♥19♥

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The chandelier was beaming brightly above all of us like a big artificial sun. And if I am right, I think, it's extra bright on me just like the sun, this morning. I stand by the corner with a drink in my hand which was filled by own hands from the tap. Yes, I am drinking tap water since the turn of events has blessed me with the ability to lose trust in pretty much everything; so, I don't want anyone to drug and kidnap me. Don't judge me! Ugh! Feeling agitated with the tightness of my dress, I sigh one too many times.

Oh... did I say that?

My plan to wear my comfy clothes didn't work. I was forced to wear this white gown and look presentable in the party. Every man's eyes were glued to me. And that just made me feel like a freshly caught fish on display in the smelliest fish market. Huh! I have a beautiful sense of humor.

Tiffany and Evelyn were standing not too far away from me, dressed in something formal and fancy just like me. Every once in a while, they eye me and me, eye them. Simon and Stephen were in their own crowd, keeping an eye on me. Sam was nowhere to be seen; as well as Tom.

My legs are feeling heavy by standing like a statue for so long. I make my way to the seats arranged in the corner of the hall and seated myself, 'elegantly' might I add. Those etiquette classes do come in handy at times. I do not want to look myself like a fool in front of all these sophisticated looking idiots. Oh, might I add... they were so gentlemanly since they presented me with too many gifts in different shapes and sizes. This must be the first time, where I am blessed with the graciousness of others. But, I have no idea why...I don't feel like clawing them to shreds and see what my birthday presents are. It is there somewhere piled into a mountain by Lisa.

My heart is ticking. My mind is plotting. My body is trembling.

It feels like something is about to happen. Also, I kind of feel like I am being watched by someone; in this party, there are people, in fact, lots of people that I don't have any idea about. They are not family friends or friends. I am sure. Then, who are they? They seem to have a projection on their belly which looks like everyone is carrying a gun. I have my pocket knife ready in my hand; just in case.

I was just sitting there, passing time, looking at the crowd to pass time because I am not allowed to go to my room. I asked Pete and Seb to come to the party since there is a party anyway and it's going to be rude if I didn't invite them.

As I was yawning, feeling quite bored, I saw Shaun making his way to my side with a genuine smile and a present in his hands. I smiled politely and got up from the seat and smiled again as I bought it from him. Lisa came from nowhere and collected if from me with a goofy smile. I didn't return the same goofiness. She vanished just like she came. I gestured him to sit and he did. I didn't except that. I thought he will ditch me, since, you know, we were not in that good terms.

"So..." I start since there is nothing better for me to do other than initiating the conversation because he was just sitting there staring at me.

"You are so distant to me... and I have no idea why?"

"Call it hormones," I said blatantly. He looked at me for a few minutes and then burst out laughing. He actually laughed so loud that a few of the nearby guests stopped their talking and looked at him amusedly. Shaun, unbothered by the attention, continued to laugh.

"It is the most amusing thing I have heard in a while, oh dear," Shaun exclaimed after trying to suppress his laughter.

"I don't see why you are laughing so much for that silly statement."

He sniffed and rubbed his nose with the back of his hands and said, "I don't know, maybe I was that desperate to just ease my mind. I just found that damn funny. Sorry, I didn't mean to make you... uncomfortable."

"No, no... it's fine." I smiled at him politely. He sniffed once again and then it was that kind of a suffocating silence again. His father made way through the crowd with Tom and smiled at me. I returned the gesture with a tight lip. To my utter surprise, the man just pulled me into a big hug and congratulated me with a wrist watch. I was amazed by the beauty of it. It glittered in the chandelier. I thanked him and once again, we were left in a stupid silence.

"The girl hosts a party when she herself detests parties."

"Oh Shaun, I didn't host this party. I wouldn't have done it. This was enforced upon me and this dress... it's suffocating me."

He laughed heartily. "I am glad that you are talking to me."

"And I will be glad if you tell me what you meant by a project that day." I can't let him see my guard falling down.

He was silent for a while. Then, he quickly looked at me and said,

"Come with me."

I looked at him. I wonder if he is playing a game or not. "Come with me, now." He said again.

And I did. I did go with him. He said a smooth lie and took me away in his car to someplace away. It was a cheap motel room and I was utterly surprised. I am sure he won't rape me since he will feel sorry for his sorry brain to even think that. When I reached inside, he looked at me with a confused look as if he was debating whether to do it or not. Secretly, only that you know, I was scared.

He took out his phone and typed something too fast and then showed it to me, "Remove all your clothes, accessories and wear the robe and the towel only. I have few sweats and shirts in my car, I will pick them. Trust me! I am not trying to take advantage of you." he smiled politely as I finished reading them.

I didn't wait for him to go out from my room since; I unzipped my dress and let it fall down. At first, his face lost all colors and he closed his eyes with his hands which sounded painful. I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior and slapped his head. He peaked out from his fingers and sighed when he saw me standing in jet black leggings and black sports bra. Then, I removed all my accessories including the watch and everything. Shaun removed his watch, a device from his shirt and phone, watch and all. Then, he took them to the bathroom; kept it there, closed the door and took me to the balcony.

I sat there, watching his confused look on the face. It looked as if he was having severe constipation.

"You don't have to do whatever you are planning to do if you don't wish to," I said plainly.

"No, I just feel like I should help you."

He remained silent for a while and then looked at me. "You have to trust me and don't feel like I am doing this to hurt you."

I simply looked at him. I won't trust anyone though my heart asks me to believe his soft eyes. What was he getting at?

He started his narration, starting from my mother.

"Evangeline was known to the entire underground world as a devil in Angel's disguise. She was scared by even the strongest of all. She was unbeatable. I have heard my mother talk about Eva with so much adoration and respect. My mother was rescued from a brothel only to be enslaved to my father. I have no idea what my father is but he is not someone that does the right jobs. He doesn't take me to places with him. But he sometimes assists me or appoints me to collect parcels.

"Tom came suddenly and became friends with my father. He was a complete stranger. Or that was what I believe. He simply had one demand; to get a map from Eva and my father was reluctant. But Tom was powerful enough to threaten my father's entire existence. And then, he associated with Tom and was ever since trying to get a hold on Eva but she is practically invisible.

"It was then Tom spoke to my father about you. He said, only you might know about her whereabouts and the map. So, Tom decided to be the good old family member for you and made your father, aunt and her children to be your foe. Or, that is how I understood from what your uncle spoke to my father. Tom is a very cunning man, but he loves you. My father is indeed behind the map since... he was assured twenty-five percent of the treasure.

"I was appointed for a mission; to befriend you and make you on my good side so that when something comes by, you will come to my aid. But Tom said to my father that you are exactly like the Eva he knows about. There is some sort of connection that no one knows about. You see, with your mom and Tom; I guess. Tom is no way related to you, as far as I know. How come you have called him your uncle all these time?"

Ok, this is all that Shaun knows about. I slowly recorded everything into my brain and processed what I have read in the letter. So, there is some sort of connection.

Where is Tom coming in all these? How did Tom start to be a part of the family? What...

I couldn't complete my rain of internal questionnaire since Shaun nudged me from the internal thoughts and asked me something. I didn't hear anything. Everything is pretty much like a hurricane. It is slowly destroying me. Shaun asked me something again and I am still unproductive.

"Are you ok?" Shaun's lips were moving.

"Huh?"

He slapped my head and smiled goofily. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah!" am I? I have no idea!

In the silent motel room's balcony, staring silently at the sky which was a bright shade of azure and white, with clouds jumping up and down like fluffy sheep's made me simply wonder, what would it be like to be the clouds. I just want to know, what it would feel like to be in peace, in silence, with no worries.

Alas! I am stuck in middle of a stunning orchestra filled typhoon and I need to survive this. I looked back at Shaun and wondered what he was even talking about this entire time. I am so confused, blank, I am so sad! I am...

"Lilly, I am so sorry!" He voiced loudly.

I could feel the pinprick of tears threatening to be traitorous. I swallowed it all and smiled a tight-lipped smile. "It's fine. What did you ask me?"

"How come you called Tom your uncle if he is not related to you?"

"I have no idea. I was said that Sam and Tom are brothers. Now, I don't even believe I am a Parker. It's all so... confusing. I need to find it all out!"

"I will help you. Trust me!"

Trust! A strong word! Just like hate; I didn't promise him anything but he just smiled in the gray formal shirt and black slacks looking quite attractive. A slow rumbling sound notified us something else than the calming silence. With scrunched brows, Shaun wondered what it was then he cursed and ran to the bathroom.

I was looking outside to the sky all the while. His presence was known to me and the posture. However, I was stuck in my own breeze; in my own world. I could hear Shaun's slow talk from the bathroom.

In a very fast paced French he said, "J'ai dit tout Ce que vous m'avez demandé; Je crois qu'elle me fait confiance maintenant." He paused for a while and then whisper yelled, "Je ne Sais pas à Ce sujet, mais ... écoutez-moi, je ne Suis pas un magicien ... j'ai essayé... yes, yes, I will come now."

Everyone has secrets. I smiled discreetly. "It was Tom, he asked me to take you back," he said.

"Oui, maintenant que vous m'avez raconté un prévisualisé, laissez-vous chez vous"

He looked startled and surprised at first. But then he smiled and said, "Je n'ai pas dit de mensonges, maintenant j'ai ... j'ai fait ce qu'il m'a demandé. Comme je l'ai dit, Tom est un homme rusé; Mais, croyez-moi ... si vous voulez"

Hihihi, so many secrets, so many twists, so many shipping to come... i am so excited. Please, tell me your opinions! :D

Shaun and Lilly??!!

Mysterious man and Lilly??!!

Seb and Lilly??!!

To those who don't know french: I don't know too, I wrote that with the help of google translate :)

- In a very fast paced French he said, "J'ai dit tout Ce que vous m'avez demandé; Je crois qu'elle me fait confiance maintenant." He paused for a while and then whisper yelled, "Je ne Sais pas à Ce sujet, mais ... écoutez-moi, je ne Suis pas un magicien ... j'ai essayé... yes, yes, I will come now." :  In a very fast-paced French, he said,  "I said What you asked me; I think she trusts me now." He paused for a while and then whisper-yelled, "I do not know about that, but... listen to me, I am not a magician... I tried."

- "Oui, maintenant que vous m'avez raconté un prévisualisé, laissez-vous chez vous" :  Yes, now that you've narrated me a previously written scripty, lets go home."

- He looked startled and surprised. But then he smiled and said, "Je n'ai pas dit de mensonges, maintenant j'ai ... j'ai fait ce qu'il m'a demandé. Comme je l'ai dit, Tom est un homme rusé; Mais, croyez-moi ... si vous voulez"I havent said any lies, now have I? Like I said; Tom is a very cunning man. Trsut me... if you want.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro