13. wrapping things up

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

All in all it was an easy day. Banks and Aldana were with Bennings, Social Services and the Youth Court, working on a deal for Nancy and her two partners in crime. Ron and Hank asked to interview Ben Tindermann one last time, to try to talk some sense into his little stubborn head. So Gillian and Fred sat with Tanya and Kurt to see what they actually had on the BEB group. Which was nothing.

"Over two-hundred members, but only forty or fifty were actually active, posting or commenting on other members' posts," said Tanya.

"The amount of members indicates nothing, since you usually get added to them by another member," added Kurt. "Most people don't bother leaving a group they're not interested in, they just block the group notifications and that's it."

"So maybe we should focus on the active members," said Gillian.

Tanya agreed. "Yep. But the user who uploaded the #youlikeit and the #blowme pictures is gone. The account was closed along with the group."

"Then we focus on the remaining ones and look for overlaps in their contacts."

Tanya and Kurt nodded, not exactly thrilled. Gillian gifted them with an ironic wink as she stood up.

"Enjoy, lads," she said, fetching her bag.

"Hey, Reg, I still haven't heard from Russell or his tech," said Tanya.

"I'll check on it. I'll be back in a while."

Henderson didn't need any explanation when Gillian invited him to morning coffee at Orlando's, instead of Friday night's dinner—and desserts. So they had their coffees and talked about the most irrelevant things. They parted with one last joke, like the good friends they weren't, at the federal building's entrance, from where the security guards were openly peeping on them.

Fine, perfect, now the air was clear with Henderson, she was free to...

"Spend my nights alone and working like the old lady I'm helplessly becoming." She sighed, heading back to her office. "I should get a cat."

Yeah, there was always Taylor, Banks' young hot detective. But she suspected Banks would transfer him to work undercover with Vice before letting her anywhere near him. Oh, well, we'll see, she thought with a little smirk.

The rest of the day went by in meetings with the DA and the other legal departments involved in both cases, while Tanya and Kurt slowly mapped out the social connections of the group's active members.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro