-16-

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A / N
🏳️‍🌈✌🏻

Taehyung P.O.V

I sighed in relief when Jennie left the room.

It's not like I hate her, but I don't like her either. We used to be pretty close before, as in before she started dating Jimin.

I guess she's really insecure, because she dislikes anyone being close to him.

Unfortunately for her, Jimin is a flirt, and pretty irresistible. He's very loyal though, and I honestly think she should calm down.

She would always be unnecessarily rude to me, because I was his best friend, and spent all my time with him. I would just return the behaviour.

However, I think she's changing a bit.

'She's becoming more comfortable with Jimin and also with him being around anyone else. She's even being kind to me,' I thought, gripping the tie in my hand a bit more harshly.

It felt soft and expensive against my palm. I smiled a little.

To be honest, though, she wasn't always like this. It all started when Jimin came out as being bisexual. That was when she got extra possessive over him.

I remember an incident when Jennie literally pulled a girl's hair in Chemistry class, because apparently she was 'sitting too close'. I shuddered upon remembering that.

Boy, that was a freaky cat fight.

"Tae, you there?" I heard Jimin say.

I shook my head, and looked up from my phone. "Huh? Yeah, I'm here. Were you saying something?"

"Oh, just asked if you liked the tie Jen gave you," Jimin replied, with a soft smile.

"Oh yeah, it's cool, I guess," I said, shrugging.

I loved the tie, but I didn't wanna show it, because it was Jennie who gave it to me.

"Just cool?! I thought you'd be more excited."

"I mean, it's just a tie. . ."

"Says the guy with the tie fetish."

Jimin snorted.

"Tie fetish? I don't have anything of that sort," I said, glaring at my best friend.

"Oh, yeah, for sure," Jimin said sarcastically, placing the scarf on the table.

"Excuse you. I love ties a normal amount," I said, folding my arms.

"Normal amount, my ass," Jimin snorted again, "that particular section of your wardrobe, filled with ties, arranged colour-coded, if you may, tells a different story, though."

His words caused me to turn a delicate shade of red.

"Uh, let's not talk about that. Anyways, what time's the party?" I asked, trying to change the topic.

Jimin just laughed, and said, "It's at 8 P.M. I think."

I nodded my head, and said, "Well, we have a lot of time, then. Wanna watch something?"

Jimin agreed and walked over to the couch.

We chose a random movie, and snuggled up together under the blankets.

The movie was hella boring, and I almost dozed off twice. I was more than glad when the movie got over. I looked up at the little clock above the television, and saw that it was almost 7 P.M.

Jimin stretched, and waddled over to the washroom. I just settled comfortably on the couch, and placed a pillow on the other end, bringing my blanket over my head.

-

"Tae,"

I groaned when I felt someone flick my forehead.

"Tae, you motherfucker, wake up!"

I lazily opened my eyes.

"What do you want, Jimin?" I asked, annoyed.

"It's already eight, now, get up," Jimin said, pulling my hands.

"Ugh, let me sleep, you midget," I said, sleepily.

"Bitch, I let you sleep for like, an hour."

Jimin sounded exasperated.

"Just one hour? No wonder, I still feel so sleepy."

I was rubbing my eyes, when I heard Jimin say in a tone that sounded threatening, "Tae, I swear to god, I will splash water on you, if you don't get up in the next three seconds."

I just scoffed, and closed my eyes again.

"Three. . . two. . ." Jimin said with a pause. I lazily opened one eye, and looked at Jimin.

'He won't actually do it, right?'

"One. . . well, okay then, don't tell me I didn't warn you," Jimin said, slowly walking away. I immediately sat up straight, and looked at Jimin with wide eyes.

"Well, guess that worked. I should just skip to the threatening part next time."

I rolled my eyes, and muttered out a 'Yeah whatever', before looking at the time myself.

7:50 P.M.

I scoffed, heading to the washroom.

I got out after almost falling asleep on the commode again. I almost choked after what I saw next.

Jimin looking as fabulous as ever.

He was wearing a velvety black suit, paired with leather pants. His hair was styled up, parted to expose a part of his forehead. A set of grey contacts were placed on the table beside him.

Jimin was struggling to put the scarf around him, and looked at me with a tired look.

"I can't put the damn thing on. Tae, help me," he said, pouting. I cooed at him, and walked over.

I took the scarf from him, and stood in front, placing it around his neck. I wrapped it twice, and pulled the loose ends through the loop.

His neck is so long.

I finally looked up, and felt my breath hitch. Jimin just looked so beautiful, it hurt.

He was looking back at me with soft eyes. He was still pouting, and I wanted to poke his cute, marshmallow cheeks. I suddenly realized how close we were, and I took a step back.

"Okay, all done," I said, with a soft smile.

"Thanks, Tae, but this is a little tight," Jimin said, hooking his index finger between his neck and the scarf.

I muttered an apology and slowly loosened it. "Is it better now?" I asked, my gaze falling on his slender neck.

Jimin was saying something, but it all felt like a blur to me.

All I had in my mind was how pretty the scarf looked around his neck. The way his Adam's apple bobbed up and down as he spoke. Oh, how it would look with my hand around it instead of the scarf—

I quickly shook my head, and stepped back, appalled at my thoughts. 'How could I think of my best friend like that?!'

"Tae, are you okay? Is something wrong?" Jimin asked, with a worried look on his face.

"N-no, nothing's wrong. I'm gonna go change," I said, quickly picking up my outfit, and rushing to the washroom, feeling ashamed to even meet his gaze.

I shut the door behind me, and looked into the mirror, breathing heavily. "Oh God, what the hell is wrong with me?" I muttered to myself, continually slapping my face.

I looked back up and was startled by the aghast and pale face staring back at me. I placed my hands on either sides of the sink, and closed my eyes.

After a few minutes of pointless thinking, I finally opened my eyes, and lifted my head. I quickly changed into my outfit, and got out, fiddling with the long sleeves.

"Oh, look, My little Tae is all grown up now!" Jimin said, fake sniffling. I looked up, and that's when I realized something very important.

I loved Jimin.

As a best friend.

No, as a soulmate.

There were always moments when I doubted this, but now I was sure.

He was always there for me, and always helped me when I was down. I had almost mistaken the love I had for him, as something more. I smiled, more sure of myself.

I was internally beating myself up, because I thought I had feelings for my best friend, but now I knew. This is something much more deeper and meaningful.

But then again, even a straight guy would go gay for Jimin. A year ago, something called the 'Jimin Effect' was going around the campus, and now I had fallen prey to it too.

I don't blame myself. He's unreal.

Another thing I realized, was that I was gay as fuck.

Girls never really interested me, and if I was being honest, they slightly intimidated me. Jennie being the best example.

The first time I had ever doubted my sexuality, was in high school. There was a new transfer student, and goddamn, was he handsome.

He used to sit in front of me, and as time went on, we became quite close. Every time I saw him, my heart would race. I thought it was because I had made another friend, and that's what I had tried to tell myself since then.

The second instance, being the time I bumped into this dude while in line to get a drink. I visited the cafe, almost everyday, just to get a glimpse of him.

Oh, and I was forced to drink the awful coffee because of him too. Pretty sure he's the reason I dislike it now.

Anyways, turns out, the cashier was his girlfriend, and never had I felt more upset.

But, I hadn't really questioned my sexuality over it. Some people are just so beautiful, that your sexuality doesn't matter, you just fall for them. That guy was one of them, and so is Jimin, I realise now.

There were a few more instances, but I had brushed them all of, not wanting to come to terms with the fact that I could be, well, not straight.

I mean, it's not a bad thing. Heck, almost half the people in this campus are as straight as a circle.

Once Jimin came out as bisexual, I thought that maybe I was bi too. I went out with a few girls, and I never felt that spark that I always yearned for.

But now, I was more sure than I would ever be. I was gay, and couldn't be happier.

I felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off of me, which I guess in a way, is exactly what happened. Once you start doubting your sexuality, you're always feeling lost and don't know your purpose, till you find a solid answer.

And now, I've found mine.

"Jeez, Tae, are you alright? You keep zoning out," Jimin said, waving his tiny hands in front of my face. I got out of my trance, and smiled at him. A bright, boxy smile at that.

"Woah, that's creepy dude. Don't smile like tha—" Jimin was cut off, when I suddenly started laughing.

"I'm just happy, Chim. I realized some things, and I feel. . . free now."

"Oh? Well, I'm happy for you, then. But don't smile so much. It kinda creeps me out," Jimin said, giving me a toothy grin.

"Hush, child. I'mma smile more, just to annoy you now."

I grabbed Jimin and held him in a headlock, giving him a playful noogie. He just whined, and wiggled out of my grasp.

"Ugh, anyways, we're quite late now. Should we leave?" Jimin asked, wearing a pair of black derbies. I hummed, slipping on my boots.

-

We were making our way to the Sports Center, where the party was being held.

It was a twenty minute walk from the boys dorm, and this was one of those times when I wished our campus wasn't so big.

"God, why is it so hot right now?" Jimin growled.

"Maybe because of all the layers we're wearing right now. Plus, these leather pants are annoying," I said, pulling at the sides of the pants, and pinching my thigh by mistake. I winced, rubbing my thighs.

"Well, it's part of the dress code, though, and no one in their right mind would ignore it, especially since the party's being hosted by Jisoo and Joonie."

"Oh, that girl can be scary if she wants to. Wait, that reminds me. When is hyung going to fix our lock?!"

"I know right? We've asked him to change it three times, yet he never remembers. IQ 148? Yeah, right," Jimin scoffed, causing me to let out a laugh.

"Let's remind him about it later at the party," I said, staring ahead, fascinated by the way the streetlights illuminated the seemingly empty campus.

I scrunched my eyebrows, and said, "Where is everyone? I would've expected the campus to be hustling and bustling with students, because of the party."

We finally reached the 'party arena', and heard faint music coming from inside.

Jimin opened the doors, and said, "I'm not sure, maybe—" He stopped in between, and I looked ahead with widened eyes. "Well, never mind that. They're all here."

And indeed they were. Jisoo's parties were said to be popular, but this?

This was something else entirely. Nearly everyone was drunk, with a few people in clusters sitting around; either dancing somewhere, drinking or just talking.

A few really tipsy people were stumbling around, gripping onto their drinks.

'Having so many drunken people can destroy this building,' I thought to myself.

Jimin nudged me, and said, "Well, aren't we late? Seems like the entire campus got here before us."

I looked at him, confused, as I couldn't hear anything over the pounding music.

He just sighed, and shouted, "Let's go."

I still couldn't hear him, and gave him a 'What the fuck look.'

He stomped his feet, and stood on his tip toes, pulling me by the ear. I bent down a bit, wincing and trying my best to block out the music.

He muttered some shit in my ear that I still couldn't hear, but I was afraid he might beat me up if I asked him again, so I just nodded.

Jimin pulled me by my arm, and I just followed him, walking past the sticky people that were clinging onto each other.

As we were wandering around, I looked around admiring the details that went into planning this. Black and pink decorations were hanging everywhere.

From the ceiling, from the walls, even from the lit up pink fairy lights. They were seemingly the only light source, and gave the entire place a pinkish glow. A beautiful, candescent vibe.

I assumed people were more sane an hour back, but now, the drinks in their system were dominating them.

All I could hear was the thump of the music, and my heart. My veins throbbing because of the atmosphere, the excitement reaching up to me too.

The air was tight and hot, flavored with the skunky odour of spilled alcohol. Music shook the windowpanes, and had everyone bouncing to the beat.

We pushed our way past the clusters, and I sighed in relief, when the song slowed down to a more peaceful one. As if the music was controlling the bodies of the students, they all relaxed, swaying lightly to the melody.

I finally saw the mini bar located at the far end, and smiled upon seeing a familiar face, who seemed to be looking in our direction already. Seokjin hyung, my brother, well, cousin.

We came closer, and that's when I saw the man sitting next to him, looking at us, with a glass in his hand.

Another familiar face.

He was wearing a black turtleneck top, which showed off his buff figure, in a very sexy way. He was wearing leather pants too. His legs could compete with Jimin's.

They're thick.

His long hair was tied back this time, a couple strands of his hair, left untamed, to fall over his right eye. His doe eyes were even more round now, staring up and down my figure in awe.

I smirked.

He began coughing violently, choking on his drink, I assumed. His cheeks were flushed, still staring at me. Cute.

We finally came face to face. "Handsomeness runs in the family, huh, Jin," he muttered.

I smirked some more. Hyung came closer and embraced me in a hug.

"Jungkook, meet my soulmate and best friend, Kim Taehyung," Jimin said, grinning. I cooed internally.

The guy, Jungkook, apparently, brought his hand forward. I noticed that it was really veiny. I felt a tingle in my body after seeing his veiny hands.

Stay calm, you idiot, don't seem desperate.

I put on an uninterested facade and brought my own hand, shaking it with his. His hands were a bit smaller, yet looked muscular because of his tattoos.

The moment our skin touched, I felt a weird sensation, almost like an electric shock, make its way up my spine. His hands, encompassed in mine, just felt right. It fit in the most perfect way possible.

As if his hands were meant to be in mine.

As soon as I brought my hand away, my hand felt empty. I craved for the warmth I had felt a second back.

This man was. . . interesting. He made me feel things I hadn't felt in a long time; ever actually. Very weird things.

My eyes were glued to him, and he was looking back with equal intensity. It was as if we were communicating through our eyes.

Our incessant stare went on for a few minutes, before Jungkook gulped, breaking our intense eye contact.

But, the look he gave me before looking away, was embedded in my mind. I could still see the clear emotions in his eyes.

Confusion, determination, lust?

No, it must just be my imagination. Or maybe it was the way I felt? But I can never let anyone know about it. I know how to hide my feelings.

"Why don't you introduce yourself?" My stepbrother nudged him, smiling slightly.

He must've noticed it too.

"Huh? Oh, yes," he cleared his throat too, and looked at me once again, but this time, he seemed more unwaveringly confident.

"Kim Taehyung, right?" He said, tilting his head slightly, delicately pronouncing my name.

I nodded, staring at his pretty pink lips. I love the way he says my name.

"Well, I'm Jeon Jungkook."

A / N

[051221,, this chapter has been revamped.]

Pride month just got over, but here's a last gift from us, in regards to it.
It's considerably shorter, but we hope y'all like it 😼

And yes, the fun (🌚) has started.
Oh, it's gonna be a bumpy ride😏

And till we publish new chaps, in case it takes time, don't be shy to reread the book and spam us with comments, because we love spam comments on our books *puppy eyes*

Just an extra info,, the descriptions of the same thing may be different, and shorter because that's how the particular person (who's POV it is) sees it. You would have surely seen the differences in the way Tae and Kook describe Jimin's appearance, and the way they describe the party's atmosphere. That's just because they see it in that way.

Anyways, we love y'all! Stay safe

~ VeXo💜
:]
[:

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro