sighs as he turns to walk away.

"pst."

blinking, hoseok stops.

"psst, hobi."

head turning, he stares at yoongi peeking out the front door, hand beckoning frantically. slightly confused, hoseok takes hesitant steps towards yoongi, until he's about a meter away.

"closer," yoongi demands rather childishly.

hoseok obliges, and the mint boy repeats his words until they're hardly more than a few centimeters apart, and he can smell the fruity scent of orange soda from earlier.

a smile spreading across his face, yoongi leans up to press a quick kiss to hoseok's cheek, before lowering himself back down. "good night, hobi." he chirps out, sliding back inside and closing the door.

mouth open, hoseok stares at the door, a hidden blush creeping up his cheeks.

》》

"you like hoseok, don't you?"

"what are you talking about?" yoongi laughs, brushing his comment aside.

"seriously! you two are like, smitten for each other." seokjin protests, eyebrows wiggling.

"the day i like hoseok is the day you like joon, real talk. now, i have to go see someone—"

"it's hoseok, isn't it?"

"i'm going!"

but seokjin's words seem to echo in his mind the moment he steps outside, coming to a stop at the sight of hoseok standing awkwardly with his cheeky grin, and yoongi thinks his heart might've skipped a beat.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro

#siro