Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Cole's POV

The car comes to a stop outside a warehouse in Nevada. The wind starts to pick up and dust is being thrown towards us from the desert.

We need to get inside now. I don't want to wait out here all night before rescuing my girl. The longer we're out here it gives them kidnappers more chances of hurting Julia.

Looking around the building I see a few snipers on the roof. Stepping out of the car I put the silencer on and aim the gun at them. I watch as eight men go down.

Luca moves towards me with a group of his men trailing behind. "Let's get inside before anything else happens. We've taken care of all the men that are out here."

That's good to know.

"Who's going to be the first team to go in?" I ask.

Luca looks around the group and selects some of his men, Mr Reale, some of his men and me. "We're going to be the first group in. When you hear gunshots the rest of you will come in and be back-up for us. Lets get the girls back in one piece."

I hope she's in one piece. If not. I don't know how I'm going to handle it.

I lead the way to the front door of the warehouse and stop in front of a metal door. Turning the handle I find out that it's locked. "Luca, help me kick the door in."

Together we kick the door and then we storm the building. My eyes roam the room and they land on Julia. Who's in Liam's arms and has a gun pointed at her head.

Why is he doing this to his sister?

Looking around the room I find Antwon with Skyler in his arms and she's sobbing. I look between the brothers and say. "Liam, Antwon, you better let those girls go or the authorities will be cleaning your blood off these walls."

Antwon laughs. "You're not going to do that, Cole. We've been friends since our Cousin took off."

What's he going on about?

"Cousin?" I say. "What are you talking about?"

Liam smirks at me before saying. "Julia, here isn't our sisters she's our cousin." He points to a woman lying on the floor with blood around her. "Natalia, is out mother and your girlfriend here just killed her. We're going to return the favour."

I'm glad Julia did that. I'm sure that woman was threatening in some kind of way that led Julia to do something like that. She the type of woman that won't let anyone walk over her. Especially, now with all the people that have betrayed her since she returned home.

My hair flops into my face and I push it aside. I look toward Julia and she's checking me out like it's the last time she'll see me.

No, it won't be the last time my girl sees me.

She mouths. "I love you." Before slamming her elbow into Liam's stomach.

I'm paralysed for a moment as I watch her move away from him.

Liam is hunched over trying to get his breath back. Raising the gun in the air, he says, "Say goodbye, bitch."

She looks him in the eyes and says. "Fuck you." He pulls the trigger and the bullet hits her side.

I pull the trigger on my gun and shoot him from the back. Then I look for Antwon and shoot him in the head.

Both brothers go down.

Getting into action I run over to Julia and life her body onto my legs, cradling her. "You're going to be okay, Julia."

She smiles weakly at me. "I know. You're here with me and that makes everything better." Reaching up she places her hand on my face. "Cole," she whispers. I look at her. "I love you."

My heart begins to race as I hear the words come out of her mouth. It's different to hear the words when she's not mouthing them to me from across the room.

I press a kiss to her forehead. "I love you too, Julia."

She starts coughing and then blood comes out of her mouth.

She can't leave me.

My grip on Julia tightens. "Julia, you baby leave me. I won't let you."

"I'm going to stay here with you forever, Cole. You're not going to lose me." She looks o to my eyes and then her eyes close.

"Julia," I yell. Shaking her I say. "We can't end here. We need a beginning for our love story. Our story will be epic."

Luca moves over to me and looks at Julia. "We need to get her to the hospital. I have an ambulance waiting outside for you."

Lifting Julia up I run outside and see an ambulance. The officers have a stretcher out and they take juli from me.

I climb into the back of the ambulance and they race to the closest hospital.

I hope I'm not too late with getting her help.

My phone starts to ring and I see "Mr Harris" flash across the screen.

I have to deal with him now.

Answering the call I say. "Hello, Mr Harris."

Mr Harris: Have you found my daughter?

Me: Yes, Sir.

Mr Harris: That's good. Can I talk to her?

Me: Mr Harris, she was shot. She's on the way to the hospital now. I won't know the condition she's in until a doctor talks to me.

Mr Harris: I can't lose her too.

Me: What's going on, Sir?

Mr Harris: My wife passed away half an hour ago. What about the boys? Are they okay?

Me: Come to the hospital in Las Vegas and we can talk then. There's things I don't want to discuss over the phone with.

Mr Harris: Alright, I'll be there as soon as I can.

The ambulance pulls in front of the main entrance and they rush Julia into the building.

A doctor takes Julia to the OR and I'm told to wait in the waiting room.

I hope they can tell me how she's doing.

The ER starts filling up with people that care about Julia. Looking around the room I see one person that shouldn't be here. She's the former best friend of Julia.

Why didn't anyone kill her?

Veronica's face pales as she looks at me. "Oh, shit." She mumbles before heading out the door.

I follow her out. "Why are you here, Veronica?"

"I wanted to see if Julia was still alive? If she is I have to kill her."

"Not today." A feminine voice says. "You're the one dying." She pulls the trigger and Veronica goes down. The woman steps out from the shadows.

"Amelia?" I whisper.

A smile spreads across her face. "I told you I would be here. Are you going to tell me what happened?"

"Julia was shot in the side and she has a broken arm, thanks to the assholes that took her."

She shakes her head. "I should have stayed here longer. Julia needed my help and I abandoned her by going back to my family."

Placing my arm on hers I say. "You never abandoned my girl."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro