Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Luka isn't speaking to me right now.

Maybe it's for the best. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to become friends with him again. It might be better off if I don't like him at all than like him too much.

He's being too secretive. He won't tell me why he's here but I'm not telling him much either.

Maybe the world is safer with me sitting behind a cell. Maybe it's safer if Luka hates me. It's safer for everyone.

I never wanted to hurt the only person who never hurt me.

Luka sits in the corner with his face in his palms. I get up to go apologize to him.

"Luka I'm-"

The door bursts open.

"HANDS UP! MOUTHS SHUT! AND DON'T MOVE OR ELSE WE'LL SHOOT!" The room began to fill with soldiers. Pointing guns at both me and Luka.

I freeze in place. Someone slammed the butt of their gun into my back. Causing me to fall on the floor.

Luka is yelling about something.

"WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT KEEPING YOUR MOUTH SHUT!?" A soldier yells.

I squint and see the barrel on someone's gun two inches away from Luka's face.

"GET UP!" A soldier yells at me and kicks me in the rib. "I SAID GET UP!!" He continues to kick me in the rib repeatedly.

Get up, Marinette. Get up! If you don't they'll shoot Luka!

I get up on my knees and stumble towards the nearest wall for support. I rest my arm on my stomach and choke on blood that's been caught in my throat.

That's why they put Luka in here. They've finally come to kill me. 17 years is my limit and now it's my time to go. They're coming to kill me.

I've always wondered how I would die. I wonder if this will make people happy.

Someone's laughing. "Well aren't you a little shit, huh?"

I don't know if they're talking to me, nor do I care if they are. I'm more worried about Luka.

"She's not even crying." Someone adds.

I hope they kill me soon.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro