16. Moments

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Nandini was fine and sleeping while Niyonika was sitting beside her. It was past afternoon and She managed to send both the stubborn heads to their office as they were having important meetings.

Doctor visited and checked Nandini. She told them that Nandini was drained out so much that's why fainted. She prescribed some medicines. Giving her injection she told that Nandini will have peaceful sleep of 4 to 5 hours so that her mind will be relaxed. Hence Niyonika sent Manik and Ansh to their respective office saying she's there to take care of her.

At Evening -

Niyonika was reading some Magazine while sitting beside Nandini. Nandini coughed gaining her attention. She immediately filled the water in glass and made her drink. She wiped her lips with her dupatta carefully. Nandini opened her eyes and was looking at her with soft smile and adoration. Niyonika looked at her and cupped her cheek.

"How are you feeling now? Kuch chahiye? Hmm?" She asked lovingly to which Nandini nodded in no. She kept her head on her shoulder and circled her arm around her arm. Niyonika smiled.

"You know, you are just like my mumma. Voh bhi meri bahot sari care karti thi, bahot sara pyaar karti thi. Aapki tarah. Same same." She exclaimed like a kid. Niyonika laughed.

"Achcha? Aur kya kya karti thi? Tum dono bahot maze karte hoge na?" Nandini removed her head from her shoulder and nodded vigorously looking at her.

"Yes. Khub sari masti. Me and Dad used to tease her alot. She used to be jealous saying I love Dad only. Then I used to jump on her and shout kissing her cheeks that I love her too. Dherrr saraa!" Saying this Nandini chuckled and Niyonika also laughed.

"Achha! Toh aap mumma ko tang karte the haan? Badmaash!" Saying this Niyonika tickled her a little to which Nandini laughed.

"Haan. But I loved her so so much. Always. She was my best friend. Ab hum dono bhi best friends ban jayenge." Nandini said smiling softly towards Niyonika. She smiled back.

"Ofcourse!! Now enough of talking. Time dekha hai? It's almost 5 in evening. You skipped your lunch. So now tell me fatafat what will you have in snacks? I'll quickly make." Said Niyonika while getting up from bed. Nandini made a face.

"I'm not hungry." Niyonika glared at her to which she made sad pout.

"Yeh faces mujhpe work nahi hone wale. Health ke sath no compromise. You have to eat something. Tell me what you want or else I'll make some oats with Pineapple juice." Niyonika said and Nandini made horrified face.

"No no no. No oats. And Pineapple juice? Eww yuck! Meko nei pasand. Aap na, make noodles for me! Yummy! And then I'll have chocolate milkshake with extra chocochips." Nandini exclaimed. Niyonika chuckled seeing her excitement.

Someone watched all this from the door. It was Ansh. He had tears in his eyes.

These 3 years, Nandini never demanded anything from anyone. She used to have very little food. She never threw or we can say she forgot to throw tantrums for having her favourite food. Ansh was seeing the glimpse of his old Nandi after so long. She was like this only. Whinning, laughing, throwing tantrums. He missed her like hell.

Niyonika turned and stopped in a way looking at Ansh. He smiled at her faintly. She moved to him and cupped his cheek.

"Aagaya Anshu? You must be tired na? Go freshen up. I'll make tea and some snacks to eat. What will you eat?" She asked with a love.

His tear fell which he wiped immediately before Nandini notice.

"Anything you make for Nandi!" Nandini heard him and gasped.

"No ways, bhai. Noodles are all mine. You eat something else. Mumma, he loves aloo tikki alot. Will you make it for him? Varna yeh mere noodles kha lenge hamesha ki tarah." Nandini literally whinned. Ansh shook his head chuckling a bit. Niyonika smiled.

"Ofcourse. Anything for my babies. Come on now, go get fresh." Saying this Niyonika left towards kitchen. Ansh moved to Nandini.

"Nandii, how are you baby? Any pain?" He asked to which Nandini hugged him.

"I'm fine, bhai. No pain. Mumma was with me only. She took my care." Said Nandini with a small smile while breaking the hug. Ansh caressed her cheek.

"Good. Let's have something. Then we have to go home." Nandini's face went pale hearing him.

"Home?" She whispered looking down. Ansh sighed. He took her in a side hug.

"Yes baby. Our home. We have to go there, no? We can't stay here forever. You understand, right?" She nodded slowly and Ansh pecked her head.

"Don't get upset. We will visit here daily. And will do lots of fun together. You, me, Niyo maa." He said and her face lit up a little.

"And Manik?" She asked unknowingly and Ansh raised his brows.

Uh-Oh

Wrong question Nandini! She mentally slapped herself.

"Manik chahiye tumhe?" Ansh teased. Nandini nodded in yes and then in no.

"Yes. I mean no. I mean- not in that way." Nandini said stammering. Ansh teased.

"Not in that way, means? In which way then?" Nandini whinned and pushed him a little. Ansh laughed.

"Bhaiii! Don't tease me no! He's my friend." She said like a strict teacher. Ansh pressed his lips.

"Only a friend?" Ansh teased. Nandini took pillow and threw on him while Ansh ran to washroom. Nandini huffed being annoyed.

Soon they heard a horn of a car and Ansh shouted peeking out from washroom door.

"Lou ji, tumhara friend aagaya." Nandini got up from bed and Ansh closed the door with a bang.

"Bahar aayo aap. Chodungi nahi mai aapko." She said in anger and in return heard his laugh. She went to Niyonika stomping her foot.

She was moving towards kitchen when her foot slipped and she closed her eyes in fear. But she dint feel any pain.

Instead she was securely wrapped by two strong arms. Yes, it was Manik who held her protectively in his arms before she touch the ground. She opened her eyes slowly only to meet with his black orbs.

He was looking at her with a concern and...?

She kept looking in his eyes. They conveyed her many feelings which she couldn't understand at that point. But his closeness was affecting her. His piercing intense gaze was making her shiver. Both had a long eye lock.

"Ahm ahm"

Niyonika and Ansh faked cough and both Manan came in senses. Manik made her stand slowly. Both were embarrassed.

"You okay?" Manik asked her. Nandini nodded looking here and there. Ansh was having teasing look.

"Mannu, you also came early. That's good. Go get fresh and join us for evening snacks." Manik nodded smiling at her and left. Nandini turned only to find Ansh smiling mischievously. She frowned.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She snapped at him. Ansh glared at her.

"Oyy! Miss NM! Do your NM giri at office and outside house. Not here okay? Or my Niyo maa will sue you." Ansh warned. Nandini scowled.

"She is my mumma. So she will obviously take my side. And you, I'll teach you a good lesson for messing with me. Just wait and watch." She threatened.

Oo, The NM is back!

Ansh laughed. She gave bore expression.

"Mumma, a mad insect bitted bhai. See, he's continuously laughing only." Nandini went behind Niyonika shouting while Ansh glared at her.

"Ayee mad kisko bola tune? You're a witch! See Niyo Maa!!" Whinning he went back of her.

Ansh and Nandini got ready to leave for their home. Niyonika hugged Nandini.

"Take care. Keep calling me whenever you want to. Don't skip your meals and medicine. Daily come with Anshu to meet mumma. Aaogi na?" Nandini nodded with a small smile and kissed her cheek. Niyonika smiled.

"I'll miss you, mumma. Take care." Niyonika nodded. She then looked at Manik who was standing beside her. He smiled at her to which she returned.

"Bye Manik. And thanks for everything." She said softly while Manik nodded in no.

"No sorry and no thank you in friendship. Don't forget our rule. Take care. Bye." Nandini smiled and nodded.

Manik went to drop them till car. They sat inside. Manik talked with Ansh and then moved near Nandini's window.

"You can message this poor fellow by your own sometimes. I'll feel better." He said dramatically to which she rolled her eyes.

"Hogaya? Ab mein jayu?" She asked. Manik looked at her intensely.

Bas tumhe jane hi toh nahi dena chahta. Humesha ke liye apne pass rakhna chahta hu. Par roku kis haq se? He thought in mind.

"Oh, Mr. Day dreamer, kaha khogaye?" She shook him a bit. He came in sense and nodded a no.

"Nothing. You guys go. Will talk later. Bye. Take care."

"You too." Replied Nandini and their car left. Manik kept looking at the car.

Screen Freezes.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro