Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter Fifteen
we're getting it back

3rd person pov

juno sat with jj, kiara , pope ,cleo and sarah and saylor. saylor

"when I went back to tannyhill, rafe was on the phone with ward and he just kept saying my thing, my thing. he had to be talking about the cross" sarah said and via nodded

"absolutely" pope said

"and he's coming to Wilmington tonight at eight o'clock. its being shipped by train to raleigh from there, but this is our chance to get it back" sarah stated

"you get any other information?" pope asked

"sarah got the cargo number" kiara exclaimed

"okay, well, that's a start" pope said

"they're definitely fencing that shit off as we speak so we should probably get a move on" jj told them

"juno , you hear from john b?" pope asked

"no, I mean, he's probably off somewhere with his dad which sucks cause they have the twinkie and that is our only form of transportation" juno said and saylor thought

" I can take toppers truck, he wont think anything of it" he offered and they all nodded; the plan was ago. saylor soon left and they all waited around for him when he got back, he honked the horn and they all turned to him

"let us go" he called. juno got in the front seat as jj got on his bike. kiara was in the back with sarah as Pope and cleo sat in the trunk of the truck, saylor started the truck as he drove them to the ferry. they got on and went to Wilmington. when they got the trains, they climbed on one and sarah spoke up

"there's like 1,00 trains here" Sarah said

"Well we know its car 750x on the track to Raleigh" pope said

"Yeah so now we just have to find it" jj exclaimed

" news flash. we're not getting out of here unnoticed without a giant cross" kiara stated

"okay well we won't have to get out of here unnoticed. we can nab it somewhere further in the country. just gotta figure out how to stop the train" pope said

"leave that to me and juno" jj said

"don't volunteer me" she said and he made eye contact with her and she sighed.

"okay so how you gonna do that?" cleo asked

"well I got an uncle up in new bern, right? when he got tipsy, he'd just thrown an old chain across the tracks, for shits and giggles and that old little chain would stop all the train traffic in coastal Carolina" jj exclaimed

"a chain?" kiara asked

"he's actually right, there's a low voltage current that runs across all rail tracks. throw a chain on it, close that circuit. it would read as another train, crossing lights come down. science is actually pretty sound" pope said

"science, I know my science" jj stated

"well we don't have a chain" pope said

"no but toppers' truck does has jumper cables right?" sarah asked her girlfriend

"oh for sure" juno said and she hopped down as she grabbed the cables and held them

"alright, you all wait here. me and pope will go look for it and send a signal once we find it" cleo said

"do we actually have a plan right now?" sarah asked

"I think we do sarah  but lets not jinx ourselves" juno said and pope climbed off the train with cleo. sarah stayed between saylor and juno 

"that's it, we're green" kiara said and they all stood up until they heard the sound of a train moving

"you hear that? trains moving, trains moving, trains moving"jj said and they all jumped off of the train . Taylor went to the truck with Sarah and juno as jj and kie  got the jumper cables. jj got on the bike with kiara as saylor got in the truck with sarah and juno as  they began to drive. cleo and pope were on the train together

soon kiara and jj got to the tracks as they put the jumper cables down. sarah , juno and saylor stayed in the truck as they pulled over for pope and cleo. they pulled up and got the cross into the truck.

"alright, lets go" saylor said and pope got in the back with cleo as saylor took off as fast as she could. he looked and saw jj and kie behind him

"that's jj and kie" sarah said and she nodded.

"just keep going straight saylor" jj called and he nodded. he watched kiara climb into the back and he looked at jj

"don't be an idiot" saylor called and jj laughed as he turned the bike and they all watched

"say stop the truck" sarah said and he stopped the truck as he turned around and begin to go after jj.

"I'm not letting anything happen to this kid" juno told herself as she watched saylor step on the gas . she watched as they got to the bridge. saylor went under as jj went over, he watched the bike fly off and he slammed on the brakes

"where is he?" kiara asked. juno was frozen, she couldn't speak. she felt like nothing made sense at all

"no no no jj, jj" sarah called

"maybe he's up on the bridge" pope stated but juno shook her head

"I wish I could say that I did that on purpose but that was the gnarliest powerslide I've ever done" jj said and pope ran forward as he hugged jj and jj hugged him back. pope let him go as sarah pushed him and then hugged him.

he looked at juno as he walked forward and hugged her

"you scared me maybank" she said and he nodded

"I'm sorry junie" he said and she nodded as they all stared and then pope spoke up

"the pleasantries are nice but we really have to get out of here" pope said and they all got back in the truck as they drove off. the cross fell off on an overpass and they ran to it as the top came off and they all looked at it

"what the hell?" kiara said

"shit , its a fake" pope said and he kneeled down as he looked at it

"of course we did, of course we stole a fake" jj said

"look we're getting it back" juno tried and then they heard the sound of sirens and kiara spoke up

"guys we have to go"  they all got in the truck but juno only thought about one thing

it was gone and there was no way they were getting it back, they had failed.

again

-ABBYS NOTES-

I love you junie b

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro