Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The Walrus sunk before I could rescue any of Flint's men or my father. The Queen Annes Revenge floated alongside us. "Get the Governor's ships to follow you," I yelled as my boat sailed in between the Governor's ships and the longboats, I offered as much cover as I could, Flint offered me a nod but I ignored him. Even though I didn't like the man I was willing to save him from the English forces. Blackbeard had two ships follow him, while we destroyed the other two firing the horse-headed canons at them. We followed alongside the longboats continuing to hide them from view, we followed them all the way to the shore but floated a little way from the shallows, they were safe under our protection. Flint and his men made their way to the old church ruin on the hill. 

We stayed guarding them on the ship, our canons ready to fire. My men lined the side of the ships ready to fire if the English even dared to fire at us again. "Just to think you could be reunited with your father tomorrow," my Quartermaster said.

"If he survived I didn't see him surface," I replied.

"He's strong he will," he said to me.

"Besides what do I say? Thank you for abandoning me on an island?" I inquired.

"Just think if he hadn't abandoned you, you wouldn't have found us," he reminded me. I gave him a nod.

"Go get some rest," I said.

"Yes captain," he nodded. Morning came, and I was already in the belly of the ship preparing the horses, a few men came down and took over while I took the ship closer to the shore. The ship rested gently on the sand, and the ramp was lowered, the horses were led off the boat and handed out to the crew. I was the last off galloping down the ramp on my Friesian stallion. We thundered towards the ruin of a church on the hill, we could see figures in the windows.

We created a cloud of dust around us, drawing attention no doubt. We galloped to the small ruin, our horse's neighing and bucking in excitement, we made it up the hill as careful as we could. There was some movement at the ruin they looked like panicked ants, they walked out the entrance and waited for us to approach. We slowed the horses down to a walk they were foaming at the mouth and we were hot too, the breeze that was strong and blew towards us didn't cool us or the horses.

"Do you think he will recognize me?" I asked turning to my Quartermaster.

"Every parent recognizes their child," he said as he shifted in the saddle, in no time we were at the ruin I halted in the middle at the entrance, everyone looked around at us confusion painting their features, but one man emerged and limped towards me he took my horses reins, stroked the horse's neck and looked up at me.

"I am glad to see you," Silver smiled.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro