Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The snow lay thick and heavy on the Frostwolf camp, though it did not deter the Orc Children from running out and playing, pushing and shoving and laughing and playfully growling at each other. The mothers watched on from the entrances to their tents, while they did their respective work: basket weaving, skinning the latest kill or mending clothes. 

A child ran ahead of the others, giggling and growling, an worg pup bounding after him, before the pup tackled the boy into the snow. The two were sent rolling into a snowbank, giggling and squealing and barking in a ball of brown skin and fluffy fur. 

The mother of the child called to him, telling him not to stray too far. The boy poked his head out of the snow and nodded in response before he giggled as his warg pup companion pulled at his pants. The child ran after the little wolf pup, laughing and playfully snarling, temporarily forgetting about his friends who stayed closer to the camp, for they were not as adventurous as he was. The worg pup broke off from his romping with his companion as a whiff of something caught the scent of something. The young pup put his nose to the fluffy snow and began sniffing, moving around in circles, before coming upon a blood splatter and letting out a bark, gaining the attention of the young orc he was playing with moments ago. 

The boy waddled over and looked down, "Must be an animal in a trap. The hunters have been saying that meat has been nearby!" he rubbed his chin before he looked up, seeing that a blood trail lead a few yards into the woods ahead. Forgetting his mother's warning, the orc boy walked through the deep snow, it was up to his hips as he waded through the snowdrifts, the worg pup hopping after him, entranced by the smell of blood. 

The blood trail got thicker, and more and more blood splatters were seen, stark and bright on the pristine white snow. The young orc soon came upon a big snow drift, covered in splatters of blood. Hesitantly, the boy reached forward and brushed some snow away to see what was being covered by it. 

What they found sent both Orc and Worg feeling back to the camp. The boy ran right to his mother and slammed into her shouting, "Mother! There's something out there!" 

"What do you mean?" The female Orc asked. 

"I found a blood trail and followed it just like papa taught me, but I didn't find an animal I found a lady!" He pulled on her skirt, "she's buried in a snowdrift and freezing!" His eyes were wide with terror and confusion. 

The following commotion was both fast-paced and laced with urgency and concern. Word spread fast and made its way to the current chieftain, Durotan, who leads a small party to investigate the child's claims. 

Durotan's Worg found the blood trail soon enough and followed it to the snowdrift where the mighty beast froze and snarled. The mighty orc stepped forward and gasped upon what he saw.  

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro