Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"No," I hear myself say. "You're not supposed to be here."

She's sitting on my bed. She's leaning back on her elbows, legs outstretched in front of her, crossed at the ankles. And while some part of me understands I must be dreaming, there's another, overwhelmingly dominant part of me that refuses to accept this. Part of me wants to believe she's really here, inches away from me. But everything about her looks different, oddly vibrant; the colors are all wrong. Her lips are a richer, deeper shade of pink; her eyes seem wider, darker. She's wearing shoes I know she'd never wear. And strangest of all: she's smiling at me.

"Hi," she whispers.

It's just one word, but my heart is already racing. I'm inching away from her, stumbling back and nearly slamming my skull against the headboard, when I realize my shoulder is no longer wounded. I look down at myself. My arms are both fully functional.

She shifts positions in an instant and her words are so soft. "Kiss me," she says.

"Marinette-"

"I came all the way here." She's still smiling at me. It's a rare smile, the kind she's never honored me with. But somehow, right now, she's mine.

I don't want to.

Her hands are tugging at my shirt. She leans forward and kisses my neck, just once. My eyes fall closed.

There aren't enough words in this world to describe what I'm feeling.

Every nerve ending in my body is awake. I've never felt so alive or so desperate in my life, and I'm sure if she could hear what I'm thinking right now, she'd run out the door and never come back.

Because I want her.

Now.

Here.

Everywhere.

I want nothing between us.

I can't remember a reason why this can't be right or real. I can't focus on anything as she's staring into my eyes like she might really love me.

I wonder if I've actually died.

But just as I lean in, she leans back, grinning before reaching behind her, never once breaking eye contact with me. "Don't worry," she whispers. "It's almost over now."

Her words seem so strange, so familiar. "What do you mean?"

"Just a little longer and I'll leave."

"No." I'm blinking fast, reaching for her. "No, don't go-where are you going-"

"You'll be alright," she says. "I promise."

"No-"

But now she's holding a gun.

And pointing it at my heart.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro