11/11/22

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

First of all, happy Veteran's Day and thank you to those who have served.  I'm not a fan of wars or anything, but I blame those on governments.  Soldiers are heroes who put their lives on the line.  That sort of thing requires bravery on a level I'm not sure I possess.

In other news, I wrote a tiny little bit on the Infinity Box for the first time in forever yesterday and it felt good.  I knew it had been a long time, but I've been keeping a little progress log and when I checked I realized I hadn't worked on it since January 4th of this year.  More than ten months!  Goodness, that's way too long.  I probably bit off a bit more than I could chew this year and it's gotten pushed to the backburner by other projects, including this silly little daily log.  I also participated in a couple short story competitions and then I wrote Super Screwup for the Open Novella Contest earlier this year.  I've had some long stretches where I really haven't felt inspired to write and that's probably been reflected in some really weak entries in this here log.  I've also been writing and recording a song a week for Weekly Beats this year and that's really taken up a lot of my creative attention.  I seem to sometimes have trouble evenly splitting my focus between writing and music.  I usually start to go way more in on one more than the other for a while and this year it's  been more music.  I did pretty well at balancing it while I was writing the novella but it was hard to sustain once I was done with that.  On the other hand my music probably got better once I finished writing the novella as well.

Anyway, I'm going to see if I can't get a little more work done on the Infinity Box before 2022 closes out and then maybe I can move it more to the front of the line in 2023 and get this sucker finally finished off.  I feel bad because I'll occasionally get a reader who tears through Tourist Trap and Doorways to Everywhere and then I see them starting on the Infinity Box and it isn't finished yet.  I used to not like to post stuff at all until it was totally finished partially for this reason, but then I started doing it because for a while it helped inspire me to keep writing.  I guess I fell off of that somewhere along the way, but I really do intend to finish that bad boy off.  It's really taken me way too long.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro