5. Emotions

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Abhi was driving the car at maximum speed breaking all the rules of traffic. Ansh was shouting and asking Abhi to drive more fast and was trying to wake Nandini.

"Nandi, baby, open your eyes. Look at bhai. See I, I'm crying. You don't like me crying na. You- you said once that I look like ghost while crying. See, I'm crying and looking like ghost. Won't you tease me? Haan? Aee Nandi, uth na." Ansh choked at his words and shook her who had lost her consciousness. Abhi's eyes were all red.

"Bhai, bhai.. she's getting cold. Please drive fast. I- I'm scared bhai. Nandi!" He sobbed hiding her in his chest and rubbing her arms to give her warmth.

Soon their car halted outside the hospital and Ansh ran inside hospital shouting for doctor. Abhi ran back of him.

"Doctor, Doctor!"

Soon doctor arrived and Ansh put Nandini on stretcher. Doctor checked her pulse and breathe.

"Her pulse is dropping. Breathing is dangerously low. Get her to ICU fast!" Doctor asked ward boys and soon they took her to ICU. Ansh was entering along with them when doctor stopped him.

"Mr. Murthy, you please stay here. I'll inform you about her condition."

"But doctor, she, she was so scared. She was crying. She needs me. Please let me come inside with you." Ansh choked while crying.

"Calm down, Mr. Murthy. Please let us do our work. She will be fine. We will try our best. Please." Saying this doctor entered inside ICU after patting Ansh's shoulder.

Ansh slowly moved back gazing at the door of ICU. His back touched the wall and he slided down on floor with a thud. Abhi moved towards him and about to keep his hand on him when he spoke.

"Thank you for helping me and sorry for disturbing you this late. You can go now. I'll handle." Ansh said blankly staring at ICU. Abhi's heart jolted. He dropped on floor beside him.

"Ansh, what are you saying? How- how can you say like that? Main- we are a family. You are my brother and she is my-" he stopped in mid abruptly. Ansh looked at him and chuckled.

"What happened? Why you stopped in middle? Complete your sentence na. Who's she to you?" Abhi turned his face away and kept quiet. Ansh shook his head.

"I got my answer. So leave." He closed his eyes in pain and spoke.

Abhi looked at him and then at ICU. His body was shivering. Throat dry. He tried to convince Ansh.

"Ansh, please. Let me stay. What if you need someone suddenly? How will you manage alone?" He said stammering a bit.

Ansh opened his eyes and looked at him. He was pleading him through his eyes. Ansh sighed.

He can see that Abhi was dieing inside seeing her condition but will not speak a word about it. His hatred was bigger than his love for his doll. He just gave Abhi a curt nod and again closed his eyes. Abhi just sat there quietly staring at ICU with longing eyes and wiped the tear quickly which left from his eyes.

One hour later,

Doctor came out of ICU. Hearing door opening sound both Ansh and Abhi got alerted. They rushed towards him.

"How's Nandi, doctor? Is she up? What happened to her suddenly?" Ansh asked worriedly.

"She's out of danger now. You guys brought her here on time or else it would have been difficult to save her." Doctor stated making them shock. Ansh asked while choking on his words.

"H-How she-"

"As you informed, she had a nightmare. Which scared her to the hell. Her emotions were at peak and stress level crossed it's line. That nightmare triggered her badly and she felt suffocated. On the top of that she definitely missed her medicine dose and That was the reason she suffered asthama attack." Doctor said.

"How's the situation now?" Abhi dared to ask. Ansh looked at him.

"She's stable. And situation is under control. We have given her oxygen as she couldn't breathe. She will be discharged in couple of days. We have to keep her under observation for atleast one day." Abhi nodded.

"When she'll be up?" Ansh asked.

"In an hour or two. She's under sedatives. You can meet her once she's up but make sure she doesn't remove her oxygen mask and don't stress her." Ansh nodded and doctor left.

"She's fine now. You go home. Amms is alone too." Ansh told Abhi.

"No I'll stay. Let her get conscious. Then I-"

" What will you do staying here till she get up? Are you going to meet her? To ask her about her well being? Or going to shower your love on her?" Asked Ansh mocking at him. Abhi closed his fist tight.

"I'm not your enemy as you think, Ansh. I have my reasons for my behavior towards her. You can't deny the fact that she herself ruined everything. This situation is also-"

"Because of her. Right? Now also you are blaming her only. I so knew it. You don't have even a single percent love for her. Just felt pity on us, no? Sorry to say but we don't need your sympathy or pity. We are enough for each other and I'm strong enough to take care of my sister!" Ansh spoke coldly to which Abhi just left from there furiously. Ansh called his P.A.

"Take care of the media. The reason of why NM is hospitalized shouldn't go out. And also, no one enters in hospital to meet her without my permission. You know what I'm speaking, right? I have talked with doctor already. Tighten the security."

Ansh ended the call and sat on nearby chair resting his head on wall.

Next morning,
Malhotra Mansion-

Niyonika was serving breakfast to all. When Manik received a call.

"Yes Mac?"

"What? Why? I mean-"

"Ohkay. Will discuss about it later. Keep giving me updates about it."

Manik ended the call. He looked restless. Everyone noticed.

"What happened Mannu? What did mac said?" Mac is a secretary of Manik. He informed Manik about Nandini being hospitalized.

"Nothing mom. NM is hospitalized." Manik informed them.

"The same one about whom you were talking yesterday?" Niyonika asked to which he nodded.

"What happened to her suddenly?" This time Cabir the great asked.

"Reason is unknown to all. Just news is spreading like fire that NM is sick." He said with a frown. Cabir nodded.

"Manik you should visit her once. Yesterday only we finalized deal with Murthys. They are our clients." Raj spoke to which Manik nodded almost immediately.

"I'll visit her today only, Dad." Raj nodded. Niyonika and Cabir dint fail to notice the desperation in Manik's tone. They both looked at each other and gave a known smile.

"How are you feeling now?" Ansh asked Nandini who woke up from deep slumber. She regained her senses long back but because of medicine effect and tiredness she slept again.

"I'm fine, bhai." Nandini replied calmly looking at him. He just looked down and held her hand in his.

"You scared me." Said Ansh and his tears fell on her hand. She squeezed his hand gently. He looked at her with tears.

"I'm sorry, bhai. Please don't cry. I'm fine now." She said wiping his tears. He held her hand and kissed it gently.

"Never do that with me again. Never ever. I don't have anyone other than you." Nandini nodded silently. She had a look at room, towards the door. Ansh sighed knowing for whom she was searching.

"Bhai was here all night. He left sometime before." He told her. Her expression changed. Her face was blank.

"I dint ask about it, bhai. I don't expect anything from anyone." She said coldly. Ansh just shook his head.

"You take rest, I'll just come meeting your doctor." She nodded and Ansh left pecking her forehead. She closed her eyes.

As soon as Ansh left, door got opened slowly and someone entered inside. The person kept looking at her from far. Then suddenly came near her. He was about to touch her hairs but took his hand back. He kept standing near her unsure of his actions. But after fighting a lot with his mind, he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and left immediately.

Nandini opened her eyes hearing the sound of door.

"You care, bhaiyu. You still care."

Manik entered in the hospital where Nandini was admitted. His PA had a talk with Ansh's PA who gave permission to meet Nandini after talking with Ansh. He was moving forward when he met Sheetal, Nandini's employee who's father suffered heart attack a day before.

"How's your father now?" Manik asked her.

"Hello sir. My father is fine now. All because of Nandini ma'am." Manik gave her confused look.

"What? But she dint even let you go to meet your father." He spoke. Sheetal smiled faintly.

"Nandini ma'am isn't what she shows to world. She's very kind and helpful girl. Yesterday after office hours---"

And Sheetal told him all the incident. Manik felt very happy hearing her. She isn't heartless, he thought.

"She helped me and see now herself is admitted here being sick. May god make her fine soon. Such a bubbly and chirpy soul crushed in cruel game of destiny." She spoke sadly. Manik got alerted hearing her.

"What do you mean?" He asked immediately.

"Nandini ma'am wasn't like this. She was very bubbly, chirpy and full of life. But after her-"

"Miss Sheetal, doctor is calling you." Nurse informed her cutting her sentence. Sheetal nodded.

"I have to go now, sir. Have a good day." Manik nodded.

She wasn't like this. What must have happened with her which changed her this much? She seems very calm always. Yesterday also dint react when I got angry. She seems really different.

Manik had many questions in his mind. But most important question was-

Why I'm feeling to know about her? Why her health matters to me? Why I felt restless hearing her being sick. Why I felt happy hearing she's not heartless but a kind girl? Why her matters affecting me? What's this damn feeling?

Screen freezes on Manik's lost face.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro