(8) Rapid Rants

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hey everyone! Jesse here! I'm covering the Rapid Rants article this month!! So... shall we just get started then? 

So as this month's theme is 5Ds, we might aswell rant about something that is 5Ds related...

Underappreciated characters!!.... In 5Ds.... (and some other things to rant about that I kinda got side tracked on... that are to do with 5Ds...)

I know, not very 5Ds related. It is quite the general topic, common in a lot of anime and I think Yugioh is unfortunately a good example for it. I'm not going to lie it's been a good couple of years since I have actually properly watched 5Ds but I'm just going to go on what I vaguely remember... 

There were characters in 5Ds that I feel really did not get a lot of screen time, or time to really develop and for us to understand as much as we could have! Characters such as Leo and Luna (Using dub names) and also Bruno!! They did not get enough screen time or the attention that they deserved, they were all great characters and deeply loved by the fans (Bruno will always have a special place in my heart <3). And let's not forget Carly Carmine! I loved her character so much but they treated her so badly, always making her chase after Jack and also KILLING HER AND MAKING HER A DARK SIGNER!! It's not fair how the writers treated these characters! 

Carly Carmine, in the Japanese version was an unsuccessful, clumsy reporter, who tended to get pushed around by others (In the dub, Carly was not even a real reporter, but was actually an unpaid intern for a newspaper who posted stories about Street Duels on a blog).   <-- This is what the wiki actually says, this is so not fair on Carly! She tried so hard and couldn't help but get in the way. When there happens to be danger lurking around every corner, most of it involving Yusei and the gang then what do you think is going to happen? Sure Carly could be annoying, but she really did deserve more attention and some more love! There were times where she was really brave and had some epic moments!

Bruno, he was not in for long! I feel that he just came and went, he had a big impact on the last season but that was just when his memories returned and he was then known as Antinomy, we should've had more of just pure, cute, funny Bruno before his memories came back!! And also before he... at the end... he... *sobs in the corner* I mean, I thought Yugioh was meant to be for kids even in Japan!! (But let's face it, it's not just kids that watch it today, though we are all kids at heart!) It's possibly why they didn't dub the last season of Yugioh 5Ds just like with the last season of GX because it was too dark.

Then Leo and Luna, they honestly did deserve more screen time, especially in the last two seasons, they shined most in the first two but then they just started to slowly fade in importance to the story. They were great characters, they should've shone throughout the entirety of 5Ds not just at the beginning. Luna's exploration into the spirit world also could have been developed a lot further, I don't think it's just me that would've of wanted to see more of that. 

Also... just wondering, but how old are they?! How and why in the world are they playing duel monstersentering tournamentssaving the world and getting beaten up by big adults along with everything else, at that age?! Any normal kid would've been traumatized at that point... 

Even if Luna was a signer, surely the others (Yusei, Jack, Crow and Akiza) should've tried to protect them more, stop them or something! There were times where they actually did get seriously hurt. Especially near the end of 5Ds in the last season, there was a duel with Jack, Leo and Luna against a villain, Aporia. The three arrived Planetary Gear, where they are faced by Aporia. Aporia faces them in a Duel, where he has devices forcefully installed on them. Their life points become their literal life! So as soon as it hits zero... they're dead, also every time they lose life points they are in serious pain as they are slowly dying! This is in episode 141. (This adds to my point earlier as why the didn't dub the lasts season of 5Ds - even 4Kids wouldn't be able to cut that down to rainbows and lollipops >.<) In Yugioh, Duelling is dangerous, especially for kids.   

Another question to just point out/rant about... Where have their parents been this whole time?! I think that question should've been answered at some point. It could have been a potentially interesting strong arc! Just imagine it, if they were away so much, they could have been part of some dark organization that the group would of had to face at some point. There could've been some drama with their parents, and wow, just imagine that. Not just that though, surely they should be there with their own kids to protect them and not let them go out to a duel tournament and go to potentially dangerous places and confront dangerous people! What sort of parents are they? Jeez! 

To be honest, I think the parents of all Yugioh characters should be revealed.

Well, that is it for this article, I apologize if it's not very good as it's my first article I've done for this magazine. I was just a creative director before but now I'm more which is awesome! 

Until the next time I cover an article, bye my friends ~

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro