25: daddy

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

TIMESKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY ME GOING TO A TWENTY ONE PILOTS CONCERT IN FEB. YAY BLESS

2 weeks later

Dan: Hey Aud, how does dinner tonight sound?

Audrey: Sounds wonderful, Daniel

Dan: Alright, how about 7?

Audrey: Perfect. What's the occasion?

Dan: Oh nothing, just want to spend time with the lovely Audrey

Audrey: Of course you do :) I'll see you at 7 then

"Audrey," Alicia, my coworker, says, drawing out the y. "So how are you and the Dan Howell?" She grins, wiggling her eyebrows sillily. "Well, hello Alicia, good morning to you too!" I laugh. Dan and I have been too busy with work and Phil coming home to spend a lot of time together, but it wasn't like we were dating or anything... just close friends. "Well, tell me!" Alicia giggles from her desk. "About?" I ask, forgetting she asked me about Dan and I. "You and Dan, Dandrey, the ship I long to see set sail," She giggles, making it all very dramatic and awfully hilarious. "Well," I laugh. "We're doing good. Friends. Just friends. Phil came back from the good ol' Murica this week so they're working on some stuff." I say. "Mhm. Okay. Friends, is that what you think? Open your eyes honey, you'll see." She playfully shakes my shoulders, as if it would bring me back to reality. "Anyways, when are you next seeing him?" Alicia props her hands under her chin like an innocent child obsessed with her best friend's friendship. "Well..... If you ask... tonight." It comes out almost like a question but Alicia couldn't be happier. "Aw! Where are you going? What are you wearing? Has he kissed you?" She breaks into a fit of laughter as I clamp a hand over her mouth.

Knock Knock

I rush to the door to see Dan waiting outside. He looks beautiful. He immediately hugs me and I can feel his huge grin. "Hey Aud, long time no see." He says from behind me. God, why does he smell so good. "You too, Howell." I smile. He pulls back and I have got to say, he looks amazing. A crisp, white button down shirt pairs perfectly with his slim black pants and blazer and shiny black oxfords. I'm wearing a black, classy black dress with pale pink on the collar and black heels. He smiles at me. "Audrey you.... You look, um, wow, you look amazing." He breathes and pulls me into another hug. "You know, we've got to leave but we can't until you stop hugging me." I laugh into his chest. "Very true. Let's go. Is it okay if we walk? It's not more than a few minutes walk away from here." He asks. "Of course!" I smile. I always smile around Dan. I can't stop. My flat is very close to many beautiful restaurants and shops.

No more than a few minutes later we arrive at a very quaint, sweet, but expensive restaurant. "Dan," I breathe. "It's one of my favorite places. We've got a reservation so let's head in." He slips his hand into mine and again, I can't do anything but smile. Are we just friends? Or are we something more? I don't have time to think so I save the thought for later.

"Reservation for Seven?" The well groomed host asks, flipping to the 7:00 page in his book. "Ah yes, under what name?" He asks in a crisp voice. "Howell." Dan answers. The host looks up and smiles. "Right this way, Mr. and Mrs. Howell." He leads us. I try to interrupt with a, "We're not together-" but the host stops. "All the stars will fall in line my dear and you will see the man pining for your love." He whispers in my ear as he left the room, with Dan and I still holding hands.

TIMESKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY A VERY EXCITED MADS

"Dan, this couldn't be any more perfect. Thank you." I say, holding his hand from across the table. What are we? "My pleasure Aud. I'd do anything for you." He grins. The host walks back over to our table for the check. The host grins at me, approving of the state of our hands. Dan hands the checkbook back to the waiter and we stand up to leave. I absentmindedly slip my hand into his, but he pulls away as soon as his phone starts ringing loudly. He answers it quickly.

"Mum? Hey mum, i'm out with a girl, how are you?" He looks at me and grins. His smile quickly fades and his eyes squeeze shut.

"No, no, no. No, mom. No! No!" He shouts into the phone, breaking into sobs on his knees.

Luckily we were already outside so we didn't get many dirty looks. He hangs up and drops the phone to the concrete, sinking to the ground and clutching his face in his hands. All I can do is wrap my arms around him and whisper reassuring things in his ear, even though I don't know why he is broken down. "Dan, what's happened?" I wipe the tears from under his eyes as he looks up at me, gasping for air. He can't speak and breaks into more sobs, this time clutching me as well.

"It's my dad," he hiccups. "And also Adrian." Dan had told me about Adrian, his brother, before. He loved him. Dan would have done anything for Adrian. 

"Shhhh, shhhh," I calmingly whispered, wiping stray tears that still seem to fall. "What's wrong?" I brush the hair out of his face.

"They're dead." He says almost expressionless, until he is once again wracked with sobs. 

I wrap my arms around him and try to pick him up. At first, he becomes dead weight, but then stands up. Wrapping his arms around me and burying his head into my neck, he lets more tears fall. "Um... um, lets go home." He says slowly and we start walking. Dan lives only a block from me so we head towards his flat. 

I shut the door behind us and he is once again broken down into tears. I pull him up to a standing position and wrap my arms around him.

"Dan talk to me"

He pulls away and slumps toward the couch. He sits down and I sit beside him.

"Dad and Adrian were in a taxi going god knows where and the driver drove right into a concrete wall. Instantly killed them, mum said."

(A/N: YALL THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA BE ABOUT DADDY DANIEL BUT NO YOU LITTLE RASCALS! HAVE A GUD DAY GUYS TEHEHEH)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro