• 1 - "The Wanderer..." •

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hello. Can I interest you in a story?

One filled with a rainbow of emotions... Friendship, love, sadness... And grief?

It will be a long story, but it'll be a fantastic journey all the way through to its end... You'll never want it to end!

Yes? Good. Let us begin...

<><><><><><><><>

The sky was covered in a blanket of clouds, chilly water droplets froze as they fell, creating a blizzard. The area was calm, save for a few penguins and some slimes.

Thunk... Thunk...

The peace had been disturbed, by a clanking suit of severely damaged armor. The suit bore a simple iron broadsword on its back, lugging it along as the armor trudged through the snow. A small tuft of crystal blue hair stuck out of the helmet where it had been cracked. The armor had belonged to a girl, seeing as how it was slimmer around the torso.

Thunk... Thunk...

...Clank... Clank...

Despite the woman's exhaustion, she kept trudging on... And on...

She eventually collapsed in front of a house in the side of a mountain, but she hadn't noticed it, for the blizzard had hidden the house from her vision...

Thump...

<><><><><><><><>
<???'s POV:>

I was unconscious, lying there in the snow. 'I knew it... Right here, right now...

I'm going to die.'

I saw my life flash before my eyes...

9 years ago, when I was eleven, I had lived in an orphanage in a village...

The name... I couldn't remember...

<9 years ago>

I had heard the warning bell from the town square.

"THE GOBLINS! T-THERE HERE!"

I had heard villagers screaming, shouting, and running. I looked out the orphanage's window, and saw a crowd of goblins chasing the towns people. I saw people crying over those who had died-- a Child grieving the loss of her mother, only to have been decapitated by a goblin who saw her. I couldn't believe what I had been seeing, but... I wasn't dreaming. I heard a door burst open from downstairs. I desperately searched for something sharp, heavy... Something that could do a reasonable sum of damage and be suitable for self-defense. I found a sword on a display rack in the living room. It was gaudy, being gold and all... But it was something. I ran downstairs, and ran out the door. I saw thousands of goblins... Which charged once they saw me. I swung my sword...

<Present Day>

"..." I slowly opened my eyes. 'I'm... Alive?' I thought, as I blinked a few times.

"Morning." I heard someone speak. I sat up, and rubbed my eyes. I looked to my left to see a man around my age. He had light brown hair, light green eyes, and a friendly looking smile on his face.

"Where am I...?" I asked, looking around. He laughed. "My house. I found you in a suit of armor that had collapsed out front." He said.

"You looked pretty bent out of shape, seeing as how you have injuries." He yawned. I looked at my arms. I had bandages covering what I had been assuming we're wounds.

"What's your name?" He asked. "Haruka." I mumbled, trying to remember why I had been wandering through the tundra.

"I'm Soren. Nice to meet you, Haruka." He held out his hand for me to shake. And, as implied, I shook his hand.

"Likewise." I said, a slight smile forming across my face. It was barely noticeable, but I didn't mind.

"May I trouble you with a question?" I asked, as he nodded. "Where is my sword?" I asked, and he pointed to the corner of the room. The sword had been leaning against the ice blue and black painted walls.

I sighed in relief. Even though there were better swords out there, I had made that iron broadsword myself. And no, it was not easy.

"Well, make yourself at home, I guess." Soren said, standing up, and heading to the room's exit. "Wait." I got out of the bed I was lying in, and stood up.

"Need something?" He asked. My stomach growled furiously. "Hungry?" He asked. I nodded in response, as I followed him out of the room.

We walked into a kitchen that was connected to a living room. I sat down at the table in the kitchen. Banners from various monsters adorned the walls of both the kitchen and living room.

"Why did you decide to live in a tundra?" I asked, as he placed two cups of water at the table. "Well... My parents lived here, and I kind of inherited the place when they died last year." Soren said, as I took a sip of water.

"I see. My apologies for bringing up a bad topic." I said, as he shook his head. "Don't worry about it. They didn't care much for me anyways, and I never cared about them." He chuckled.

"Alright. My turn to ask a question." He sat down across from me. "Why were you wandering around in the middle of such a bad blizzard?" Soren asked, raising an eyebrow. I leaned back in the wooden chair.

"I... Honestly have no idea." I spoke, looking down. "Last thing I remember was that I passed out in the snow." I closed my eyes briefly.

"Amnesia?" He asked. "No, the memory is just fuzzy... That's all." I said, shaking my head. "Can you remember anything before that?" He asked again. "No... Not really." I replied, taking another sip of water.

"Do you have a house? Or somewhere to live?" He asked. I shook my head no. "Hm..." He thought about something for a second, before gaining a smile. "You could stay here if you'd like. I have two extra rooms." He offered.

"Can I trust you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Of course." He said. I gave him a suspicious look, and, in turn, he looked surprised. He then glared slightly.

"Do you seriously think I'm that kind of guy?" He asked, crossing his arms. "No. Usually guys take advantage of injured females they just met." I glared.

"If I had ever done something like that, I'd honest to god kill myself, because that's terrible on multiple levels." He huffed.

"Well, if you do try something. You'll be a corpse without a head, lying in a pool of flesh and blood." I said, standing up. "We clear?" I asked, glancing at him.

"Of course." He nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEYO PEEPS! It's me, WaffleCake!

And boy howdy is this writing style funky.

I've gotten many requests to space out the text as seen above, but now I've finally decided to try it!

I hope it's okay lmao.

So, I know this is a terraria story.

And yeah, I know.

No reads galore XD

But hey, I dun care. As long as people who read it like it and I enjoy writing it, it's all good.

Okay, so I'll see you all in the next chapter! Bye bye!!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro