3-Epilogue: Dandelions

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

From outside the door, Hoseok can just barely hear the gentle strains of a melody floating through the air, light and airy and sweet. He pictures Yoongi, sitting at the piano with his glasses perched on the tip of his nose, nimble fingers flying across the keys, and smiles to himself.

Hoseok waits until the song comes to an end to punch in the passcode,setting his briefcase down beside the couch before he wanders into the foyer. Yoongi is talking quietly to Jeongguk, waving his hands around as he explains about seismic quavers and syncopated rhythms, and Jeongguk's eyes are wide with admiration, cheeks dusted with warmth.

Jeongguk is quite possibly Yoongi's favourite student out of the lot, and Hoseok loves seeing Yoongi like this, features warm with passion, music spilling from his fingertips and lingering in the air even after the melody has faded into nothing. Quietly, Hoseok knocks on the wall of the archway, grinning when Yoongi turns around to glance at him, flustered.

"Oh- I didn't even hear you come in, Seok-ah." His cheeks are flushed a pretty pink, the tips of his ears red, and Hoseok is so, so endeared.

" 'S fine. I just got home a couple of minutes ago anyway. How much longer do you have left with Jeongguk?"

At the mention of his name, Jeongguk bows quickly, the line of his shoulders tense. Yoongi had told Hoseok once, smile gummy with how wide it was, that Jeongguk is a little bit intimidated by him; Hoseok had laughed and asked why, and Yoongi had wiggled his eyebrows teasingly and said he didn't know because Hoseok is a softie if there ever was one.

The memory makes Hoseok smile. Yoongi turns to flip through the books scattered around him, glancing at his wristwatch in worry, bottom lip tugged in between his teeth. "About fifteen minutes, I think. This one-" he smacks Jeongguk lightly upside the head with a hand, frowning- " insists on practicing without a metronome. The nerve of high schoolers these days, really."

Hoseok clucks his tongue and turns to Jeongguk, raising his eyebrows in question. "Are you giving Yoongi hyung trouble, Jeongguk?"

Jeongguk splutters and wrings his hands together. "No! It's just-the metronome is so annoying, and I don't know how to keep tempo when we do 6/8 time-"

"Which is exactly why we use the metronome, Guk." Yoongi interrupts cajolingly and Hoseok laughs, walking forward to peck him on the corner of the mouth.

Jeongguk grumbles something under his breath but it's obvious he isn't really upset, and so Hoseok ruffles his hair affectionately, ignoring his wide eyed gaze as he turns to face Yoongi.

"Wrap up quick, okay? Namjoon's christmas party starts at eight and you know he's been dying to introduce us to his boyfriend- he'll throw a fit if we're late."

"I know," Yoongi murmurs, leaning forward and brushing his lips along Hoseok's jaw. "I'll be done soon, we just have to go over this measure one more time."

Nodding, Hoseok presses a kiss into Yoongi's temple before waving at Jeongguk, who shrinks into himself, raising a timid hand in goodbye. This time, it's Yoongi who laughs and Hoseok shakes his head in pretend annoyance, turning on his heel and chuckling as Jeongguk whines.

He's only been in the shower for a few minutes when he hears the door to their bathroom creak open, Yoongi padding in quietly to join him under the warm spray. He wraps his arms around Hoseok's abdomen and noses into the space behind his ear, soft and small and gentle, impossibly sweet.

Yoongi gets like this sometimes, when he misses Hoseok and doesn't know how to say it. Hoseok accepts his touch easily and leans into him, smiling a little when Yoongi whines that he's heavy. Turning around, Hoseok cradles his face in his hands and bends down to kiss him softly, Yoongi pliant in his arms as the water falls around them, steam curling up from the floor and clinging to their skin.

His face is flushed red when Hoseok tugs away, eyelashes wet against his cheeks. Yoongi hums and wraps his arms around Hoseok's waist again, peppering damp, open mouthed kisses along his collarbones, lips ticklish. Hoseok laughs before plucking a bottle from the shelf above them and squirting shampoo into his palm, massaging it into the strands of Yoongi's black hair with gentle fingers. Sometimes, Hoseok finds himself missing the silver colour and how elfin it had made him look, but more often than not, he prefers Yoongi like this; himself.

Yoongi squirms under his hands, eyes shut tight as Hoseok rinses the conditioner away. Humming softly, he taps Yoongi on the shoulder when he finishes and turns around, sighing when he feels Yoongi start to rub body wash across his back. They stay in there for far too long, fingers pruney and shriveled when they finally stumble out; Hoseok doesn't regret it one bit.

Wrapping Yoongi in a fluffy towel that easily dwarfs his small frame, Hoseok tugs him closer and nuzzles into juncture of his neck and shoulder, nipping softly at the skin there.

"Stop," Yoongi whines, vainly trying to escape. "We're going to be late Hoseok, get-get off ."

Hoseok frowns and hugs Yoongi to him one last time before finally stepping away, shoulders limp. "I don't want to go hyung, it's cold outside. Can't we just tell Namjoon you fell sick?"

He stares at Yoongi hopefully, pushing his bottom lip out. "No," Yoongi says derisively, rummaging through their closet before throwing a white dress shirt at Hoseok. "I want to meet Seokjin once and for all, and you know Taehyung will only tease us when he realizes we aren't there."

Sighing, Hoseok shrugs on the clothes Yoongi set out for him. The black blazer fits well, the dark wash jeans emphasizing his lean frame; the cufflinks are a pretty sterling silver, glinting under the dim light of their bedroom when Yoongi fastens them together, lip bitten cutely in concentration.

As Hoseok watches him, he can't help but feel inappropriately endeared; Yoongi is small and pretty and sweet, and Hoseok's heart swells with affection for him. "Yoongi," he whispers, dropping his head onto Yoongi's shoulder without warning, hunching his back so he fits more comfortably. "Baby. Do we have to go?"

Yoongi is quiet and Hoseok breathes his scent in, the enticing citrus and vanilla mixing together in a heady combination. "You know I can't say no to you when you do stuff like this." Yoongi's voice is soft, breath warm against the nape of Hoseok's neck, and his hand comes up to trace circles over the ridges of Hoseok's spine.

Hoseok grumbles something unintelligible into the hollow of his throat before raising his voice a little, letting go of whatever hope he had. "But?"

He can almost hear Yoongi's smile. "But we have to go."

Hoseok groans and ignores the chuckles reverberating through Yoongi's body, content to breathe Yoongi in like this for the rest of his days. Eventually, Yoongi pats him on the back, touch gentle. "C'mon, Seok-ah. Up. We have to leave soon and I still need to change."

" 'mm."

Yoongi steps away and pecks him on the cheek before turning around completely to search for his clothes, eyes curved in mirth. Hoseok sits on their bed, legs folded beneath him, content to watch as he gets dressed. It's very methodical, Yoongi slipping into his black turtleneck messily, hair mussed as he emerges from struggling with the thick material. He wriggles into his jeans next, squirming this way and that before shrugging into his blazer, glasses sitting askew atop his nose.

Hoseok is so, so in love.

"What're you smiling about, Seok-ah?"

Hoseok startles out of his thoughts and glances at Yoongi, lips parting into a heart shaped grin. "Nothin'. I'm just- I'm really happy, Yoongi."

Yoongi combs through his hair with his fingers before spritzing cologne over himself, cheeks flushed red. "Yeah?"

Sidling off the bed, Hoseok moves until he's holding Yoongi again, brushing his nose against his in an eskimo kiss. "Really, really happy." he says quietly, Yoongi's body fitting perfectly into the hollow of his.

They stay like that for a little while longer, wrapped in each other's embrace. Surprisingly, Hoseok is the one who tugs away first, brushing his hair out of his eyes as he hands Yoongi his car keys. "Can you go turn the heater on? I'll be down in a bit, I just need to tame this." He points to his hair and Yoongi laughs a little before nodding, smiling as he turns to leave.

"Come quick, okay? I can already hear Namjoon yelling at us." Yoongi rolls his eyes and Hoseok nods, watching as Yoongi walks out of their room and into the foyer. He slips into his shoes and gestures for Hoseok to hurry up again one last time, the door closing behind him with a soft click.

Immediately, Hoseok runs back into their room to rummage through his underwear drawer, pulling out a pair of penguin patterned socks. It's a bit of a quintessential hiding place if he's being honest, but it's worked well so far. He shakes them, a flurry of butterflies erupting in his stomach when the heavy silver ring falls into his palm, glinting sweetly under the light as it rolls around in his hand.

It's tungsten (unbreakable, a voice in the back of his head supplies helpfully) and the ring itself is thick, but the pattern is simple because Hoseok knows Yoongi doesn't like flashy jewelry. Two twisted braids of silver are woven together to lie on top of each other and they shine happily, twinkling bright under the his gaze, sending heady shivers of anticipation running through his body as he finishes getting dressed.

The ring is heavy in his pocket all throughout the drive and every time Yoongi glances at him, Hoseok's heart beats faster from the nerves. The idea of proposing has been rattling around in his head for ages; a love like this only comes in once in a lifetime and Hoseok's known from the beginning that Yoongi was it for him.

As he pulls into the driveway of Namjoon's penthouse, Yoongi turns to him, voice low with worry. "Hoseok-you look a little unwell, baby. I was only joking before, if you really feel sick then of course we don't have to go."

Hoseok tries to smile but he has a feeling it comes out looking more like a grimace instead. "I'm fine, Yoongi." He picks up one of Yoongi's hands and brushes his nose across it, the silver Valentino bracelet he'd given Yoongi for their one year anniversary sitting pretty on his wrist. "Let's go, yeah? It's getting late."

Yoongi doesn't look entirely convinced, uncertainty lingering in the purse of his lips, but Hoseok opens the passenger door side for him and bows low, holding out his arm out for Yoongi to take. Chuckling a little at his display of chivalry, Yoongi interlaces their hands instead and presses himself securely into Hoseok's side.

Namjoon greets them at the door with a wide smile, dimples deep enough to sit in. They have two glasses of champagne in their hands within the minute, and Namjoon ushers them in warmly, pointing to the couch where Taehyung is sitting with Jimin, their fingers intertwined as they talk to each other animatedly.

"Sit, sit, I'll be there in a minute, I just need to find Jin."

Teasingly, Hoseok raises an eyebrow at him as he looks around. A christmas tree glints invitingly in the corner, lights strung up around the staircase banisters; tinsel is hanging sporadically from random surfaces, wreaths of evergreen and mistletoe decorating every available space. It's festive and pretty and Hoseok doesn't even have to ask to know Namjoon had nothing to do with it.

"It was Jin," Namjoon says hastily, running his hands through his now brown hair. It falls across his forehead in soft strands, and Hoseok smiles because he remember how worried Namjoon had been when he was getting rid of the bleach. "All Jin, I couldn't ever do something like this."

"We know," Yoongi says affectionately, eyes bright as he takes in the transformed bachelor pad. "It looks wonderful though. Introduce us soon, okay? I want to thank the guy who has you all in a tizzy. "

Namjoon nods, a smile tugging at his mouth again, and Hoseok and Yoongi make their way over to Taehyung and Jimin, sinking into the leather couches opposite from them.

Jimin smiles when he sees them, his eyes curving into tiny crescent moons. "Hoseokie hyung! Yoongi hyung! I've missed you!"

In all honesty, it's been less than a week since they've seen each other but it's difficult to not miss someone like Jimin. He's small and compact and adorable (fun sized, as Taehyung likes to say) and everything about him makes Hoseok feel warm.

"Jimin-ah," Yoongi drawls, lips curling up at the corners, "It's been about three days. Did you really miss us?"

Taehyung nods vigorously. "Of course, hyung! We were planning the honeymoon last night and honestly, both of us had to stop and think about it if we really wanted to make it three weeks long just because of how much we would miss you."

Jimin hums and the gold ring wrapped prettily around his finger winks, as if in agreement. Hoseok watches it, the butterflies in his stomach feeling more like snakes now, but he buries his face into Yoongi's shoulder and tries to ignore them.

Yoongi cards his fingers through Hoseok's hair gently, his satoori a little more thick when he speaks, courtesy of Taehyung. "I still can't believe you two are married. It's been what, less than a year since you started dating?"

Jimin giggles as Taehyung shakes his head, a mock frown tugging his lips down. "Au contraire, mon cheri-" he wiggles his eyebrows, and glances at Jimin fondly, eyes warm with love- "We've actually been platonic soulmates since elementary school, in case you don't remember."

"Still," Hoseok says "How do you go from being best friends for twenty years to suddenly marrying one another?"

Taehyung waves his hand dismissively. "Details, details. Anyway, what about you two? I swear, the first time I met Yoongi hyung was-"

"Three years ago," Hoseok finishes quietly, eyes never leaving Yoongi's. He tightens his grip around Yoongi's waist and shifts closer so that their thighs are touching, hands intertwined. "We just had our three year anniversary a month ago."

Taehyung whistles through his teeth, a cheshire grin curling his lips. "Wow. Hoseok hyung's managed to put up with you for that long?"

Yoongi scoffs before Hoseok can even process the words and turns to face Taehyung, eyes narrowed. "Shut it, kid. I should be asking Jimin that, the audacity-"

"Guys," Namjoon interrupts, and everyone turns to face him at once, banter dying down. There's a tall, startlingly pretty man hanging off his arm, caramel coloured hair falling endearingly over his forehead. "Guys, this is my boyfriend, Kim Seokjin. Jin, these are-well, they're my best friends."

It becomes clear, very quickly, that Kim Seokjin is nothing short of an enigma. He's a chef by day and a model by night, having featured in Vogue Korea more than a few times. His laugh is endearingly squeaky, jokes hilariously unfunny, face almost too pretty to be real; he fits into their group easily, and it feels as if he's known them for years.

"I was searching for the shrimp," Seokjin says, a breathless giggle escaping his lips, "And when I didn't find any, I went to go ask the maître d if she knew where they were and, well-that's when I saw Namjoon."

Namjoon smiles a little as Seokjin continues his story. "It's just-he looked so adorable standing there with his pink hair and cute dimples, I didn't even want to go back into the kitchen. God, I made some excuse and pretended as if I was going to be his server that evening, and everyone went absolutely mad searching for me."

Seokjin blushes. "After that, he just kept coming back to the restaurant but he couldn't ever find me, since-since I'm the chef."

Jimin laughs at his sheepish smile, throwing his whole body into Taehyung. "But?"

"But," Seokjin says, knocking his elbow into Namjoon's. "I eventually saw him out there and confessed I have a thing for cute boys with pink hair and dimples."

This time it's Namjoon who blushes, the tips of his ears turning red. The evening passes like that, too many empty wine bottles littering the tables around them, but Seokjin and Namjoon eventually have to leave to mingle with the rest of their guests, and Hoseok uses their disappearance to his advantage.

"Baby," he mumbles into Yoongi's shoulder, giggling a little at the feel of Yoongi's thumb stroking over the back of his hand. Alcohol is staining his thoughts, running through his veins and sitting heavy in the pit of his stomach. "Baby, let's go. "

Yoongi laughs and Hoseok pouts when he doesn't get the answer he's looking for. He tugs insistently on the collar of Yoongi's turtleneck, peering at him through pitiful eyes. "Please," he says, quieter and little more soft than before. "Please. I wanna make you feel good."

Immediately, Yoongi stiffens. It's been awhile since they've done anything except cuddle and as much as Hoseok loves Yoongi, he's not above playing dirty in situations like these. He nips a little at the space behind Yoongi's ear, a spot he'd long since learned was sensitive, and Yoongi just barely keeps the moan from spilling past his lips.

"Stop," Yooni hisses, desperately trying to bat away the hand inching up his thigh. Jimin and Taehyung argue over them, blissfully unaware, and Hoseok grins as he tongues the silver hoops lining Yoongi's ear. "Fuck-fuckin' fine asshat, you win."

Hoseok grins, triumphant, as Yoongi says their goodbyes for him, barely managing to wave at Namjoon before he's being dragged out of the house and into his Audi. "Drive," Yoongi growls, drumming his fingers impatiently over the center console. " Now. "

It doesn't take them too long to reach home, the sky blurry as they race through the dark streets. Yoongi strokes Hoseok's thigh, his fingers kneading the muscle there, and Hoseok is embarrassingly hard by the time they stumble through the door, fumbling a little as they shuck their shoes off, hands fisted in each others' clothes.

" God , I missed this," Hoseok groans, pushing Yoongi onto the bed, hands scrabbling to tug the blazer off from around his shoulders. "You-you're such a fuckin' tease , you know that?"

Yoongi laughs breathlessly, the mattress bouncing beneath his weight. Casually, (or as casually as he can, given the situation they're in) Hoseok checks his pocket, breathing an internal sigh of relief when his fingers close around the ring.

"But you love me," Yoongi says teasingly, eyes sweetly curving upwards.

"I do." Hoseok agrees, voice soft and a little bit unsteady.

He brushes his nose along the line of Yoongi's neck and presses his fingers into the divots of Yoongi's hips, humming thoughtfully. "I love the way you fit so perfectly in my hands- like you were made for me."

Yoongi squirms a little as Hoseok trails wet, open mouthed kisses down his sternum, smiling softly when Yoongi twines his fingers into his hair and tugs with light fingers. "I love when you touch me like that. Gently, as if I'm something you're afraid of breaking."

A quiet whine escapes Yoongi's lips when Hoseok dips his fingers under the hem of his shirt, Yoongi's body warm beneath his touch. "I love how you're always, so, so, sweet. You hide underneath this shell around almost everyone else, but with me, you let go, and you laugh and you smile and you're you."

At this, Yoongi let's his eyes flutter shut, trying to hide himself from Hoseok's gaze. "Hobi," he says softly, cheeks flushed a light pink. "Why-"

Hoseok hushes him, leaning down and pressing his lips against Yoongi's in a chaste kiss. "I love the way you crinkle your nose when you're frustrated with me. I love waking up wrapped around you in the mornings, and I love how you'll play piano until late in the night. I love the way you take your coffee, with too much sugar and not enough milk, and I love how gummy your smile is when you laugh without being self conscious."

He huffs out a laugh and peppers kiss all over Yoongi's face. "I love your sleepy eyes and the little mole on your lip. I love when you come to me first and tell me what's on your mind because you know I worry about you, and I love the ridiculously childish Kumamon keychain you insist on carrying everywhere."

The ring is cold against the warmth of his palm, and Hoseok brushes his lips against the curve of Yoongi's jaw before picking up his left hand, heart beating a frenetic tattoo in his chest. "I love you. So, so much."

Yoongi's eyes flutter open when he feels the ring touch his skin, and Hoseok takes a deep breath, pushing the tungsten onto his finger gently. It's a perfect fit.

"Oh my god," Yoongi says, staring at Hoseok with wide eyes. His hair fans out around him, and he looks so pretty lying there, cheeks dusted with warmth. "Oh my god, Hoseok, is this-"

"Min Yoongi." Hoseok begins, sitting back on his haunches and smiling a little at Yoongi's stunned expression. "Will you marry me?"

" Yes , Fuckin' fuckin, yes, Hoseok, I just-oh my god, yes. " Yoongi's crying softly now, face buried in his hands, shoulders shaking.

"Hey," Hoseok says, mildly amused. The ring glints happily on Yoongi's finger, and Hoseok feels something akin to pride bubble up in his chest as he gathers Yoongi in his arms. "Baby. Why're you crying? Does the thought of marrying me really upset you that much?"

"Shut up," Yoongi sniffles, studying the gleaming silver with watery eyes. He climbs into Hoseok's lap, body soft and small and warm, and Hoseok wraps his arms around his waist, tracing circles over his spine.

"Yoongi?" Hoseok asks softly, chin hooked over Yoongi's shoulder. Yoongi's arms are wrapped tightly around his neck, legs straddling his waist, and Hoseok doesn't know where he begins and Yoongi ends; it's perfect.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks," he says, tightening his arms around Yoongi's waist. "For being mine."

I'm in a field of Dandelions

Wishing on every one that you'd be mine

And I see forever in your eyes

I feel okay when I see you smile

Wishing on Dandelions all of the time

Praying to god that one day you'll be mine

Wishing on dandelions all of the time

I'm in a field of dandelions

Wishing on every one that you'd be mine

-Ruth B, Dandelions