[38]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Meera shook her head in utter disappointment as she watched Pihu from walking here and there in the room. She patted her thighs and got up to grab her wrist.

"Come on! You can't hesitate this much for just one call," she told her.

Pihu twitched her lips but sat on the bed with her, looking at the floor in extreme worry. "I am not hesitating. I am just so nervous. I don't want her to hate me. I had seen the way she had gotten offended by Mom's words that day. She had confessed that she don't want Sakshi to suffer heartbreaks anymore."

She looked back at Meera and nodded. "Mommy was only saying something genuine but Sakshi looked troubled."

Meera rolled her eyes frustratingly. "That's because she truly was betrayed by Shrey. It was her first love. I don't understand why you are so tensed, Pihu. Nakul said that Sakshi has denied. . ."

Pihu shook her head at her. "Even he knows that she is lying. Obviously, she won't tell him anything this time. He is her brother's best friend for God's sake. Sakshi is playing safe."

Meera sighed heavily. "What can I do for you? Just tell me. You have your function within two days. I can't see you this tensed over some another topic."

Pihu blinked slowly and remembered that Sakshi had called her few hours ago. Being in school, she couldn't talk. "I am thinking about calling her back and ask directly if she is in link with Shrey. If you are saying, his court date is day after tomorrow. This is the best time to confront her. Who knows if she is secretly going to the court or something."

Meera laughed in disbelief. "Pihu, you are being crazy," she teased.

Pihu shook her head and gave her a serious look. "It's not me who is crazy, Meera. It's her. You hadn't seen her face when she told me that she still couldn't get over Shrey. She is just like her brother. In every sense. The blood that runs in their veins. I remember what Raghav had done to me those days."

She looked back at the floor, remembering the time. "He knew everything about me even when he was in Chandigarh and I was living in Delhi. Here, Sakshi is in the same city as Shrey's. It's been four years. It's impossible for her to not get even a single flying rumour about him."

Meera gave her a tight smile. She squeezed her hand and nodded, "Look. I understand. I really understand, Pihu. But Nakul has asked Sakshi. Even if she is lying, she is in control. She is not doing anything that can break Raghav's trust on her. She knows the relations between Rathores and Malhotras."

Pihu clicked her tongue. "Love is above all, Meera. I couldn't save her then. I knew everything and couldn't stop her from falling for Shrey. It had ended up Raghav throwing me out. He was hurt," she gulped. "I can't hurt him again. I will have to check on Sakshi."

A long breath escaped Meera as she stared at her. "Fine," she said. Picking Pihu's phone from the bed, she handed it to her. "Ask her."

Nervousness spread all over Pihu's face. She looked at the phone. "What if she gets angry at me? Mom is forcing her over Kabir. Here, I will be poking Shrey's issue. What if she is innocent?"

Meera widened her eyes in disbelief. "I swear, you are getting crazy, Pihu. Seconds before you confessed that she is her brother's sister. Remember? Either doubt her or leave the whole issue. But see, you are all tensed. Now, call her and get it over with."

Pihu hesitantly lowered her eyes and stared at the phone.

"Come on," groaned Meera.

Gulping slightly, Pihu finally unlocked the phone and opened the logs. Tapping on her name, she pasted the phone on her ear, glancing at Meera who was nodding encouragingly.

The bell kept ringing until someone finally picked up. Pihu could feel her heartbeats rising.

"Bhabhi."

Pihu smiled nervously. "Finally, you picked up." She could hear the brief silence that followed.

"I am sorry, Bhabhi. I really am. You know how worked up I was when I left home. Bhai surely had told me that everything was at place. But I still wasn't ready for any other discussion about any topic."

Pihu closed her eyes, feeling a little hurt. "I just wanted to know if you are fine. . ."

She could hear the guilt in her voice as she spoke, "I am really sorry, Bhabhi. I didn't mean to ignore you or anything. You know that I love you. Right?"

Pihu breathed slowly, thinking if she should really start taking Shrey's name in the conversation.

"I know," she said slowly. "Anyways, tell me about University. How's everyone?"

Sakshi laughed slowly. "Everyone's great here. Um, shall I tell you a little secret?"

Pihu smiled while saying, "What it might be?"

"Aditi and Aarush have become a thing."

Pihu's eyebrows raised in surprise. Seeing her expressions, Meera's curiousity risen. She looked pleadingly at her friend, telling her to turn on the speaker.

Pihu did as she told while replying, "Wow! That's amazing."

Sakshi's giggle echoed in the room while both the ladies exchanged a glance.

"Your brother would be not be so happy. He likes Aarush, I have noticed," exclaimed Pihu with a smile earning a laughter from Sakshi.

"I know, bhabhi. But you know how things go. Right? With all that fate and destiny. My stars speak for someone else's."

Pihu looked at Meera who nodded encouragingly, actioning that this was the time.

"Kabir?"

Sakshi let a scoff. "Um, Bhabhi. Come on, don't behave like you don't know. I had told you before leaving Chandigarh. Didn't I?"

"Sakshi," Pihu spoke slowly. "You know that there are other perfect men in line for you. Life gives us many chances. I thought that you had taken his name to end Kabir's scene."

Sakshi immediately replied, "No. I didn't just tell you about my feelings to stop that Kabir nuisance. It is the truth, Bhabhi. I still can't forget him."

Meera widened her eyes and shook her head in disbelief.

"These days, my feelings are on top. I don't think I can even stop dreaming about him ever."

Pihu's mouth opened in shock as she stared at Meera. She nodded at her to continue the conversation. So she did.

"Why? Seeing Aarush and Aditi together?" asked Pihu.

Sakshi breathed slowly. "Um, not exactly. Actually, I had seen him days ago. . ."

Meera mouthed oh my God at Pihu, increasing the anxiety in her. She immediately responded, "What? You met Shrey. Sakshi, how? Did you call him or something? Do you even know that there is this case going on? He is under law's eye. He might be a . . ."

"A rapist."

Both of them were stunned. Pihu couldn't believe when Sakshi further spoke, "I know everything about him, Bhabhi. I am sorry. I couldn't tell you everything since tai ji had irritated me to the core, singing that Kabir's praises. Also, I know you will start to get worried. . ."

"I am worried, Sakshi." Pihu's voice shook in nervousness. "Don't you know that this is all wrong? He betrayed you. He broke your heart. That wasn't love what he showed you those days. That was all fraud. He was using you. He's not a good man."

Silence followed.

Pihu kept blinking rapidly, waiting to hear something that could rest her heart. But Sakshi had said something that could bring a crisis in the family.

"You don't know anything, bhabhi. I know. He has told me everything. He is innocent and he is going to be free of the case for real. I am hiding anything from you now, because of all you will understand me."

Pihu held her forehead, trying to think of something that could change the girl's heart. But nothing was coming in her mind except for the pleadings.

"Sakshi, even if he is innocent. You know that he had hurt you. Raghav hates him. Rishabh hates all of us. There is no future with him," she said worriedly.

Meera bit her lip in suspense when Sakshi replied, "Future will form once we start to make our present. Right now, I am getting ready. We are meeting and I am going to wish him all luck."

Pihu could feel her heart drowning deep in sorrow. "What? How can you say that so easily to me? He is a fraud. He lied to you. Don't you know what he and his brother had planned for me? They tried to broke my marriage. How could you associate with a man who was involved in breaking my future?"

Meera nodded at Pihu, squeezed her shoulder when she saw a glint of hurt in those light brown eyes.

"He is not what you think he is, Bhabhi. He was in a bad company. Rishabh manipulated him. He isn't the same as his brother. He is different and I love him. People change when they get lesson. Shrey has been framed and he is now regretting hurting me. He is ashamed and he has said that to me."

Meera flared her nostrils angrily.

Pihu wiped the sweat off her forehead as she breathed hard and tried to make something out of the conversation.

"Sakshi, you are not being yourself. You aren't the girl I have seen growing up. Are you even aware of his true intentions? Does he love you? Did he ever tell you that? How can you be so ready to make link with him again when you know he is anything but trouble? It will break our home."

Sakshi didn't speak for a moment and Pihu knew that her words had made an impact. She further mentioned, "Kabir or his family haven't approached us since the day your brother gave them the answer. They are waiting for you to get done with your studies and give an answer for the marriage proposal."

She still didn't hear her response and continued, "I have met Kabir personally. He is a gentleman, Sakshi. Even if you don't like him, there are many other guys. Raghav truly expects more from you. He will be way too hurt if he gets to know that you are being involved with Shrey."

"Bhabhi, what of the love I so believe in if I don't support him when he needs me? He truly needs me, Bhabhi. I am not doing anything that can hurt you or our family. I know my limits. What I don't know is if I would ever step back from this path I am walking on?"

Pihu closed her eyes in extreme tension. "You will have to step back, Sakshi. You don't know if he loves you."

Meera bit her lip, waiting for the response and her eyes widened when they heard.

"He will have to."

Pihu looked at her friend blankly. "What if I tell your brother everything, Sakshi? You know what had happened the last time I hid things from him to save you. I won't repeat the same mistake."

"I am not afraid of him, Bhabhi. I know he will support me."

Meets scoffed silently and stopped moving when Pihu asked, "What if he won't support you? What will you do then?"

"I will tell him that he is my biggest inspiration."

________

Folding his cuffs, Shrey took the support of his car. He checked the time and looked around, noticed how the evening had started to darken. Sakshi had been ten minutes late.

He twitched his lips, thinking that this could be the last time meeting her. Day after tomorrow, anything could happen. He could be forever in jail, he could be sentenced to death.

He closed his eyes immediately.

Even a slight thought about losing the case would make him shudder. His heart wasn't at rest and at this moment, he wanted nothing but to meet a selfless soul. A person who could make him value his own life, his own presence. A person who valued him more than anyone.

His eyes moved up just as he heard the footsteps. A smile stretched his blushed lips when he caught her walking towards him. Hair down, chin up—he loved seeing her all lively and confident.

But a little glint of worry in her eyes had reminded him the purpose of their meet. He couldn't believe his own voice that cracked up. He was close to get an anxiety attack. And just like an angel, she came in his mind.

Only seconds had passed that she smiled at reaching him. He could already feel his heart getting light. Before he could even compliment how pretty she looked with her hair in a high pony, he noticed the bandaid on her forehead.

"What did you do?" He couldn't stop asking while looking there.

He saw her smiling shyly. "I slipped on the stairs. I hurt my elbow too." She showed him her arm and said, "See, all swollen."

Shrey breathed heavily, observing the redness around her elbow. "You need to be careful. Staying far away from family. You can't get hurt. Did you put something on it?"

Sakshi nodded with a smile. "Aditi did."

Shrey nodded quietly and looked around, noticing that it had darken all around except for the street lights. "Do you wanna go to some park?"

Sakshi noticed the sudden tension on his face and nodded. "I know the nearest one."

Shrey opened the door for her, gave her a tight smile when she appreciated the gesture. Closing the door, he walked around and sat himself, asking her directions.

Reaching the park, they got out of the car. To Sakshi, Shrey seemed quiet comfortable at seeing not much rush at the place. They were walking slowly and quietly.

It was a peaceful moment until Shrey said, "Thanks for coming."

Whether it was a dream or the reality, he couldn't understand. He felt her hand grabbing his. She looked up at him, "You don't have to thank me. You would have done the same. Haven't you?"

Shrey's face fell just as a brief memory flashed in his eyes.

_

The phone beeped all of sudden. Getting comfortable on the sofa, he picked up the phone, unlocking it. Seeing her name on the screen brought a smirk on his face.

"Who is it?" asked Rishabh while checking his files on the table sitting on the other couch.

Shrey watched the TV while scoffing mildly. "Rathore's sister."

Rishabh's ear perked up immediately. "What happened?" He smiled cheekily, waiting for a good news.

Shrey hummed lazily, smirking at the TV. "I broke the rumour around her friends how she is a desperate bitch and had been fucking her brother's best friend. I myself turned up with one of her friends at this cafe she usually goes to and it didn't go well."

Rishabh's eyebrows raised in curiosity.

"She walked out of the cafe all sobbing. Moments ago, I got a call from her ex-friend. She was bullied by her classmates today. They called her names and all that shit, kids do."

Rishabh smirked while nodding proudly. "I am sure, this will stun the brother. Pihu will be alone and I will get the right time to approach her." He looked back at Shrey, nodding again. "I did the right thing, involving you in the plan."

Shrey gave him a blank look. "I want that car for sure."

Rishabh rolled his eyes. "Yeah, Yeah. . ."

All of a sudden, Shrey's phone rang and he looked at his brother. "It's her."

Rishabh smiled goofily, "Talk to her."

Shrey nodded and received the call. Before he could even speak, he heard loud sobs on the phone.

". . . I never knew you would do this to me. You ruined everything."

Shrey opened his mouth to reply but Sakshi kept crying and telling, "Your fake rumours, your disgusting acts. Do you even know what happened today, Shrey? I hope you are happy to know that my own friends bullied me. I have been called slut when all I have done is gave you my heart."

Shrey's jaws clenched as Rishabh scoffed silently at her words.

"What is even my fault? If you don't like me, then why would you ever approach me? You told me you love me. Didn't you? I loved you, Shrey. Where did I go wrong? I bunked classes for you. I lied to my own family for you. I don't understand what I did to make you do this. Why are you hating on me?"

Shrey breathed heavily when she finally silenced. "I got to know how much stupid you are. Don't act like you weren't ready to lose your virginity to me. It is kind of me to leave it to that. Or I can do worse. And I would if you don't hang up and mind your own business. You getting bullied is none of my worries."

"Shrey. . . Please." She sobbed hard. "We can talk. I will meet you at our place and we will sort it out. My classmates treat me like I am some prostitute. They talk dirty and the girls, they have started to target me. It's not okay. I cannot even tell me brother about this. . ."

"Why?" Shrey asked furiously. "Because he would know what you were doing all this time, behind his back. This is on your own, Sakshi. I don't know you anymore. I swear I will do worse if you call me agan. Fuck off," he muttered through gritted teeth and cut the call before he could hear her response.

He threw the phone on the couch and breathed hard, not liking the feeling of guilt that had started to conquer his heart. He didn't know if he was really happy hurting an innocent girl for no reason.

"That was intense," commented Rishabh while collecting his files.

Shrey didn't like how his brother behaved so heartlessly. "That wasn't fair." He muttered, looking back at the TV. "I mean, you have suffered the heartbreak. Of all, you must know how she should be feeling. But pardon me, Rishabh Malhotra has gotten over the whole 'love' thing and only 'revenge' is on his mind."

He was expecting an explanation from his cousin, thinking that he was helping him for good. But the feeling of guilt took over his whole heart when Rishabh got up from the sofa and smirked casually.

"You got it right, brother."

______

"What do you think?"

The next update will be tomorrow. I will slowly make it up to you guys for the whole delay that happened. I am highly grateful and know that I am back. I am going to concentrate on the storylines, dissolve myself in the stories and write my best.

Will update other books too one by one.

Thank you❤

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro