6 | Abigail

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I ran down the hill after Willow, and might I just say, her badass side is showing. Theo ran at my side like the idiot he is. I rolled my eyes, speeding up, so I was now running next to Willow.

She turned to me with a confident smile. "You ready to kick some empousa butt?" She asked. Wow, I've never seen this side of her. I like it!

I snorted. "Obviously! Have you met me?" I smirked. We grinned at each other, then faced back forward, picking up pace. A moment later, we reached Percy. As I got closer, I realized the empousai had huge fangs and red eyes that were scary as hell.

"Aww, you're kinda cute. It'll be a real shame to see that pretty face of yours lose its life when we drink all your blood," One of the empousai said to Percy, making a pouty face. The one that said that wore a white crop top and a black mini skirt. They may be hideous, but they had some sense in style.

"Mmm, his blood smells delicious!" One of the empousai moaned. That one wore a green and black cheerleading uniform.

"Can we keep him? Please! He's so handsome I could die!" Another whined. She wore a red dress that was cut way too low.

"Becky, we haven't eaten in weeks," The last empousa said. She wore a black tube top and tiny booty shorts.

"Ughh," She groaned. Becky, apparently.

"Uh, hello? Do you guys not see us? We're here to take our friend back!" I yelled, crossing my arms.

They empousas' red eyes darted up to look at us. "Well if it isn't the young daughter of Nike! Pleasure to make your acquaintance," The crop top empousa said. She seemed to be the leader of the group.

"Now your blood smells dilectable!" The cheerleader empousa grinned, red eyes widening with pleasure.

"And who are your friends?" The empousa with the tube top asked, smiling eerily and tilting her head to the side. She turned to Theo. "You're pretty cute."

Theo blushed, his dark skin turning crimson red. "Really? Aw, thanks," He said. Huh? I squinted to see that his eyes were totally blank and emotionless. Why couldn't the idiot just listen and stay back? "I'm Theo!"

"Theo," The crop top empousa purred, "What a lovely name. I'm Jennifer, the chick with the cheerleading uniform is Brenna, the one with the tube top is Layla, and as you probably know, the empousa with the red dress is Becky. And we're here to eat you!"

That last part didn't sound good.

"Okay," Theo grinned goofily, sounding dazed, "It'd be a pleasure to get eaten by you!" Ew.

"Stay still while we do...
something," Jennifer smirked.

"That 'something' is eat Perseus Jackson!" Becky said chirpily.

I turned back to look at Percy who still looked frozen and dazed. "No way in hell you're touching Percy!" I snapped at them, jumping in front of my black haired friend.

"Aw, how cute! She thinks she can stop us!" Layla smirked. "How pathetic."

"Leave him alone!" Willow yelled.

I looked down at the ground, blocking out the conversation being held. I knew I had to think fast. Luckily, I was an expert on that. As an athlete, I had to do it all the time. I took a deep breath, then dove to the ground, picking up Percy's sword and swinging it as hard as I could at Jennifer.

Jennifer's eyes widened, and she screamed and shrieked in pain, which made me feel bad for 0.009 seconds, but then I remembered they wanted to eat us, which made me feel better immediately.

My eyes widened and I stared down at the sword in shock. It was honesty pretty heavy and hard to wield, but I'd have to make eye. "Holy shit, Abigail!" Willow screamed, grinning. "That was amazing!"

"Jennifer! No!" Becky wailed.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Willow roll her eyes. She bent down, then picked up a rock about the size of her head. She lifted it up, then chucked it as hard as she could at Becky, hitting her square in the face. Becky screamed, then shrugged into golden dust.

I gapped at Willow in awe. She should join the track and field team at school! She'd be great at the discus throwing.

"Holy shit, Willow!" I said, mimicking her from before. What? It was the perfect line for this situation. We looked back at Theo who was still in a trance. He'd be no help. At least there was only two empousai left.

Layla and Brenna roared in outrage, their entire bodies somehow catching on fire. Layla raised her hand in the air, a fireball forming in her hand. She drew her hand back, the chucked the fireball directly at me. I let out a line of swearwords, nearly dodging the fire as I dodged to the side.

I looked at Willow. She and Brenna were also head to head, Brenna chucking fireballs and Willow chucking rocks, both dodging their throws each time.
Finally though, Willow managed to hit Brenna super hard in the head, causing Brenna to turn to golden dust.

Now it was just Layla against Willow and I. Willow and I looked at each other, smiled, and nodded. We then began to throw everything we had at her.

Willow threw her rocks and I slashed at her with Percy's weird golden sword. Layla was honestly pretty skilled and she continued to throw fireballs at us. But finally, I managed to slash at her, cutting her head off (I'm scarred for life), and causing her to crumble into a pile of golden dust.

Dang.

Percy and Theo suddenly gasped, and they fell to the ground. "That was one dam bad experience," Percy muttered to himself, really emphasizing the 'damn.'

"Whoa," Theo said, "I really shouldn't have come."

Percy stood up, smiling. "So what do you guys think of Camp Half-Blood so far?" He said.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro