07. pick-up lines and comebacks

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"It's funny how you can tell when someone likes someone else, but you can't tell when someone likes you."

♦ ♦ ♦  

Chapter Seven

Ian's POV

I woke up to the sun shining all around me, the soft warmth of sun hitting my body. My eyes fluttered open and I yawned, feeling dazed. As soon as my blurred vision came back to normal, my eyes landed on her, who was still sleeping soundly. I smiled when I heard her snoring softly, there was a small puddle of drools at the side of her mouth. She must have been exceptionally tired for working until late at night yesterday.

But then, I realized the position we were in.

My arms were encircling her body protectively, while her arms were around my neck, cradling the back of my head. Our legs tangled together, making it impossible for me to move without waking her up. She nuzzled further against my chest, closing the small gap between us. My breaths came out harder than usual and my heartbeats fastened at the close proximity between us.

I breathed heavily. My heart had never wavered when I was around other girls. But with her, it was an entirely different story.

She didn't even have to make an effort to turn me on. Just by having her closer to me made me want her even more.

I thought that I could forget her by going to Lucy's place, but I was wrong. Lucy didn't turn me on with her sexy dress which barely covered her body, but Rose in her baggy T-shirt and sweatpants did. I had to make a lame excuse to leave her party early and dragged Connor along with me.

I slowly lifted my hand to touch her pretty, flawless face. My hand cupped her face, my fingers brushing her cheeks softly. But the action of mine woke her up. I quickly withdrew my hand from her face, returning it next to me. She stretched her arms lazily before her eyes flickered open. She gasped, her eyes widened in surprise when her blue eyes met my green ones.

She pulled her hands away from around me and leapt out of the bed backwards drastically, until she fell from the bed and her butt landed on the hard floor. She whimpered painfully and rubbed her back.

I tilted my head to the side. Amusement was plastered on my face. "Need a help?"

She glared at me, trying to appear fierce, but instead of looking like a ferocious tiger, she seemed like a mad little puppy. Which was cute.

She pulled herself up on her own while throwing daggers at me. She pointed her index finger to me. "You... you! This is your fault! You shouldn't have crossed the line!"

I quirked an eyebrow. I motioned to the invisible line we created, which almost disappeared since most of the pillows had dropped to the floor, leaving only one pillow between us. "You were the one who crossed the line. Admit it, Rose. You wanted me, even in your sleep."

She clicked her tongue. "Then what about you? You crossed the line too."

"I've always wanted you. I thought you knew that already," I said bluntly, a smirk formed on my face.

A blush crept to her cheeks, as if she wasn't expecting my answer. She cleared her throat. "Shut up. What do you want for breakfast?" she asked, changing the topic.

"I want you for my breakfast," I replied casually.

She just rolled her eyes. "Did your mom drop you as a child or something? Just get dressed so that we can eat breakfast together."

"Why don't we get undressed and eat each other for breakfast?" I grinned, wiggling my eyebrows.

I swore my mouth needed to be filtered from the things that came out of it. Maybe she was right about me being dropped by my mom as a child.

Her cheeks crimsoned. She grabbed a pillow and threw it at my face, which I caught easily without much effort. Annoyed, she hastened to the door, closing it behind her loudly.

I held back a smile at her innocent reaction. She didn't realize that she was too cute for her own good.

After a while, I started to think about what she said to me. Furrowing, I thought to myself, "What did she mean by getting dressed— oh." My eyes landed on my naked torso. I had thrown away my T-shirt last night after Rose let me sleep in her room, since I wasn't comfortable sleeping with a shirt on.

Maybe that was the reason she avoided glancing at my body so instead, she only made eye contact with me. 

I finally cracked a smile. Her innocence made her become more appealing to me. I realized that this girl was very, very different from the girls I screwed around with before. And it was definitely a challenge to make her mine.

Looked like I got my wish after all.

♦ ♦ ♦

Hailey's POV

As soon as I shut the bedroom door, my hands moved to my heart. It was pounding rapidly against my chest. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered around, making me feel sick.

Did Ian really have to make dirty jokes like that without a shirt on?

I'd be lying if I said it didn't affect me. He had the body of a male model. His six packs were visible to my naked eyes. And at the top of that, the jokes he made were... too much. He walked with self-confidence radiating around him, aware of his effect to the female population. He was the type of guy I should've avoided if I didn't want to be hurt again, especially since he was Isaac's older brother. I just wished that my façade would last longer and it wouldn't wear off anytime soon. Because boy, I would be in a lot of trouble if he knew that he had effects on me too, like other girls he screwed around with.

I went to Helen's room to wake her, but my eyebrows knitted in confusion when I realized she wasn't there.

Gosh, I really hope she isn't avoiding me for snapping at her last night.

Shrugging, I went to the kitchen to make pancakes for breakfast. By the time I finished cooking, Ian walked out of my room.

Thanks Lord he finally has a shirt on.

He took a seat next to me before his eyes wandered around the kitchen. "Where's Helen?"

"Probably at the campus." I expertly put both of our plates on the dining table.

He nodded. "So now it's only the two of us here?"

"Hmm," I answered nonchalantly as I started to dig in to my delicious pancakes.

"Hey, I have an idea to make this breakfast interesting." A smirk worked its way across his face.

His smirk is never a good thing.

My eyes turned wide. "Whatever it is, my answer is no, nope, nay and nah," I answered in a rush, shaking my head repeatedly.

"But you haven't heard it yet," he complained.

"I don't need to."

"When will your first class start this morning?"

"At 10," I answered without thinking. I then slapped my own face metaphorically.

Ugh, why did I tell him about my schedule?

His vibrant green eyes lighted up. "Same as me. That's great. We have two hours till our first class. Let's make the best of it." Dimples formed on his cheeks as he smiled.

I almost drooled.

Unable to resist his adorable smile, I gave in. "Fine. What's your so-called idea?"

"How about I make pick-up lines and you're gonna reply to them with comebacks?"

"Sure, sounds good to me," I answered casually.

"Okay, I'll start with the first one." He cleared his throat. He looked straight into my eyes and said, "There's something wrong with my eyes. I can't take them off you."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm having a problem with mine too. I can't see you getting anywhere with me."

Smirking, he continued, "I hope you know CPR, because you take my breath away."

I replied curtly, "I don't. But I know karate and I could rip your lungs out."

He raised an eyebrow. But his frown was then replaced by his typical smirk. "Do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I walk by again?"

I snorted at his cheesy words. "Go ahead. I need to practice hitting a moving target."

He laughed. "You're so savage. But that's the thing I like about you." I tried not to blush at his statement. "Anyway, I'll continue. Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

"Not as much as this conversation," I retorted.

He persisted, "Do you have a map? I'm getting lost in your eyes."

"Sorry, no map. So why don't you just get lost?" I barked.

"You know, you look a lot like my next girlfriend," he said as his smirk grew wider.

"And you look exactly like the guy I turned down two seconds from now," I bickered.

"Are you a parking ticket? Because you've got fine written all over you," he pushed, eyes glinting.

"No, but you must be a jury notice, because I'm trying to avoid you." I spat.

"You are the reason why men fall in love," he replied, unwilling to give up.

"Thank you." I flipped my hair. "And you are the reason why women don't."

"What would you say if I asked you to marry me?" he inquired.

"Nothing. I can't talk and laugh at the same time," I responded wickedly.

"I would go till the end of the world just for you," he stated.

"Really? Okay then. Would you just stay there?" I responded, smirking.

"That's a cute dress. It would look even better on my bedroom floor." He winked jokingly.

Is this guy blind? I'm wearing a baggy T-shirt with a pair of sweatpants.

"And it would look fabulous jammed into your windpipe." I snapped.

He finally roared out a laugh. He pretended to brush off fake tears from his eyes. "You're really good. I have to give you that."

Without realizing it, I found myself smiling at him. I didn't even notice that the lock to my heart was starting to open by itself again.

♦ ♦ ♦

Ian left my apartment half an hour ago to return home and get changed. Rummaging through my closet, I took out a striped long-sleeved crop top which I matched it with a pair of black jeans. I wore my white sneakers before scurrying off out of my apartment.

As soon as I was out of the building, I gasped when my eyes landed on a Bugatti Veyron that was parked not too far from where I stood.

Whose the owner? It couldn't be Ian. He drives a Lamborghini.

But then the owner slowly opened the door, leaving the car. My eyes never stopped staring at him curiously, burning a hole in his head. When he turned his head to me, I finally noticed who he was. 

Ian...

He was wearing a pair of sunglasses with a tight grey T-shirt on, making him look even hotter, which I thought wasn't possible. He was already drop-dead gorgeous the way he was.

When his eyes dropped to me, his lips curved into a charming smile and he lifted his right hand to wave at me. "What are you waiting for? Hurry up! Get into the car!"

I cautiously took a few steps towards his car. When I arrived at the driver's side, I knocked on his window slowly.

He pressed the button to open the window, raising his eyebrow at me as if questioning what I was doing.

I gestured towards the car. "Is this really yours. Or did you steal it?"

My question received a chuckle from him. "Don't be stupid. I'm not a thief. Although... I might have stolen your heart. Does that make me a thief?" He winked flirtatiously.

"The only thing that you stole is a punch from me. Now where do you want me to deliver it? Your face or your stomach?" I asked threateningly.

"Geez. Couldn't you take a joke? Come on, just get into the car."

"Who says that I'm going to college with you?" I huffed.

"I say," he stated with a smirk.

"No thanks." I scowled. I turned on my heel to leave.

He shouted, "You're gonna be late if you walk. Just take a ride with me."

I stopped dead on my tracks. I contemplated, weighing my decision. I finally realized that he was right. I was gonna be really late if I walked. Pouting, I went back to his car and sat on the passenger seat. I crossed my arms on my chests without looking at him.

"See? That wasn't too hard, was it?" He chuckled.

I ignored him and continued to look at everywhere else but him. I hated it when I lost to him.

And I hated the fact that deep down, I started to love being around him although I would never admit it. 

For my wounded heart's sake.

♦ ♦ ♦

I updated a day earlier than I promised! Yay! Anyway, stay tuned for the next chapter!

xx,

Tris.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro