№24|Here To Stay

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

№24|Here To Stay
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Dayo laughed as him and Barron shared a glass of brandy in his office. “Dayo, you are hilarious.” Barron laughed. Lawrence patted his shoulder.

“You should see him when he’s drunk! He’s a laughing stock!” Lawrence chuckled, sipping his drink.

Suddenly, Barron’s phone rang. He excused himself and held it to his ear. “They’re here?... great! I’ll be right out, Medusa.” He hung up, looking towards Lawrence and Dayo. “Do you want to greet the Zhao Pack with me?”

“Sure. I’ve heard good words about the Zhao Alpha.” Dayo rose from his chair. The three wolves walked out to meet Medusa at the entrance.

Medusa bounced on the balls of her feet. “I’m so excited! I heard Asian Wolves are the fastest! The fast wolf I’ve seen so far is Yvette.”

Barron chuckled, kissing the top of her head. “I love it when your eyes light up when you learn something new.”

“Do you think Yvette and the Zhao Alpha will be willing for me to do an experiment on them?” Medusa’s eyes sparkled.

“In due time, yes,” Barron kissed her lips, “but how about we start small… just some questions.”

“Okay!” Medusa was giddier than a kid in a candy store.

The car pulled up to the entrance, first exciting Ambrocio. He smiled, walking up to the small group of wolves, and one researcher. “Barron,” his face grew still, “I’m sorry if I may have seemed rude over the phone. I’ve been stressed lately… my mate has the virus and I haven’t been able to see her.”

“I’m so sorry…” Barron whimpered, frowning at the ground.

“Don’t be… I just want her to be better.” Ambrocio sighed softly.

Dayo patted his shoulder. “You must know I’ll be praying for her to Ọsanyìn.”

“Who?” Ambrocio questioned.

“Ọsanyìn. The male orisha, or Yoruba deity, of healing, herbs, and medicine.” Medusa defined, writing down the information in her notebook.

“Smart Luna.” Ambrocio noted.

“Thank you.” Medusa smiled.

“Thank you - I don’t believe I got your name.” He turned towards Dayo.

“Oladayo, but you can just call me Dayo.” Dayo smiled, shaking Ambrocio’s hand.

“I believe you said you brought your daughter with you, Ambrocio?” Barron questioned.

“Ah, yes.” He turned towards the car. “Dechen! Come on out and meet the alphas.”

Dayo turned towards the car door as it creaked open. Dechen peaked her head out of the door like a rabbit rising from hibernation. She stretched out her arms as she exited the car.

The sun hit her medium golden skin just right to make her sparkle in the afternoon sun. Her wide eyes shimmered, smiling softly at the wolves. She began walking over to the group, but stopped in her tracks when she spotted Dayo.

Dayo caught his breath. “She’s… here…”

“What?” Lawrence whispered, he noticed the shared stare between Dayo and Dechen. “Oh…”

He nudged Barron, causing the Alpha to chuckle. “Took him long enough.”

Ambrocio approached his daughter. “What’s wrong, Dechen?”

“I-I-I-I can’t mo-move…” Dechen stammered.

“Okay, breathe. Let him come to you.” Ambrocio instructed. Lawrence pushed Dayo towards Dechen, causing the two to meet in the middle.

“He-Hello.” Dayo shuttered slightly.

“H-Hi…” Dechen could barely form the words.

Dayo smiled and kissed her hand. “It’s a pleasure to meet you in person, Dechen.”

Dechen blushed madly. “Ni-nice to meet you too…”

Dayo smiled. “You’re more beautiful than I imagined, Dechen.” His kisses trailed up to her wrist. “I look forward to seeing more of you.”

All Dechen could do was nod. Dayo smiled and winked at her. He grabbed her hand and led her inside the compound. “I’ll see you later, ododo mi.” He whispered sensually in her ear.

◥✥◤

The moment Salvador entered the compound, he could tell she was there. The woman he protected last night was in this building. As soon as he finished unpacking, he walked around the compound trying to pick up the scent of bergamot and manuka.

“Salvador!” Barron slung his arm over his shoulder. “How’s it hanging?”

“Uh yeah… great…” Barron could tell he was a distraction. “Just taking a look around… yeah…”

“For who?” Barron smirked.

“The girl I protec- wait a minute.” Salvador turned towards him. “I know what you're doing!”

“I was talking with your mom earlier.” Barron nudged him slyly. “You can’t fool me, Salvador. I know that look~”

Barron eyed Medusa from down the hall. He smiled and waved at the researcher. “I get it everytime I look at her…”

“She’s an amazing Luna. Keep her safe.” Salvador smiled, patting his back.

Barron laughed, walking towards Medusa. He wrapped his arms around her waist and smiled. “How’s your study going?”

“Amazing!” Medusa cheered. “Ambrocio let me ask him a couple questions. As did Valentin! Oh! And Ambrocio agreed to do a speed test against Yvette!”

“You’ll finally get to see who’s faster.” Barron kissed her nose. “I’m sure you get all your research in due time.”

“Speaking of,” she walked her fingers up Barron’s chest, “would you mind me doing a little experiment on you?”

“What kind?” Barron questioned.

“Oh nothing huge. I just wanted to test a little theory~” She purred, kissing his lips.“I’m going out on a couple dates.”

Barron backed away. “Excuse me?”

“Barron, it’s all in the name of science.” Medusa chuckled, wrapping her arms around Barron’s neck. “Nothing big… I just wanted to test a small side theory.”

“But-”

“Barron, I just need you to trust me… please.” Medusa whispered. Barron sighed.

“This is just for your theory, right?” Barron frowned slightly.

“Yes, and you play a very big role Barron.” She tapped his nose. “I need you to make sure you're there on date.”

“What?” Barron was confused.

“I want to see how fast your wolf reacts under pressure.” Medusa smiled brightly.

“Wolfie is pretty good under pressure. He has to be. We are alphas, after all.”

“Not that pressure,” Medusa rolled her eyes. “Other types of pressure.”

“What do you mean?” Barron was even more confused.

“You’ll see. The first date is this week at a dinner in Ardglass.” Barron groaned.

“Why does it have to be in a Fleshie Town?” Barron groaned, hanging his head.

“It’s nothing too big,” Medusa rolled her eyes. “It’s with some wolf named Julio.”

Wolfie growled, “I don’t want our researcher going out with another wolf…”

“You know how she is… when she sees something new, she has to learn about it.” Barron chuckled, stroking her cheek. Medusa giggled and leaned into his touch.

“Please stay safe, my little researcher.” He whispered. She nodded.

“Don’t worry.” Medusa kissed his hand. “At the end of the day, I’m still yours.”

Barron nodded, eyeing his mark on her neck. “Yeah… all mine.”

Salvador watched the moment from across the hall. It was just like his mother and father… there was something there Salvador couldn’t understand.

“Salvador,” Barron walked over, “she’s in the potion room.”

“What?” Salvador asked.

Medusa giggled. “He said, ‘she’s in the potion room’.” She waved goodbye as the pair walked off.

Salvador walked towards the potions room. The smell of bergamot and manuka overwhelmed his senses. His wolf perked up at the smell. “It’s her!” He was this close to coming to the forefront, but the latter kept control.

“We don’t know if it’s her.” Salvador scolded, slowly walking into the room. “U-um… hello?” He stuttered.

Kalypso sprouted up from under the table, pulling Salvador towards the cauldron. “Taste this.” She stuffed a spoonful of liquid into his mouth. “What do you taste?”

“It tastes like… my mom’s enchiladas… wow how did you do that?” Salvador questioned, looking up at Kalypso. Her goggles were fogged so she couldn’t see him.

“Simple really, it’s just an easy-” She wiped her goggles, taking in Salvador’s beauty. “...potion…”

“You… protected... me…” Kalypso stammered, her hand reaching up towards Salvador.

“Happy to finally meet you in real life.” He kissed the inside of her hand. “You’re even more beautiful in person.”

Kalypso gulped and turned back to her potion. “What can I get you… um…”

“Salvador.”

“What can I get you, Salvador?” She placed the potion in a bottle, putting it on a shelf. “healing potions, strength potions, meal potions...?”

“I want to see how you’re doing. Last night I woke up after that wolf came. Are you okay?” Salvador stroked her cheek.

Kalyspso moved away. “I’m sorry… I don’t know what you mean.”

“What are you talking about? Last night we had the same dream. I protected you, don’t you remember?” Salvador reminded her.

Kalypso blushed, shaking her head. “No-nope! It didn’t happen!”

“Yes, it did!” Salvador cupped her cheeks. “Don't you remember what I told you, mi reina?”

“N-no…” Kalypso muttered. He could tell she was lying… of course she’d remembered. It was the sweetest words she heard in ages…

“You can deny it all you want. Last night was amazing and you know it.” Salvador smirked.

Kalypso shut the door. “Don’t go saying those things too loud!” She scolded.

“So now you remember?” Salvador smirked, sitting on one of the stools nearby.

“Yes, I do… how do you expect me to forget something like that?” Kalypso muttered, her blush deepening.

She sat beside Salvador, looking down in shame. “I should’ve been stronger…”

“What?” Salvador questioned.

“You shouldn’t have had to save me! You have enough to worry about…” Kalypso frowned, playing with the fabric of her jeans.

“Hey.” Salvador lifted her chin. “Don’t worry about being strong during the night. You’re so strong during the day… and I’ll handle the night.”

“But-”

“No buts.” He stroked her cheek. “You’re so strong during the day let me be strong for you at night. Take a break when the sun goes down. You need it.”

“A-Are you gonna be there tonight?” Kalypso looked up at him with hopeful eyes.

Salvador chuckled. “Of course.” He kissed her forehead. “Just rest… I’ll take care of everything.”

Kalypso hugged him tightly. “Thank you…” 

“Anything for you, mi reina (my queen).”

◥✥◤

“Bhaiya (big brother)! Didi (big sister)!” Dalaja cheered, tackling her brother and sister in a big hug.

She smirked at her siblings mates and looked up at Ayame and Alistair. “Oooh! Bhaiya and Didi got mates!” She walked up to Yvette. “Did Bhaiya pay you?”

“What? No!” Yvette laughed, hugging Alistair tightly. “I love him!”

She chuckled softly, smiling at Yvette. “I know he loves you, too.” She turned towards Lawrence. “Oooh! An English Wolf! Someone’s fancy aren’t they, Didi?”

She nudged Lawrence. “Got any british wolf friends who are single?”

“No, but I’ll look into it.” Lawrence ruffled her hair.

“Mom and Dad won't like the fact that you’re mates are Russian and English wolves.” Dalaja warned.

“We know. That’s why when they meet the,  we'll explain that we love their son and daughter.” Yvette kissed Alistair’s cheek. “I’m sure they’ll have to understand then.”

“Shona,” he stroked her cheek, “not everyone is as understanding as you are.”

“Why not?” Yvette asked, tilting her head.

“Because people are different, Yvette.” Ayame sighed. “Especially my parents…”

“You’re making it seem like your parents are monsters. They aren’t that bad... are they?” Lawrence chuckled, holding Ayame close.

“When it comes to our mating partners, yes, they are.” All three sibilings replied.

“Well, we’ll never know unless we meet them!” Yvette declared, holding Alistair’s hand as the group marched down the hallway.

“Yvette, look I don’t think it’s a good idea if you-” Before Dalaja could finish, she felt herself bump into someone.

Heat filled her body as her mind quickly replayed the events from her dream. She looked up, her hazel eyes locking with his black ones. She was speechless. Last night she couldn’t see him, but now that he was a mere few feet in front of her. She could say with full honesty… “You’re… wow…” She uttered breathlessly.

“You’re not too bad yourself, little one.” He smiled softly. Those two simple words… little one… made her body melt like butter on a hot summer day.

She smiled, laughing like a little school girl as she played with her hair. “Hi…”

“Awe,” Ayame pinched her cheeks, “wanna tell me who this is, Dalaja?”

“U-Um… I-I-I don’t know…” She muttered, looking down at her feet.

“I know it’s only been 24 hours, but surely you couldn’t forget me, have you little one?” The wolf questioned, lifting up her chin.

His touch sent a warmth spread through her body beyond Dalaja’s control. She mewled softly. “Y-you never told me your name.”

“Correct you are, little one.” He kissed her hand. “I’m Valentin Volkov. Who might you be?”

“I’m… uh…” Dalaja’s mind went blank, trying to form out some words to make sense of the situation.

“Her name is Dalaja,” Alistair snatched her hand away from Valentin, “and she doesn’t need some Russian Wolf snooping around in her business.” He poked on his chest. “Why don’t you run along and hack another election or something.”

Yvette and Valentin both glared at him. Valentin looked as if he were about to strike him, but Yvette shook her head, walking off. Realizing his mistake, Alistair cursed himself for even uttering his previous words.

“Yvette, wait!” Alistair called, chasing after her.

“We’ll leave you two be.” Ayame winked, walking off with Lawrence.

Valentin stroked Dalaja’s cheek. “I’ll see you later, little one.” He whispered in her ear, his fingers tracing down her neck like he did the night before.

As Valentin walked off, Dalaja leaned against the wall for support. She looked up and smiled. “Thank you for bringing him to me, Moon Goddess.”

◥✥◤

Kirkland paced back and forth in his cage, growling occasionally at Medusa as she sat in front of his box, watching and recording his movements.

“What happened to you, Kirkland?” She questioned, shutting her notebook.

“I know you didn’t want to hurt the pack. Those witches… they made you, didn’t they?” Medusa asked, sitting up against the plexiglass box.

Kirkland grunted softly, allowing Medusa to get her answer. “I see…” She muttered, writing it down in her notebook.

“You weren’t always like this were you, Kirkland?” She asked, turning towards the black wolf.

He looked away from her, gumbling something under his breath.

“This isn’t the real you. All the one night stands, all the hookups, all the strip clubs, all the lies… I know it isn’t you.” Medusa placed her hand on the box. “I promise you I’m gonna fix you.”

Kirkland whimpered, his eyes flashing a calm brown for a moment before fading back into black. She sighed. “I can you both of you in there.” She pressed her lips together. “You and the wolf are both trapped… we just need to find the key that unlocks the cage…”

She tapped her pen on her lips, thinking of possible answers to her question.

Meanwhile, Piper stretched and yawned as she rose from her bed. A sudden chill overtook her. She quickly scrambled for her hoodie, bringing it out from inside her suitcase and swiftly putting it on.

She sighed in delightly. The hoodie was given to her by Kirkland, and she wore it on cold days/nights like these. She put her hair up into a loose ponytail, deciding to walk outside her room to see the compound.

Suddenly, the smell of ventier and lemon made her stop in her tracks. The smell she longed for since the night she left was not far off. She could barely contain her and her wolf’s excitement.

“He’s here! He’s here!” Her wolf cheered as Piper sprinted down the hallway, tracking the beautiful scent to the basement.

Almost tripping on the steps, Piper stopped at the doorway of the observation room to reveal Kirkland and Medusa. The world stopped momentarily for the two of them. It was as though nothing existed and it was only Kirkland and Piper in that one moment.

Tears began to drip down her rosy cheeks and she ran over to the box. “Kirkland!!” She sobbed, wrapping her arms around the box as much as she could. “What are you doing here?! Why are you here? Are you hurt? Did they experiment on you?!” She glared at Medusa. “Cause if you touched him you’re a dead bitch! I’ll show you what we Aussies do to bitches who mess with their mates back in Australia!”

The black wolf shook his head, his eyes flashing from hazel to red as the human half tried to take control. Kirkland growled, stepping away from Piper and throwing himself against the wall of the box.

“Kirkland! Stop that!” Piper pleaded, her voice falling on death ears.

The wolf growled hard, rolling around in the box as it groaned and whined, fighting an inner battle.

Kirkland watched desperately as Piper’s eyes filled with tears. “We’re busting out of here!” Kirkland declared, trying to win the inner struggle with his outer half.

After multiple bashings, the wolf dropped limp to the floor, twitching slightly as pain radiated across his body. Piper knocked on the box glass. “Hi…” She whispered, her voice sounding filtered through the glass.

Kirkland’s hazel eyes beamed with excitement as he ran up to Piper, scratching at the plexiglass that separated them. He whimpered, rubbing his face up against the part of the glass Piper was at. “Don’t worry. You’ll be out in a minute.” Piper assured him, turning to Medusa. “Right, doc?”

“Actually, no,” Medusa walked up to Kirkland, scanning him with her tablet. “Although it looks like the traces of the virus lowered drastically!”

“Wh-What? How?” Piper looked at the tablet.

“Endorphins!” Medusa shouted, writing it down in her notebook. “It makes perfect sense!”

“Mind explaining it to us normal people?” Piper sweatdropped.

“The Fury Virus is one that attacks the brain to bring constant anger onto the host. The moment you walked in the endorphins levels in his brain skyrocketed to the point where they’re keeping the virus at bay!” Medusa explained, examining Piper and Kirkland together. “To put it simply, the moment you arrived his brain was filled with endorphins from happy memories of the two of you, and it's keeping the virus at bay!”

Kirkland continued to scratch at the wall, causing Piper to whimper slightly. “Medusa, can you please release him?”

“No, but I can let you in.” Medusa tapped the keypad on the wall, letting Piper enter the box. 

Piper ran up to the wolf, wrapping her arms around his neck. “Never. Leave. Me. Again.” She ordered. Kirkland chuckled and licked her face.

“Never again…” He communicated telepathically, licking the tears away. “This time, I’m here to stay.”

~A/N~

WHY HELLO THERE!! So, now we're really starting to see things unfold! Especially with out new characters! Isn't it nice to see things coming together?

Especially with Kirkland and Piper! Those two are so cute!! Its nice seeing the good side of Kirkland.

So, what did y'all think about Dayo and Dechen? Cute no? Imagine seeing a scene like that on the big screen!

Oh! What about Salvador and Kalypso? I love how Kalypso was denying it for a hot minute but Sal quickly called her out on her BS 🤣🤣

Oooh what about Valentin and Dalaja? I know there's an age gap bit it's like 3 years so it isn't that bad. I love the whole "little one" nickname. Its adorable!

And we can't forgot about Medusa experiment with the Julio wolf! Don't worry. That's gonna come in real soon. Oh it's gonna be great!

Also, do you think my writing had "emotion" in it? Cause some ppl says it doesn't have emotions.

Anyways, I think it has emotions but that's just me. I'll see y'all on Monday! Have a great weekend!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro