4. Toni and Austin

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Character A is desperate to find a particular item (book/toy/etc.) as a present for someone, but it's been sold out everywhere. Character B helps.

Toni rushes into the game store it's two days until Christmas, she can't believe she's been this stupid.
     But it's not her fault, Christmas totally snuck up on her, last week it was November, and the week before it was October, she swears. Christmas is not in two days time.
     Christmas is in two days time, that's why Toni's rushing around and fighting traffic, all for a stupid video game.
     "Hi, can I help you?" One of the employees asked her.
     "Oh my gosh, yes," she quickly reads his name badge, "Austin, thank you. Um, I need a game."
     He chuckles, "Well you're in the right place."
     "No," she laughs too, "I need a particular game, but it seems to be sold out everywhere because I'm a moron who waited until two days till Christmas."
     "You're not a moron, we get a lot of this. What's the game? I can look it up for you."
     "Um, Call of Duty," she smiles sheepishly.
     "Which one?"
     He-r face drops, "There's more than one?"
     "Yeah, there's a lot of them," he chuckles.
     "Then the newest one?"
     "Sold out I'm afraid."
     "Damn it, it's all my boyfriend wants for Christmas, and he's impossible to shop for," she runs a hand through her long blonde hair. "It's sold out everywhere."
     "You can purchase games online too," Austin explains.
     "Online's sold out too," Tony tells him.
     He frowns, "How, Steam and Origin are online services, you can buy the game, it's just not a hard copy."
     "Can you do that on PlayStation?"
     "Yeah, PlayStation Store," Austin smiles.
     "Oh, that's cool, didn't know that. But I still kinda want to give him something."
     "We could find another game he might like."
     "Do you play Call of Duty? Can you make any suggestions?"
     "I don't play much Call of Duty, I prefer Halo, but that's Xbox exclusive. Do you know what other games he has?"
     "Shooting games. I only ever see him shooting stuff. But just tell me what you like, I'll get one of those. I feel like I can trust your opinion, you know what's popular," she nods.
     "Well personally, I love just about anything Nintendo puts out, you know Mario?"
     "Yes, I've heard of him!"
     "Anything with Mario is super popular, co-op, shooter games, racer games, even a board game set up."
     "So I could play this with him?"
     He nods, "You sure could."
     "Awesome I'll get one of those, but you can pick, please, I still don't really know what I'm getting," she chuckles.
     "All good," Austin smiles, "Mario party coming right up, I'll meet you at the tills."
     "Thank you so much," she glances at his name badge again, "Austin."
     "You're very welcome, and I'll give you a gift exchange receipt too just in case," he pauses.
     "Yes please, oh and I'm Toni, not that you'll remember, because I'm like one of 1000 customers you've helped this week."
     He smiles, "I think I'll remember."

The Day After Christmas.

Toni walks back into the game store, it's still busy, they have a sale, but not as busy as the days leading up to Christmas. She is able to get to the tills quickly.
     "Hi Toni," Austin grins.
     This makes her smile, not fully, but it felt nice. "You remembered."
     "Of course I did. How was your Christmas?"
     She shrugs, "I've had better."
     "Oh no, what about your boyfriend? Did he like the game?" he asks.
     She sighs and holds up a little paper bag, "It's a good thing you gave me the gift exchange."
     "Really? Mario is the best," Austin speaks with disbelief.
     "Well I thought it sounded fun too, but..." she trails off.
     "So did he tell you what else he might like, so you could swap this for that?" He questions.
     "Oh, no, I'm returning this because I broke up with him after he told me that he plays video games so that he didn't have to spend time with me. Can I get store credit please, my best friend's birthday is in May, I'll use it on her then."
     "I'm sorry to hear that, but, um, of course I'll do store credit, but if you really want to refund, I could do it."
     She gives him a small smile, "I read the refund policy and I refuse to be a bitch about it."
     He smiles back, "Well if you insist," he lets out a slight chuckle.
     "I was kind of looking forward to playing it, but I don't own a PlayStation, so," she shrugs as he processes the return.
     "I hope I'm not overstepping the boundary, but your boyfriend was an idiot," he doesn't look up from his task.
     "Ex-boyfriend. Do you have the Mario game?" She raises an eyebrow.
     "All of them," he nods, handing her, her store credit.
     "Cool," Toni takes her credit and reaches across to grab a square of paper from behind the till.      Austin watches her curiously. "Pen?"
     He hands her one.
     She writes on the paper and hands it back to him. "I'm expecting an invite to play sometime."
     He chuckles as he looks down at the paper, it's her name and number. He looks up, but she's gone.
     Austin smiles to himself.

A/N: Moving on too quick?? Eh, who cares it's a short story XD

I hope you enjoyed the story (day 4 on day 11, I'm really not doing so well :P) Please vote and comment, it truly makes my day :)

Hannah :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro