12/30/22

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Happy Birthday KIm!

Well, the year's just about done and therefore so is this daily journal.  It looks like I'm going to make it to the end and have pretty much managed to write something every day.  I know there were a couple days where I was very late getting the update in, including forgetting until after midnight, but I'm going to let those slide and say I got an entry in every day this year.

I'll say this was an interesting experiment.  I think I definitely want to take a break, so I won't be doing it for 2023, but who knows?  Maybe I'll try it again in another year down the road.  There were definitely some days this year where it really felt like an obligation, I had no inspiration, and I didn't feel like doing it.  It shows in some of the entries, but I somehow forced myself to get something posted and that's good.  I kind of knew that would be the case going into the year.  I also found it was better to just muster up an entry earlier in the day because if I allowed myself to put it off I'd find myself in the situation where it was suddenly bedtime and I hadn't written anything yet.  Those rush jobs definitely were not great entries on the whole.

That said, this was never meant to be any kind of profoundly deep or serious endeavor.  More of just a fun exercise.  I did think maybe I'd do some more different kinds of writing like micro fiction or poetry, but it ended up being more just a log of my thoughts, which is fine, too.  At times it felt like it was getting to be a bit too much of a journal about my day and I never wanted it to be that either, so when it felt like it was leaning that way I tried to steer it off that path.  

I also felt like I was repeating myself a lot.  I didn't go back and re-read anything along the way, so I'm not positive but there were several times I'd come up with an idea and then I'd think hey wait, have I already done this?  I'm not sure.  It's entirely possible and probably even likely that some entries cover the same ground.  I guess that's okay, too.  It would be sort of interesting to see how I talk about the same thing on different days.  

So there's one more day to go.  See you tomorrow and then I'm out of here.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro