♥28♥

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The bullets weren't anything like we had seen in the movie. It was one big crash and then silence. Anyway, we were in Pete's room crouched down opposite to the bed.

Seb covered my not so tiny body in his frame while Stephen did the same on the other side. It was kind of awkward situation but I didn't mind. I have no idea where Pete ran off too.

My hands covered my ears in a very frightened way which my heart didn't approve. But, don't blame me... with all the heat and circus in the air, and with the wild confusion, silent threats and secrets to unravel, I was very much exhausted. I just wanted to be free from it all but I don't think that will happen soon.

After several minutes, Seb removed his hands from me and gestured me that he will go take a look. Stephen looked alarmed too.

But as soon as Seb was out from the room, he said, "Lily, don't trust anyone, please... either I must have been followed or..."

Pete rushed in not allowing me to listen what Stephen had to say. But Pete looked distressed and I didn't like the face.

"Stephen had been followed, there was a black unmarked car in the street opposite to the apartment and I don't think it was bullets. Whatever, we are not safe here anymore. We need to move. I will talk with the forces and let's see what we can do. I believe..."

Seb's wild call stopped Pete mid-sentence and he ran outside. We all did. Stephen held my hands strongly. Somehow I couldn't bring myself to trust him too.

Anyway, Seb was standing with a big rock, enough to fill in his palm and the other hand held a paper.

He looked at me and then stretched his hand which held the paper to me.

I was shocked to see the message in the crumbled paper. Although, my doubts surfaced and helped me relive the silent fear in my heart which overpowered the emotions in my face more than fear. I can understand the handwriting of my uncle even if I was drunk. It simply said, "I am waiting, pumpkin." The last endearment seemed like he wanted to make sure it was my uncle who was giving me the warning.

As if I didn't expect him to or didn't know about that.

I frustratingly ran my hands through the hair feeling utterly dejected.

Stephen colorfully cursed and I can't agree anymore.

I was immersed in a deep silence which unnerved me. Pete was on a phone call with his boss and he was talking about my safety and all. Stephen sat cross-legged and typed on his phone. Seb was, I don't know doing what in the kitchen, and I was sitting with the threat in hand which I was waiting for so long now. My other hand held the second clue.

Wow, how much more was there in the store? What does my mom want? Dammit, why does it have to be me?

Pete walked into the hall and sat down beside Stephen.

"I talked to the boss and he said we can shift her to someplace else with a change in identity and appearance. Or we can move her to a police cottage down the road but that will be risky and like a house arrest. So, Lily..."

"I don't want to be under house arrest. And I don't want to change my appearance. I love my hair very much." 

"Girls and their..." Pete muttered under her breath and then said, "It's not about your beauty..."

"I don't give a shit about my beauty. My hair is the only thing that let me be me and I am not ready to cut it down since I am scared sh*t of a bitch of a mother who didn't have the spine to face problems like a real woman and that fuc* Tom." I snapped releasing my anger. "I need a punching bag, now..." I think no one heard that part. I could feel the wildfire soaring through my veins doing a summersault. If I don't release this, I may break down this whole flat.

Seb walked in with a plate of sandwiches and cold coffee for everyone. He sat down next to me feeling my anger vibe and held my hands. Somehow that gesture was like taming my dragon into a chain. I sutured my lips really hard.

"I know a place and it's safe. It's a little east, down the road from GoldenBeach. It is a summer house that belonged to my family. It's been now used by my uncle who runs the Resort and Club in GoldenBeach. He will help me if I asked him but we can't tell him what predicament we are under. He won't take risks. We need to ditch everything here since we don't know how we are tapped. The place is well secluded from the rest of the place and it's strong. It's half an hour walk away from the lighthouse which years back was run by my grandfather. So..."

"It's perfect," Pete said hastily.

"Is there a gym down there?"

I wanted to know it. Stephen looked up from the phone and Stephen smiled.

"In Golden Beach Resort, you have everything you want. From the summerhouse, the resort is only a few meters away. We can walk and we will reach by thirty minutes. Nice place, it makes us feel as if we are walking through a forest." Seb said, having this distant look in his face which reminded me of admiration and nostalgia. This guy must love this place.

"Ok." I was barely heard.

Next few hours, we packed the essential and hailed a cab. I didn't forget to take the clues. Otherwise, I won't remember my mom shi* of an attempt in the poem. God, I hate my mom now with a passion.

Seb stopped midway and hailed another cab to the resort but stopped the car few meters away from the resort to an opposite direction and got us two different cabs. And send both cabs in different routes to the resort.

He and I hailed the same cab and he chose a longer route zigzagging through the city. The driver didn't look amused but when Seb shoved two twenty dollar bill into his hands, the driver started whistling. Interesting!

"I am sorry to be putting this into your head but I am not trusting Pete anymore."

This shocked me but should I say about it? Everything is shocking these days. Everything is a new shocking fact to my face. He was looking out when he said it, so; I didn't do the dramatic look into his eyes with the wide open saucer eyes. I am past all that drama now.

"This place... I lived there most of my life with my family. It was safe and sound and beautiful. That life was..." I heard a silent painful sigh.

I looked outside, taking in the picture. The people didn't look constipated as me, trying to trust or not to trust. The children ran freely. Dogs wagged their tails and hung their tongue down. Shops were bustling. Everything looked fine and in place whereas I was an eyesore that needed to be eliminated in this beautiful world.

"This summer house is safe and convenient. I will take you there but house Stephen and Pete in the resort. I will only know which summer house you are in. There are seven of them in total in a straight line and all those are my family' friends; they will protect you."

"Not even Stephen?"

"I trust him but I don't trust Pete. So from the town there, I will buy you a phone and a number which only will be known to me. So, when I take Pete and Stephen home, I will give miscall you and you have to come out and walk through the other houses and talk with people. I will distract and take them away soon. I don't want Pete to know where you live. But once I tell my people to you, no matter who comes, they will keep an eye on you."

"Can I trust you and your family?"

My question came out harsh and doubtfully but Seb didn't mind.

"Till my last breath" and he looked out to the sprinting images of trees while I listened to the mad whistling of the driver. 

Do you have any idea of the second clue? 

I wanted to introduce it here but thought against it! We are soon unfurling that to a tough one! :D

Whom do you trust now?

Can you trust Seb? 

Stephen?

Can we trust Seb and not Pete or vice versa?

What will happen in the beach house? Dun dun dun, you are in for many more dazzling surprizes! :D

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro