♥47♥

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I slammed my hands on the staring wheel, cursing out loud. I clutched the wheel tight enough to compose a squelch on the new leather cover. It all ended with a snarl making my brother squirm in his seat.

"What? Don't go lioness on period on me now, I will take you there," he promised, nodding his head up and down, funnily.

"No." I half yelled at him. Stephen looked like a deer caught in the headlight. He adjusted to his seat again and began to talk when I said, "no, I won't let you."

"What? I am fine. Just don't worry."  

"I won't let you take me in this condition, I have no idea what will happen there. And you are certainly not in a condition..."

He cut me off with a chuckle. "You, my sister are so sweet and naïve. I have been through much worse. Get prepared; we are going tonight. Let's get this done with. We have only until sunrise."

"But..."

"Listen to me, you have never seen the broken me, have you? I have raced to earn humongous money with three broken ribs and a sprained mind. That's just one chapter of my wayward life. You have no idea whom you are dealing with, Lil. So, no buts... I will take you there. Get ready."

"You speak as if we are on a mission."

"Honey, do you have any idea what St.DominicCliffside looks like? If something happens, a part of it will collapse into the beachside and..."

"Hmm... no wonder why she asked me to run if the beeping gets louder and ringing continuously." I muttered too loud, unconsciously.

"Lillian..." his face looked alarmingly white.

"No, Stephen, it's... it, it's okay, this should be done. It should!"

"Ah..." reluctantly he nodded towards our house, "alright, change."

I walked into the house looking down, not wanting to be seen by anyone. Alas, I walked in to see Tom and Sam sitting in the living room while Evelyn talked broodingly. I quickly walked towards the stairs, uninterested, without trying to catch their attention but hey, it's me, Lillian Liana Parker, right; a beacon to danger.

"Lily, ah, we have been waiting for you," Evelyn called out as she got up dressed immaculately in another beauty horror. Hmm, something's not right.

"What?" I was not the one with patience for this woman. She is hot then she is cold. Yes, I mean it and no; that is not a quote only KatyPerry came with. Sigh, if only I could change and disappear to find what my mommy dearest hid.

"Sam and Tom here were talking about an important meeting that they need to attend in order to expand their business with someone important."

"What should I do with it?"

"Well, the meeting is programmed in between a party to be inconspicuous and... the party happens to be, ah, look at the time. It's about to begin. We should leave soon, in fact, get dressed now." Though Evelyn tried to act it out, I could see on her face that she knew all about this from the beginning. Oh, why did I have to leave and come right back into her den?

"What?" I scoffed. "No..." I crossed my hands defiantly. Sam looked worried while Tom just sat there with his signature grin that once told me the message that he was proud of me. But now..., I am not so sure. "I am not coming. Leave if you must."

"Who orders, and who listens?" she playfully asked with her finger pointed at me.

"What the hell? Am I eighteen or eight?" I was not her puppet.

"It doesn't matter; pick your dress and leave. The party starts at eight." She stated as if there was a verbal full stop to this conversation.

"I don't care. I am not coming. I and Stephen have plans." I said, trying to leave the place.

"Ah, I was going to call you, Stephen dear, wear your best tux, we are leaving in half an hour. We don't want to be late, now... do we?" she said, sitting down, trying not to wrinkle her ridiculously beautiful peach and gold gown.

"Like she said, we have plans; you will have to leave without us." Stephen stood next to me looking calm and composed. He wasn't even keeping it cool, he looked angry.

"And what have I told you about..." she paused dangerously slow, "disobeying...," her eyes were narrowed. Who cares?

"And... what about... me being old enough, to be my on my own ass," Stephen calmly said in the same voice as her. I can almost cut the silence with a butter knife.

"I told you, they are not going to come," Tom said, leaning back to his couch, looking smug.

"Was I asking for their permission?" she snapped. Her composure breaking distressingly, "I will make them. This meeting is important for me, for Lillian."

"How come...?" I asked but didn't wait for her explanation. I know it was something faulty and made up. "I am eighteen, I am old enough. Please..."

"I wasn't asking permission, I hope you have a nice dress. Wear something light colored; not your obnoxious ones. I am sorry I didn't let you know soon or buy you a dress. Be prepared, our car waits. And don't you dare talk back." Evelyn walked out, clicking her heels more pressingly than necessary.

"Argh... this is frustrating. When will you leeches stop commanding my damn life?" I screamed.

"Until you are twenty-one, you are in my custody." Evelyn blocked the entrance, stopped, turned slowly and walked away without even showing any emotion. I truly wanted to cry the life out of me but it was impossible. My pride froze my tears.

"Come on, we will find a way to sneak out. Let's just dance for the show." Stephen nudged me upstairs. I walked with my shoulders drooped so low, making him hold me close. That was my final straw. I literally guffawed out all my frustration and sadness. He led me to his room, where all my fond memories slept peacefully. There, I cried until Annalisa came knocking on the door, asking if I was ready.

Annalisa looked at me sadly.

I walked into my room miserably as Annalisa gave me many ideas to skip the party. I wiped my tears, smiling at how foolish some were. Reluctantly, I went in search of a dress in the closet. Light colored dress, she said; I wonder why. As I was searching aimlessly for something; I remembered the dress I brought with Stephen. I beamed in surprise. Was this a coincidence? I am never attracted to dresses and here lies one of my own; a first, I remember owing with my full heart, I believe.

Ah, a light one, did she say? I smiled evilly.

I quickly put it on, bothering not to shower and let Annalisa style my hair in an immaculate updo with pearl beads. My makeup was close to non-existent but thanks to Annalisa, she smoked up my eyes dangerously. As I put on my boots; I remember Stephen's promise. Groaning, I pulled on a skinny jean and pocketed a black tank top, jacket and a scarf with me.

Thank goodness, the bit*h left with Sam and Tom earlier. Simon and Tiffany descended the stairs together. I was happily clutching to Stephen when I noticed Tiffany was not happy. Her radiant, arrogant smile was missing. Simon was as usual, stony. But Tiffany pulled me curiously. Her dress was a beautiful powder blue watery silk dress that hugged all her curves right. It swayed dangerously low, showcasing her beautiful legs. The blue heels did justice to the overall look. Yet, Tiffany looked sad. When she caught my eyes, she smiled.

A genuine smile after so long, yet, that didn't reach her eyes.

Simon walked to the garage as Stephen walked away too. Not bothering to go in the vehicle Evelyn organized. Being alone in the same room without the arrogance radiating; suddenly I felt suffocating, too caring.

"Good luck Lillian."

"What?"

"I hope you can forgive me. I wish we didn't have to part like this."

"What are you talking about?"

Stephen and Simon honked loudly for us. Tiffany brushed past hastily, wiping away tears as I stayed frozen in place. As Stephen honked loudly again, I walked out still in a trance.

"What is wrong with Tiffany?" I asked, watching Simon roll out through the gates.

"What?"

"I have no idea. She said good luck and that she wished we didn't have to part like this."

"Really...? Strange; I have no clue."

I hummed my reply as I wondered for some assistance. Why did she say that? Why did she cry?

"By the way, you rock this dress. I hope Evelyn die from the shock."

"I should have worn black wings and black furry headband, right?"

"This isn't Halloween party."

"Nonetheless..."

He sighed, looking out, "I hope she doesn't kill you for this."

"I don't care."

"Listen, I don't have a plan as of yet, but I believe the party will stretch on to the early hours until the sun waves goodbye to the moon. Around, somewhere in between, at midnight, I will come find you. Be prepared."

"Oh, I am always prepared." Saying that, I pulled out the tank top, jacket, and scarf from the large purse and kept them under my seat; then, I threw the purse to the backseat and saw Stephen smiling amusedly with his eyes twinkling.

"Beats me... and I was asking you to be prepared."

I grinned as he swerved right, following Simon's black Audi.

After a few more minutes, Simon entered large iron gates, Stephen following shortly. Simon got out, handing the keys to the valet waiting for the car as a man dressed in crisp uniform helped Tiffany out. Even before a uniformed man, be a servant or not, could open my door; I opened it for myself and got out. "I could use my hands." The boy's brow furrowed ever so lightly; then regained back to the stony expression.

I heard Stephen saying, "Not a scratch," to the valet to which he replied, "Of course, sir," through gritted teeth.

"Why did you have to do that?" I asked politely as thousands of cameras flashed our way. Tiffany and Simon were already inside the ornate double doors. Stephen smiled at the cameras but I looked at them disinterested.

"What all with the camera and stuff?" I asked Stephen, sneeringly.

"Must be some famous celeb party; I have no freaking clue and I have no interest too. Remember, midnight..." he said, as we passed the double doors to the equally luxurious hall that was excellently painted in deep crimson with gold borders, making me gasp in awe. The curtains were all velvet gold, with huge chandelier gleaming from above. The ceiling was painted scenery and those tiny naked things on wings. It looked vulgar to me. I appreciate art, but not those naked people almost scraping my eyes from the socket with their intimate personal things on display.

With the crowd, we passed to a room through high archways that had pillars delicately carved on the side. From head to toe, the pillars were to be admired and I took my time, studying the intricately carved design.

From the corner of my eyes, I realized people were staring at me. As I plucked my eyes from the pillar and scooped the ballroom; I realized I was the only one mourning. Everyone was dressed in light, pastel shades that looked beautiful as if an art itself. And like an ugly duckling, I flocked besides a dashing boy, as if stuck in a wrong crowd.

"Why are they staring?" I asked keeping my face conceited as possible.

"There must be a reason why everyone is wearing pink, peach or something that makes me puke. It's all so... girly."

"Exactly and here I am."

Stephen laughed as he took me to the refreshment table. As I was nibbling some chocolate, Stephen ran his eyes through the girls that were ogling him, flirtatiously. He even dares to wink at a girl who blushed furiously. Her dress was a pathetic shade of light red that looked like blood mixed with water. The dress didn't do any justice to the auburn curls. She saw me staring and sneered at me. Ha! I smiled politely. She turned away.

Stephen was about to dismiss from my company when Evelyn marched in, tugging my hands dangerously.

"What the hell are you wearing Lillian?"

"A dress," I replied smugly remembering a certain party moment all those months ago.

"I am not to be trifled with; you pathetic fool, are you trying to make a fool out of me?"

"Is there a chance more to make you a better fool than you are?"

"I will show you whom you are playing with once this party gets over. If I am to lose my price; Lillian, I am warning you..." she warned me dangerously. I looked away acting smug when a malicious pair of eyes crashed on mine.

"Well, look who is here. The beacon to my party; Evelyn, you bring great deals as always." Evelyn looked as if she saw a ghost. She turned quickly and smiled, trying to hide her shock.

"Oh, she is no one, this is not my deal. Come, I will introduce her."

"Hmm, what is your name my dear?" his eyes never left mine and I held his gaze.

"Oh come on, Charles; let's not waste time with this garbage." She said too quickly.

"Am I joking here, Evelyn?"

"No. I am sorry."

What the...? Why does she squirm in fear in front of this Charles boy?

"Where was I? Ah, your name...," his eyes directed to mine; I looked at him, without deterring. "Are you deaf?"

"No, I am mute," I replied. Evelyn held her fisted hands to the mouth and pleads with me to keep quiet.

"Feisty, I like it," he eyed me completely and turned to Evelyn, "How much?"

Evelyn's face drained all color as she looked at me and then to Stephen. "She is Lillian. This is not our deal."

"Ah... Lillian, Lillian Liana Parker; the infamous beauty Evangeline left behind. Oh, my... I can't believe my luck."

"Charles, she is off the market. You will have to par with Tom."

Charles looked dangerously at Evelyn as she gulped in fear. "What Charles wants, Charles gets."

"Sorry to bother your meeting young one, but she is my doe."

I have no idea, what the conversation was or where this was going. And I have no freaking idea, from where Tom suddenly jumped in, understanding the meaning behind their cryptic talk.

"Lily, leave. Stephen, take her to Tiffany."

Without any hesitation, Stephen took me to Tiffany who was huddled in a corner, looking as if she was about to cry. Seeing me approach her, she hugged me and cried. I quickly took her to the washroom and ordered other stupid girls who were touching up their face to leave; in fact, barked the command and they left.

Tiffany sat on the small cushion-less chair and cried.

"Tiffany, you can tell me. What is it?"

"Oh, that bitch..." her voice quivered as she cursed whoever this bitch was.

"Tiffany..."

"You have your life in a silver platter, guarded by Tom, who loved you at least, and then when you were on your own for what your mother did; suddenly you get two hot guys and my brother to help you. Yet, you think and act as if something bad has killed your freedom. Well, guess what? My life was always a fuc*ing game. Have you ever thought about mine? Constantly under pressure, I have to walk and talk maturely and beautifully so that Evelyn can cash me out wearing the best clothes. Her fingers always bidding my body to bet some cash; and now, I have come to a point where she is going to... I never knew what I did was..." Tiffany once again held her hands and cried badly. "I never wanted this life. Oh God, why did Evelyn have to be my mother? I wish Evangeline was my mother, Lillian. You are a lucky bitch. I didn't want this. I wasn't thinking. God..."

"Tiffany, you are making no sense. Make me understand."

"Lily, there is too much for you to understand. Know this, Evelyn works with girls to make money. She played with me for starters and I never knew. Now, she has got stuck in a contract where her own daughter should be the shameless girl who rips her panty for some old buffoon to get herself rescued from the trap."

I still looked shocked.

"Oh you stupid; I should sleep with someone tonight of their choosing to get Evelyn void from some contract."

"What contract?"

"I have no idea. Do I care? I should sleep or else, they said... no, they threatened I will be shipped off to... I don't want to."

Oh my God! I never ever thought this will be the reality behind her every outing with random guys. What was wrong with Evelyn? Was this the reason this party was held? Are they all prostitutes or forced into it? What was Evelyn doing?

I need to find Tom, he must know.

I hugged Tiffany so hard. Someone tried to open the door when Tiffany screamed, go away. The rattling stopped.

"Tiff, I never teased you know this was what was going on. If I did, I never would have said those harsh words. Give me time; I will get you out of this mess."

"You shouldn't have worn black. For once in your life, you should have listened to Evelyn. They must have noticed you and the numbers are rolling in your favor. Even Tom wouldn't be able to save you."

"Tiff, stop talking like that; Give me time, I will rescue you."

"Rescue yourself; I know you are a virgin. Don't mar your memory. At least, I gave my cherry to someone I thought I loved. You have no fuc*ing clue whom you are playing with. And you won't even win if you start this war." Tiffany rushed past me, opening the door, without even bothering to clear her makeup. It then hit me, she wasn't wearing any. She never does that.

I went behind her but lost her in the crowd. Her words swirled in my head. Looking everywhere, I could find people watching me. Disgusted, I tore through the crowd for a drink. Tom was still at the table, drinking, watching.

"I never realized my family played nasty games. Can you rescue Tiffany?"

"No one can, when you play their game; try to stay inconspicuous. She was always the loud and easy target. You messed the code and the numbers are pretty high on you."

"How the hell do I understand her cryptic words? Evelyn should have come clean. Once, this thing with Evangeline gets over; I am leaving. For good..."

Tom chuckled lightly before turning to me.

"Before the clock strikes twelve, leave unseen. For now, I will save Tiffany."

Tom left the place, with his new flute bubbling. I could see eyes watching my every move. Suddenly Stephen wove through the crowd, untangling women from his body, looking at me as if exchanging some cryptic message.

"Twelve, nine and six; danger..." He said as he handed me a ball of cloth. I recognized my tank top. Looking at the direction; indeed I could see thick men all dressed sophisticated in crisp uniform weaving through the thick crowd. Thank goodness, I was behind the dance crowd.

"Seven eleven, men's room. Quick!"

Not completely edited here, was in a hurry. Its been so long and I am utterly buzy :) I will edit this when I get time. After the book is completed, I will edit the whole book, slowly :)

Thank you for reading. Enjoy. 

What do you think will happen now? Where is this going? What is with Evelyn and Tiffany?

Stephen... is so lovely, isn't he?

Who will Lily end up with and why?

Would love to hear your opinions :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro