♥35♥

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Should I be shocked? Or should I ignore it?

It was not like Seb and I was a thing, or close to it, I guess. I stood there staring at Carolina wondering why I should even care. My mind also raised that stupid voice in a very bitchy tone that 'why didn't that son of a bit*h tell me'. Conflicted by my own dilemma, I shrugged my shoulder and turned away from her then blew out, struggling with my own traitorous tears.

Why am I even crying? Who was Seb to me?

Carolina placed her hands on my shoulder and squeezed.

"It was a few years back when he left town and joined the shady dealings under Louise because of something..." she paused to take a deep breath and released the storyline along with big drops of tears; even though I didn't want to hear her story. Somehow I got hooked after she mentioned Louise; I have heard that name before.

"We were in love and everyone was happy. Two prominent leaders' children in love; what's better than that? You see, I was away abroad to earn my masters and came back to see Seb was home from his studies too; Electrical engineer to be precise. We met; fell in love, rest is history."

She paused again looking out into the gleaming moon. 

"But, suddenly there was an attack, a day earlier the arrival of MountCrusoe, a cargo ship. The bastards attacked it and looted everything. Their goal was to wreck the ship but we didn't even know what the motive behind killing Seb's parents was; since they weren't even there protesting in fear of Seb's younger sister Charlotte."

Oh my, there is more than what I know. It felt like a movie for me. In fact, I realized something that it was worse than my life story.

"They killed his parents and raped Charlotte in front of her dying mother. Char was only seven years old. They killed her eventually. Seb and I were married by then and were away for a business trip. We returned home to this news. Can you believe it?"

I was really touched and sad, feeling heartbroken for Seb who had to go through yet, coming back to this place with so many memories not healed. Thinking about Charlotte made me cry for her. It wrecked my heart like a hurricane and I sobbed thinking of the pain and terror that sweet child had to go through because of someone's ego and arrogance.

"Angry and torn apart, Seb left town without saying anything. It was years later he then did return." She stopped there. Though I was confused by it all; I can feel there was something wrong here. There was something wrong and some huge part missing, I can feel it; but Carolina turned to look at me, with glistening eyes. She was about to say something when Seb moved away from the door and started speaking in his rich masculine voice. But today, it was laced with anger and much more emotions.

"Oh, don't stop there. Don't stop at all. Tell her about how the loyal wife cheated her husband behind his back without even trying to look out for the heartbroken husband. Do tell her, how you found another love and started to move on only after weeks of my departure." Seb said in a very low, mockery tone; but I know, he was hurt, sad and depressed inside. "Don't only feed her the mistakes I made. I shouldn't have left you; I agree. But, you didn't understand. They were my parents. My only pillar of strength and you didn't even shed a tear." Seb was angry now; his voice rising every minute.

"Wait..." I said, in between the glowing mountains.

"OH, at least you accepted that was a mistake. I never shed a tear not because I am insensitive, but because I don't share my emotions. What you did was so damn wrong. You shouldn't have left me. And now you are saying... unbelievable."

"Shut up, you cheated on me the minute I turned away. Good thing you had that sad fuc* with Lou, my best buddy. Did you think I will never know about that? Lillian, pack your bags, we are leaving. And Carolina, they were my parents; you should have at least showed something." Seb said, clearly mentioning that the conversation was over.

"Guess what, they weren't my parents, to begin with, and it was not like... oh shit, Seb, I didn't mean..."

"Lillian now..."

Seb pulled me away from Carolina's room. Whatever it maybe, she shouldn't have said that. I remembered I hadn't taken my clothes from the hanger inside the bathroom. I ripped my hands from Seb and said to him, he let me go.

I had to go through Carolina's door towards the staircase. As I reached there, I heard she was talking to someone in a muffled tone. I put my ears on her door and heard faintly, "Going". I pulled back instantly.

Is she ratting me out? Was she signaling someone? 

Oh, I should stop being paranoid about everything.

I quickly jogged up the stairs, took my belonging and jogged down. Just as I returned, she opened the door and stammered. Did she think I was eavesdropping on her? I looked ahead and walked on, when she stopped me and said, "beware of him, you don't know about him." She let me go and I walked on as if she didn't feed me anything.

Once, I entered into Seb's suv, I noticed Stephen was sitting in the back seat.

"How come you are attracting problems everywhere you are going, hun?" he asked, with a tight smile.

"What can I do? I am your sister." That earned me a ruffle on the hair. I just smiled, loving the feel of brotherly affection. Seb was driving on without saying anything. I never realized we were far away from the resort. After twenty minutes, Seb stopped the vehicle in front of a burger joint. I was happy nonetheless; I could eat something to shove my nerves away.

But, I realized that wasn't the motive behind Seb. There was a small bar attached, and Pete had already booked us a seat by the window.

Pete hugged me, as soon as I reached the table. He let me go but sat next to me.

"Ah, girl, I missed you." he said, sniffing my hair.

"You jerk, we only met yesterday."

"Day before yesterday and that is a long while back." he answered, still sniffing my hair.

"You pervert, move away from my sister." Steph joked kicking under the table.

"Then you come to me... I will..."

"Shut up." Seb hollered with his hands slapping on the table. He quickly got up from the table and walked towards the bar, sitting down slumping his shoulders.

They both looked at me, asking through their eyes and I said what Carolina said. My brother cursed and Pete looked at Seb.

"I will be right back." he offered, but I stopped him. "No, I will go. Order a double cheeseburger for me, with large fries and coke. No make that mocha cappuccino. I need something hot and sugar."

"Where does she fit all that in?" Pete asked Stephen. If I was not stressed out for Seb, I would have given him some nice meals but I was already halfway towards Seb. Few men sitting at the end of the joint eyed me not so very beautifully. 

I cursed myself for wearing shorts and a tank top. I missed my biker jacket. Gosh, I miss the feel of her underneath me.

I sat next to Seb. I ordered what he was drinking; the bartender giving me a look and I returned.

"You shouldn't be drinking that," Seb said in a monotone.

"What? A girl can't stomach what you are having?"

"You don't even know what I am having."

"I don't care."

We were silent for a moment. I felt rather tipsy with only a few sips. This thing is strong. I saw Seb was only fiddling with the condensation of his rich amber liquid.

"You can tell me, Sebb." Even though I was tipsy, I acted a bit more to make Seb laugh. I won!

"Whoa, don't drink the rest. You are tipsy." Seb laughed, picking up my glass.

"I have never felt so good before." I was indeed slurring perfectly and the cute barman was smiling at Seb now.

"Girl, stop drinking if you want to eat your burger," Pete said. I downed the glass completely taking it from Seb and hollered, feeling quite refreshed.

"I feel so good now," I said.

One of the men sitting in the back hooted and I flipped him the bird which resulted in laughter. Suddenly I felt Stephen, Seb, and Pete besides me.

"What did you give him, man?" Stephen asked Seb and I looked at them with a grin on my face, dreamily looking at the different bottles behind the very amused barman who was polishing glasses or was it bottles? I was really having a good time and poor Stephen took my joke easily.

"I don't know, I ordered a stiff drink on the table," Seb said looking worried at Seb but I can see he was smiling.

"Yo, what was the drink?" Stephen asked the barman and I laughed now.

"Chill your wet ass, Stephen, I am fine." I slurred and hiccupped. Oh, my God, I should be awarded an Oscar.

"I am not nuts, dude. The lady is really light-bellied. It was not what I gave to the dude." I heard him saying some funny name, I didn't pay attention and I was angry now that the guy didn't give me what I ordered.

I got myself on the glass table and pulled him by his tie. "I ordered a drink and do your job right," I yelled with laughter and hiccup lacing my voice.

"I did. I didn't want to worry your lovers." He said amusedly.

"Dude, he is my bro. the guy who ordered drinks is my friend and that dark chocolate is my best friend. I ain't a bitch to bag men on the road." I slurred and slapped him softly laughing, wondering what I even said.

"Yes, mam." He chuckled. I think he can see through my act.

I never realized someone had pulled me down from the countertop. Stephen walked me back to the table and ordered me to drink water. I did and after few minutes, I started feeling myself; or stopped being the tipsy drinker.

From the water bottle, I washed my face and smilingly, cleaned the table top with tissues. Seb shook his head at my stupidity.

"You know what; I never knew your sister would be this crazy," Seb said.

"Me too," Pete chimed with Seb. And I heard Stephen saying, "Me too, bro, me too..."

Traitors!

I was happily gorging my food, tuning out what the boys were talking about. I completed my food and excused myself to the washroom.

Washing my hands and doing my business, I saw a shadow pass behind me. I ignored it and opened the door to get pushed in by the guy who hollered at me earlier, trying to do things; little girls like me should never know.

But, it was his worst mistake.

I took his calloused hands into my hand and expertly flipped it to hear him holler in pain. I headbutted him on the head and when he fell down, I held him by the shoulders and knee kicked him to the face and stomped on his family jewels. I was not finished, but the guy screamed and begged for mercy not even like a girl would; so I left him there.

I remember Lara, from elementary school that picked fights with me until I showed her who is the boss. I still remember how pathetically she begged for me to stop. Later on, no one bothered me. I was the boss.

No one heard the commotion. The music and the washroom being behind the diner; tuned it all out, I guess. I walked to my gang like nothing happened. It looked like they were waiting for me.

"Let's go," Seb said. I waved goodbye at the barman.

Now that I was by the car, I was wondering what will happen now. Where will I go? What should I do? Too many questions and not much answers; I sighed as I leaned my head onto the window looking out as Seb's started the engine.

For a moment I thought there was someone in the darker parking lot, looking at me. But when I looked over there, I saw no one. I ignored the feeling; believing myself that I was being paranoid. Must be my imaginations, I concluded. 

_______ 

Ahhh! steep hill, too many secrets, too many rivulets; The story is nowhere near anywhere; but you are somewhere. Stay tuned and I will bring you to here! ;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro