21: Lion King & a visit from mother nature

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"And that," yawn "is why the lion king is my favorite movie of all time." Another yawn. Dan sleepily tells me as Hakuna Matata plays from the tv in the dark living room.

I shift in my position sitting on the floor in between Dan's feet so my head is leaning on his knee. The blanket wrapped around my shoulders is so warm and comforting. My eyelids close all by themselves and I'm taken into a serene sleep after my long day.

3:44 am

My eyelids flutter open as someone picks me up, I presume is Dan. I'm too tired to move any limbs or speak.

4:28 am

"Audrey... Audrey... hey, Audrey... it's Phil..."

"mhm?" I groggily mumble.

"Because I missed my flight to Florida yesterday I have to leave now so tell Dan when he wakes up so he doesn't freak out. Bye Audrey" Phil whispers, my eyes still closed.

10:00 am

"Hey Aud" a groggy greeting comes from Dan. Shoot. Did I really stay at his flat last night? What time is it? I have work today! Shoot- ow- my back really hurts. Ugh.

"Morning Daniel. What time is it? I have work today!" My eyes shot open. Ow. Sunlight. And my lower back. "No worries, I called your boss. You have today off." Dan smiled down at me. Currently I was laying across the sofa as Dan was on the long part of the sectional with my head in his lap.

"Mm. Nice." I close my eyes again and sigh.

"I'm going to get up and make breakfast. Anything you'd like?" Dan asks as he shifts me off of him. "No, anything is fine." I say into the pillow cushion as I roll onto my stomach. Ow. Cramps. That only means one thing. Shit.

(A/N: lets be real here, this is happened to at least one of us. Im what the kids call relatable *insert meme here*)

I bolted down the hall and into the bathroom. 

"Audrey? You okay?" Dan shouts, walking down the hall. He taps on the door a couple times. "Audrey? Uh... is something wrong?" He says through the door. Yes, mother nature has paid me a quite unfortunate visit. Great. 

"Um, yea. Actually... no Dan it's not." I mutter. Dan obviously heard. "Aud, please let me in so I can help." I sigh. "No, um, you know what, um, its just, um, girl stuff." I stumble through my words. "Audrey whats wrong?" Dan asks again. This is embarrassing. So SO SO embarrassing. "Um," a tear runs down my cheek. Great, thank you emotional mood swings for making this more embarrassing. "I'm on my period Dan." I can hear him sigh from outside the door. It was more of a relieved sigh than a distraught sigh. "Don't worry Audrey. Ill, um, get you some clothes and you take a shower. Ill run out to the grocery and Ill be back as soon as possible." I smile. "Thanks Dan." I sigh.

In a mere thirty seconds I hear the front door lock and running down the stairs. Geez, he was actually going to run.

As soon as I turn the shower off, Dan opens the front door and I hear running up the stairs and a knock on the bathroom door. "Can I come in? Just stay in the shower and I'll be out." Dan says and I agree. He pops in and out of the bathroom fairly quickly. I pull the curtain open to find clothes and pads+tampons on the sink. Dan is such a saint.

I get dressed, not caring about my hair or lack of makeup.

"Dan, what would I do without you." I walk into the kitchen and smile. He smiles big and walks over to me, embracing me in a hug. "Geez, I mean..." He starts but I stop him with my hand to his mouth. We giggle and pull away.

"I got you ice cream and hot coca," Dan says as he opens up the freezer and pulls out a container of chocolate ice cream. 

(A/N: SO WOW THX FOR 1.6 THOUSAND AND 100 VOTES YALL ARE RAD)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro