20:din and a movie

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The door opens quickly in my face and an out of breath Dan grins at me. 

"Audrey! You're here! Erm, please, come in!" Dan awkwardly steps out of the door frame to let me inside their flat. Phil is close behind Dan and shuffles over to me when he sees me.

"You must be Audrey! Dan has told me so-" Dan slaps a hand over Phil's mouth from behind and I stifle a giggle. "Sorry..." Phil says, looking down but still grinning. "But welcome Audrey! Dan is so glad you are here." He chuckles a little and pops another grin. Phil embraces me and Dan walks into the living room from what I am guessing is the kitchen. 

"Thank you for coming on such short notice Audrey," Dan pulls me into a hug and I get a whiff of his cologne. Sweet but musky. He pulls away and smiles at me. "It's my pleasure." I smile. I can't help but smile around Dan. He grabs my hand and leads me into the dining room. Phil clatters plates in the kitchen and we giggle from his clumsiness as Phil yelps again. 

Dan takes my hands in his and smiles. "Thank you for coming Audrey. Really." Dan says, grinning the whole time. "Of course!" I smiled back. 

"Dan and Phil, that was one of the best home-cooked meals I have had in a while" I say as we cleared the dining room table. "Thank you!" They exclaim in unison. 

"Dan, I'm gonna go do some editing for tonight. It was super nice to meet you Audrey!" Phil pulls me into a small hug and waves to Dan as he begins to walk down the hall. Their living room is surprisingly artsy and cool for two guys. Like, really nice. 

Dan flops down on the couch and gestures to the spot beside him. I also flop down. It's been a long night. "Audrey I'm gonna be honest with you," He pauses and my stomach hits the floor. Oh no. Is he going to ask me out? No, I'm not ready for this, no. "This shirt is quite uncomfortable, do you mind if I go change real quick?" He grins a awkward grin. "Fine by me!" I awkwardly smile and he gets up and begins down the hall.

"Audrey?" Dan calls from down the hall.

"Yes?"

"Would you care to stay and watch a movie?"

"Of course Dan."

"Okay!"

Dan returns in a black plain tee and black track pants with white stripes on the side. Flopping down again, he sighs. 

"What movie do you have in mind Dan?" I question.

"I was thinking of going back to the basics and watching The Lion King" He chuckles.

"Why not?!" I smile. 

"Fancy some Hot chocolate? You could come with me...?" He awkwardly gets up and then extends his hand for mine. I grab it and join him on the short walk to the kitchen.

We mix the coca and head back to the kitchen for some good ol' quality movies.

Why in the world did I wear a dress? This is SO uncomfortable.

I squirmed on the couch trying to fix my dress before becoming  a hot mess.

"Audrey?"

"Yeah Dan?" He popped the movie into the DVD player.

"You look pretty uncomfortable in that, you could change? I mean, I have some clothes that you could wear.." He points towards his room awkwardly.

"Daniel you are a saint." I giggle and hop up off the couch. "Um.." Which room was his? "Last door on the right. Next to Phils." Dan called from the living room.

I pushed the door open and found a monotone grey and black room with a laundry basket on the bed. I grabbed a plain black tee and track pants similar to Dan's. I quickly shut the door and unzip my pretty yet uncomfortable dress I borrowed from Ashley. 

Dan's clothes are soft and smell just like him. So comfortable, Dan really is a saint.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro