26. The End?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Nandini and Ansh slept at Malhotra Mansion only because it was too late. Next morning they got ready and after having breakfast, went to their work place. Manik, Raj and Cabir also left for their works while Niyonika got busy with her NGO works.

Murthy Industries

Nandini was busy in her work when her P.A, Nia knocked.

"May I come in, Ma'am?"

"Yeah Nia. Come in."

Nia came inside while Nandini gestured her to sit. Nia settled.

"So whats the schedule, Nia?" Nandini asked still typing something in her laptop.

"After lunch, you have a meeting with Gupta's. Then we have to give a visit to the construction site of Mehta's. They need your reviews on the work. Thats all for today, Ma'am." Nia said politely. Nandini nodded and looked at her closing her laptop.

"So right now I am free?" Before Nia can reply her phone ringed. Nandini nodded at her.

"Hello"

----------

"Yes"

----------

"Okay, but-"

---------

"Alright, I'll ask ma'am and let you know."

---------

"Yeah, sure."

Call ended. Nandini looked at her with questioning eyes.

"Ma'am that was Mac, Mr. Malhotra's P.A from Malhotra Industries." Nandini nodded.

"What happened?" Nia looked at her and gulped a bit.

"He was saying that- the details you and Mr. Malhotra took out about their project, that file- got misplaced by them." Nandini fumed.

"What the hell? How could be he so irresponsible? Don't know why Ma- Mr. Malhotra even hired him as a P.A. Useless." Nandini exclaimed. Nia licked her dry lips.

"He was asking that- will you please help him for new one. Or.. Mr. Malhotra will be very angry and fire him." Nandini closed her eyes shaking her head and then let out a breathe.

"Fine. Ask him to reach here in next half hour. And I won't tolerate delay of a one second." Nandini warned while Nia nodded and went out to call.

Fab 5 was sitting in Manik's cabin at Malhotra industries.

"Manik, tu toh bada chupa rustom nikla. I mean... The NM? Nandini Murthy?" Dhruv asked widening his eyes. Cabir laughed while Manik rubbed his neck.

Fab 3 got to know everything about Manik and Nandini. Cabir and Manik explained them everything happened till now. Including her past. And why not? They are FAB 5! There are no secrets between them. And Fab 3 are happy for Manik.

"Arey topiwale! Yeh toh kuch nahi. Abhi madam naraz hai toh yeh devdas bana ghoom raha hai. Varna toh majnu bana firta uske peeche." Cabir spoke laughing loudly giving hifi to Dhruv while Manik glared them hard.

"Ayee joker! You shut up! And Manik! Tu bol. Matlab sach mei? You love NM? You love her? No like? No crush? No attraction? Directly love? Monster Manik se Majnu Mani?" Manik rolled his eyes at Mukti's questions and held his head. Cabir and Dhruv secretly laughed.

"Mukti! Come on, What are you asking? Just look at his face. Bas karo yaar. You guys are irritating him with your teasings." Alia spoke. Fab 3 laughed.

"Thats what we love to do, Alu baby." Trio said in union to which Alia sighed while Manik ran behind them.

"Arey! Ruk ja monster. We just pulled your leg yaar." Cabir said to which Manik huffed and sat on couch. Fab 4 settled near him.

"Did you think of something? Any plan to get close?" Mukti asked Manik. Manik nodded.

"Plan toh kia hai. Let's see. If it works or-" someone knocks before he speak further.

"Come in."

Mac came inside while Manik stood up.

"Yes Mac? Work done?" Asked Manik to which Mac nodded.

"Yes boss. Deadline of half hour. Murthy industries." Saying this he left and Manik smirk mischiveously.

"Be ready, NM!"

There was a knock on door.

"Come in." Nandini spoke while sipping her black coffee. Manik came inside with his ever charming smile. Nandini looked at him and choked.

"Hey NM. Are you ok?" Manik asked innocently. Nandini nodded composing herself.

"What are you doing here, Mr. Malhotra? I guess your P.A was supposed to come." Nandini asked coldly.

"Oh yes. Of course. But the thing is, he had an emergency at his home. And I couldn't delay the meeting because that file was important and surely mac will be punished for his carelessness and the trouble he caused you." Said Manik professionally. Nandini cleared her throat.

"Hmm. Thats alright Mr. Malhotra. No need to punish. Mistake ho jati hai kabhi kabhi. Its alright." Manik looked at her with a raised brows.

"Well, thats true, NM. Mistake sab se hoti hai. We should forget and forgive. Right?" He asked looking straight into her eyes to which she just looked away.

"Lets get back to work. I have a meeting to attend after lunch." Nandini spoke avoiding the topic while Manik nodded.

They both kept on discussing and making notes while Manik was stealing glances of her in between. Soon they finished it nearly by 2 Pm.

"Alright then. All points cleared finally." Nandini said leaving a deep sigh. Manik had a smile on his face.

"Yeah. Thanks NM. And once again, sorry for the trouble." Manik said.

"Mention not, Mr. Malhotra."

Suddenly Manik's phone rang and he made faces. But soon his eyes twinkled and he attend the call.

"Hello"

"Hello ke bachche! Hai kaha tu? Abhi tak barbie ke cabin se nikla nahi Majnu?" Cabir snapped. Manik made innocent face looking at Nandini.

"No Mom. I dint have lunch yet. I'm very hungry. But what to do. Work is also important na." Manik said dramatically to which Cabir gawked on call. He looked at his phone and checked caller ID.

"Abey sale teri kaanpurline kharab hogayi ya phir barbie ne jor ki kaan ke niche bajayi jiski vajahse you can't recognize my voice? I'm cabir, you idiot!" Cabir shouted to which Manik made a sad face looking at Nandini who was also looking at him.

"Yeah Mom. I know. But you know na, I can't eat outside food now. As yesterday only I had stomachache. I'll have lunch after coming home only." Manik said to which Cabir widened his eyes.

"Saala jhootha! How much you will lie haan? Just one hour back you had burgers and pizza like you were hungry from ages. Aur phirse bhook lagi tujhe? Itni bhook late kahase ho yaar? Kitna thoosega aur?" Manik mentally killed Cabir 1000 times but kept his expression normal. Nandini looked restless.

"I know Mom. I dint had my breakfast but you know na I had important meeting. And yes, I'll come home till evening and then I'll have something. Because I have next meeting in another 1 hour. So now bye, I'll talk to you later. Love you." Saying this Manik ended the call. Cabir kept looking at phone with wide eyes.

"Had he lost his screw after meeting barbie?" He questioned himself and then chucked.

"Nah! Ye toh iska manufacturing defect hi hai. Chod cabir. Tu popcorn kha le." Saying this he started eating popcorn while watching movie.

Manik looked at Nandini and gave a smile while standing up.

"Okay NM! I should leave now. See ya!" Saying this he started walking towards the door.

Arey stop me! Stop me Golu. Just once. Oh God! Please please help. I want to have lunch with her. Give her some brains to stop me. Arey, are you waiting for me to sit in car and go! Stop me na you stubborn woman. Manik was chatting all this mentally.

When Manik was about to open the door Nandini called him.

"Mr. Malhotra.." Manik did dhina dhin dha in mind and immediately turned around grinning widely.

"Yes NM?" Nandini looked at him and found his smile weird.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" She asked to which he immediately came to his serious mode and nodded in no.

"Ah! Nothing just leave that. But NM, I'm highly disappointed by your this behavior." Manik said seriously. Nandini frowned.

"What I did?" She asked being confused.

"You insulted me just now calling me an idiot." He complained like a small baby. Nandini's lips curved a little hearing him but she composed herself and looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"What wrong did I say? You actually looked like that." She replied rolling her eyes. Manik frowned.

"No. You can't say like that to your client. Don't you know how to respect your client. And I'm toh Manik Malhotra! The Manik Malhotra. How can you insult me on my face?" Manik said in his usual attitude.

"Oh please, I can say anything and everything to my fr-" Nandini stopped abruptly and looked at Manik who was looking at her with a smirk.

"Fr means, you wanted to say- friend ah? I don't mind let's be friends." He said coming forward to which she widened her eyes.

"No. I.. I just wanted to say that. You can have a lunch with me. It's from my home." Nandini said avoiding the topic. Manik smirked more.

"Oh but how will I have my lunch with you? We are strangers na? Strangers don't share food." Manik shrugged. Nandini gave him a look.

"We are not strangers."

"Then what are we, NM?" Nandini looked at him and replied.

"You are my client. Not any stranger. We know each other. So I can offer you a lunch professionally. Now if your questions are over, can we have it?" Nandini said sarcastically. Manik shrugged.

"Alright. If you are insisting so much." He said with a teasing smile. Jerk! Punishment mei bhi teasing nahi chodna isey. Nandini cursed him in mind.

Nandini called Nia and she helped them with arranging lunch. Nandini looked at her.

"Thanks Nia. And yeah, we will leave by 4 pm for Mehta's site. Be ready." Nia nodded and left.

They both had their lunch with Manik's indirect teasings and Nandini's irritating face. Soon they completed and Manik stood up to leave.

"Thank you so much for your delicious lunch, NM. You actually calmed my hunger." Nandini nodded.

"That's not needed. Next time, keep your lunch with yourself. Don't skip it." Nandini said. Manik felt happy seeing care in her eyes for him. He nodded.

"Sure. Bye." Nandini nodded and he left.

Nandini settled on couch while throwing her head back with closed eyes.

4:30 PM, Malhotra Industries

Manik was leaving from his office to meet Fab 4 when he heard something.

"Arey did you see the news, that construction site had major mishap." Manik stopped on his tracks hearing one employee. He moved near him. Employee stood up.

"Evening sir!"

"Evening! About which construction site you are talking about and what happened there?" Manik asked with a thumping heart. He was getting negative vibes.

"Sir R.N. Mehta's construction site. It had a bomb blast. The people inside found injured and dead too." Manik felt his whole world is spinning around.

He clearly heard Nandini saying her P.A about their visit. No! This can't happen. His mind screamed.

"Show me the news right now." Manik banged on his table while he immediately opened the news channel fearing for his anger. And the news was enough to snatch Manik's breath away.

"There's a major bomb blast at R.N. Mehta's construction site. According to our sources we got to know that people are severely injured while some found dead. And a new shocking information we got is, Nandini Murthy, CEO of Murthy Industries, along with her P.A was present there when the blast was done."

Screen freezes on Manik's numb face.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro