14: almost date (dont worry yall)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

DAN'S POV

(A/N: its all gonna be in present tense now if that's okay)

I can't wait to see Audrey today. I keep trying to imagine her grinning face to keep me from staring when I see her today. "Are you excited Dan?" Phil chirped from the kitchen. Very. "Yea... Phil, what if she doesn't like me if we get to know each other better? What if she thinks YouTube is stupid?" I groaned. I always overthink things, and now is not the time to have an existential crisis. You should pick her up like a real man, Dan. 

Dan: Hi Audrey, Dan again... do you mind if I asked you where you work so I could pick you up and we could walk together?

God darnit Dan why do you have to be so awkward

She responded back fairly quickly. I was surprised. I hadn't been in that many serious relationships in the past (not saying that this is one, I barely know the girl) but she seemed kinda comfortable with me.

Audrey: Hello again Dan! I work at the BBC Radio, do you know where that is? 

Of course I do, I go there all the time. Does she know who I am?

Dan: Yes I do! perfect. See u in an hour :)

I brushed down my hair quickly and began my walk to BBC Radio. I didn't want to be rushed and get embarrassed about being late.

AUDREY'S POV

"Here are the papers you wanted done sir. Let me know if I have any more I can do before lunch." I said to my boss, wishing he would give me the rest of the day off. "Nice work Miss Audrey. You know what? You can have the rest of the day off, it's been a pretty slow day anyway." My boss beamed up at me from his desk. Stupendous!

Dan: I'm here, ready when you are :)

Crap. Dan is here already. I tried to look good this morning but who knows what I look like now.

Audrey: Alright, be there soon

Actually, who cares what Dan thinks about my hair or makeup if it is subpar to other girls.

I walk down the stairs and through the glass doors to see a brown haired man staring at his shoes with his hands in the pockets of a black leather jacket. 

Was it Dan? It sure looks like him. "Dan?" I quietly ask. His head pops up almost immediately. "Audrey! Hi, um, shall we go?" He awkwardly asks. I nod and we walk out the glass doors. 

Like all men should, he holds the doors open for me and lets me walk ahead of him. I blush a little, no guy has every really treated me like this. It's the small things that matter to me.

I really felt comfortable around him. He intently looks at me as I explain my work and how I like living in London. He smiled and tells me how he lives with his best friend in the whole world, Phil. I wonder what he does for work? "So Dan, what do you do for work?" He bites his lip quickly and looks up at me, kind of cautiously. "Well Phil and I have YouTube channels. We also do Radio1 shows at BBC too." He said. "I mean, you probably don't know my YouTube, but it's Danisnotonfire. I'm Dan Howell." He grins a little at the end. I had heard the name 'Danisnotonfire' spread around the building on some days but I was actually on a date with him. "So you're the guy with millions of subscribers? Oh my gosh.." I was almost in awe that I sat before someone with millions of people that would kill to be in my position. "Erm yep. Don't let that change your opinion of me, please." He asked softly, looking up at me with chocolate brown eyes.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro