♥30♥

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hmm, I seriously wonder...

Last night, I couldn't sleep with all the excitement soaring through my body. But fear surpassed it all.

What will happen once I find the map? What will Tom do to me? Will I see mom?  

Most importantly, what will I do with the map; frightened me the most. 

All those questions built a tombstone in my head and I collapsed once again, even though I was lying on my fluffy pillows.

The cabin here on the cliff top was unbelievable. The slight breeze and the soothing waves was a pleasant change for me and I wish I was living a normal life here from the beginning. For the umpteenth time, I got up and looked through the window at the starlit sky and fresh moon; something magical radiating from the serene atmosphere. I stood there silently, taking it all in.

"Can't sleep?" Seb's voice flowed like a slow killing lava in the silent atmosphere and I felt hot all of a sudden. I turned around to see him in his black sweats and bed hair looking like Edward in the sunlight.

"No." I simply said. 

"I couldn't sleep with you tossing and turning here."

The room next door was an open room with no door just like mine. There was a shell curtain which was thick and heavy shielding the rooms from the rest of the house. Even though it was romantic, it didn't feel safe. The back door and the front door was solid metal which eased my mind a bit. But still, the bedroom should have a door. Apparently, we don't have that here.

There was something in the manner of these houses and atmosphere in here. Even though these seven houses in a straight line was looking identical and cabin like, I saw the pathway taking to the bar had many big stone houses by the road and into the corner through the winding road. 

I wonder the story behind this place. I have never heard of it before. Indeed, I have heard of the golden beach resort. But not heard about TownBeach; as this place was called. What surprised me more was that no one from outside was welcome here.

"You excited or nervous about tomorrow..." his sleepy question was, in fact, a statement, which he said as he bends to look outside. His face was literally gleaming in the moon.

"Are you a vampire?" 

If all these time he was looking like Droopy now he looked as if he was struck by lightning. His facial expression was too cute not to laugh. After a long while, I laughed freely, enjoying the feel of it in my lungs; the ring in my ears, and the bob in my throat. He scratched the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly.

"You look extra beautiful when you smile, but you look freaking gorgeous when you laugh." He said in a breath and I was now struck by a lightning mid laugh. I cleared my throat and said, "I am actually both about tomorrow." Clearly dodging his comments; I know.

"Don't be." he simply said.

"Don't you feel something when you saw me shirtless?" he asked me after a short pause and I forgot all that I was thinking until now.

I laughed so hard that I think I farted myself. Lucky me, he was too amused in my laughter to notice something like that.

What was he saying, oh yes, awkward and blushing like a spineless girl when seeing him shirtless, not me.

"No. why should I?"

"I thought it was pretty natural for girls to feel shy and umm you know... seeing a guy shirtless."

"I think you should be the one who should feel pink, to come in front of a girl like this."

"Says the girl standing in nothing but flimsy clothing, mind you, I wasn't looking though."

It then dawned on me that I was standing in my black night dress which was so transparent; he could see my hot pink undergarments. Even though my body was beating me for standing like this, but I stood as a rock to indicate that I give no rat's ass to be and do what I like.

However, in his intense stare, I sighed and went on to put on the thick woolen robe hanging on the dress stand next to my bed.

However, he just smiled and stood there watching me with his beautiful eyes. He was indeed handsome, no denying there. I came back and stood next to him by the window and looked down.

After a long pause, it dawned on me and I blurted it out before thinking twice. "I wish if my life wouldn't have turned out like this; then I would have happily proposed to you and settled my dream life." I didn't like to sugarcoat things.

I realized he had frozen. After several long excruciating minutes, he said, "And I thought girls were shy as fuck." I laughed humorlessly at that.

"I don't know about girls, but I like to be straight forward. I don't like sugarcoating things." I sighed.

I was never like this; I think living a hard life may change people for good. But I have no idea what good have life given me. What good do I have in me?

"You see, every girl has a dream although it may be different, she has a dream and she wishes and hopes and pray so hard in her early life... that it may happen: in an instant or it may happen in few years. So you see, from a young age, I hoped for a normal life when I grow up. Now that I have grown up, I am scared it didn't turn out as I wished and I am still living in the sick bubble."

I just felt like releasing my worries to someone. I do need to talk to real humans once in a while when the stars and moons won't answer me back. But all Seb did was remain silent and slowly he put an arm around me. He then slowly pulled me to him and hugged me.

Suddenly I felt calm, I felt safe and I felt loved. In so many years, I simply felt loved.

However, I don't remember when he took me to bed and how we both slept side by side, hugging closely like partners. After some time, I got up feeling a weight pressing me. I got up to see Seb's sculpted arms on my tummy making it hard for me to breathe.

I don't know what normal girls would feel; I felt something unexplainable; it wasn't pretty. I got up and walked to the other room and slept there.

In the morning I got up to the smell of something manly, something strong, and feeling dizzy. His perfume was so powerful on his bed.

Seb was having a cup of hot tea and smiled seeing me wrinkling my nose. He laughed when I got up and gagged. I looked at him questioningly and he said this, "I like to have my bed perfumed before going to bed. I am sorry that you had to wake up to that."

I have never heard something like this. If it was something gentle and earthy, I would have loved waking up to that but this was so strong and manly that it actually got me a headache.

"Thanks for a headache," I said groggily and walked out.

"Hey, it wasn't me who put you on my bed."

I didn't listen; I was already curled in my bed, with the blanket on me, inhaling his manly scent on my pillows. This time, it felt good. I think I smiled but it didn't last for long because Seb pulled the blankets off from me.

"No, kiddo, we have few miles to walk and we need too many hours to search, thus; you are not sleeping anymore." And then he shook me so hard shouting a very good morning; hence if there was any ghost of sleep in my eyes, it was there no more.

I pushed him and I fell on top of him. His smile was anything shocking or shy, so I rolled my eyes and got up.

Gosh! I am so angry and twitchy now. I want to get out of this mess soon. I do hate my mood swing so much.

Like he said, the walk was too long but since it was a pleasant morning, I loved the walked which really was interesting with Seb's company. He was happily telling me his childhood memories which were anything like mine. So, I was really walking a memory train.

By two hours end, I could see the pathway clearing of thorny and tiny shrubs, leading to fine grains of sand. By the time we had been cleared of the shrubs forest and reached the landing, I could see an enormous white stone lighthouse which was really a beautiful sight to enjoy.

I stopped and looked up until the sun would let me and smiled seeing the top when my head hit the tip of my spine. Seb was clearly fascinated by my interest since he thought I wouldn't be a girl interested in landscape and nature. Little did he know; that those were my only interests.

Finally, I let him take me through the golden sand which shimmered and glittered in the sun. There were too many beautiful shells which I had an intense urge to go fetch but Seb didn't allow me to do.

Reaching at the end, there was a bell and a door. Seb rang the bell and waited for someone to open the door. Because the lighthouse was under tourist spot, someone will be here always to open the door from sunrise to sunset as per Seb's conclusions.

There were a few noises at the other end and then the heavy bolt was removed. A bushy browed man looking like Santa Claus came out. Just as he saw me, he scrunched his brows as if trying to recognize me and then when he did, I saw his eyes lit with a myriad of emotions.

"Samantha... oh my dear, is it really you? Have you really come?"

I was awe struck. Samantha? Now... who the hell is that? 

"Uncle, she is Lillian, Lillian Liana Parker," Seb said with so much apathy; I couldn't help but look at him, but all he did was look away.

"Nonsense, she looks exactly like my dear Evelyn and she had a daughter she named Samantha."

"Umm, sorry uncle, I am not Samantha, but I am Evelyn's daughter," I said.

"Oh my, I may have mistaken the name then but I knew it was you, you look so much like your mother."

I remembered the photo in Sam's drawer which at that time, I really felt she was familiar.

"And Sebastian... I see you have returned." His voice was suddenly gruff and angry.

"For a short while... uncle," Seb replied haughtily.

The old man only grunted as a reply but then he turned to me and said excitingly, "We have a couple upstairs but I can squeeze you in. Evelyn did give me something to give you when you come. It's there in my room upstairs midway. I will let you to it. And you... will stay here."

He said to Seb. What was their problem?

"Umm, I need him, uncle," I said nervously.

He regarded us both and said, "Very well then. Don't break something that's already fragile." That last part was definitely too only Seb.

He said and led us the way.

Seb stiffened as if he did understand what he meant or did he? I was really confused.

Just like the old man said, about midway, there was a tiny room which had that window that I saw before and he let us in. the place was surprisingly cozy; although it was really a mess.

Seb was really restless by now. Somehow, that made me restless too. I wanted that happy old Seb but he was different around this man. Before I could even question him, the old man said aha and came with a package.

It was nothing special. Just brown paper covered rectangle box with two-inch thickness. I bought it with trembling hands.

What will that give me now? What is in this box dear Lord?

Giving me, he looked at Seb and walked out closing the door behind him silently.

Since the box was in my hands now, I ignored Seb sighing in relief. The box felt heavy and suddenly my mind was too.

_______ 

I am just loving this myself' So, I might as well keep on writing this! Haha :D 

If any readers, hiiiii...... there you silent admires! ;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro