2: Where am I going

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A/N: (Hi Guys! Please comment if you liked my first chapter or not! Thankya)

I shook uncontrollably as the police questioned me about Tom and mummy and daddy for hours. My lids were slowly falling, all I wanted was to see mummy tucking me into bed. The room I was in was cold and the metal table wasn't helping. "I'm so sorry Audrey," The officer looked up at me with tired eyes and dark circles and spoke again, "You'll be sent on train to your great aunt's home in Oxford. She will be expecting you shortly. I do hope we do your parents justice. Goodnight, Audrey." He sighed. It had been a long night and I was desperately wanting to sleep. Before I could let my eyelids shut the lady shook my shoulder a little. "Hi Audrey. I went to my house and got you some clothes, I think they'll fit you. Let's get you to the train," She whispered in my ear as she led me to the door. A very nice looking police woman greeted me and started telling me about how my trip would go. I couldn't completely listen. The events of the day were distracting me and making me feel almost nauseous. I realized I hadn't eaten since the morning, mummy made me my favorite Delia Smith pancakes with chocolate chips. The tears ran down my face as the police woman took me outside to car I would take to the station. 

The Manchester sky was dark now, purplish blue with low clouds. I hugged my knees and looked out the window as we were on the way to the train station. My face felt dry and salty from the tears that were once streaming down my face but were now dried up. The police woman suggested I tried sleeping a bit on the way to the station and I obliged. Once I closed my eyes the bloody visions filled my head. It traumatized me and the tears were flowing once again. The tears burned my cheek, the raw skin sensitive to the cold salty tears. I saw the station ahead on the road and decided sleeping wasn't worth the pain that would come to me. The woman stayed almost silent for the rest of our trip and our journey into the station. "I'm sorry audrey, I wish I could help you. You will be heading to your great aunt Alice's house in Oxford. I will be sure to call you both immediately if I have any information about Tom. Good luck Audrey. I wish the best for you. Have a safe trip." She bent down to hug me and handed me my suitcase. I think I saw a tear slip from her eye and she quickly wiped it away. Another woman came over to help me onto the train and the police woman handed me a note and waved goodbye. I was seated near the front of the train, and before I knew it we were rumbling down the dark tracks. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro