3: The Runaway Wolf

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I totally forgot I was meeting Haru at five! Legoshi ran around outside, searching for the little white rabbit, but for some reason he wasn't able to smell her very well. It was if the scent was erased from his brain.

"Did your nose get bad or something?" Haru's small voice spoke as she touched his cold snout.

Immediately, he dropped to his knees and took her hands.

"Haru... I--"

"I want you to let me speak first... Y-You see, I--"

"Tonight, I would like to introduce all of you to another one of our members. He's a male wolf who accomplished a very brave deed." Juno's voice distracted Haru. She knew that he had to be talking about Legoshi. "He went looking for a missing student all by himself... and saved her with his life on the line."

"What is she doing?! She's not supposed to blab about any of this!" You exclaimed to Fudge, Riz and Moro. "Everyone said."

"She hasn't said anything about you, at least." Fudge patted your paw.

"Did you really think she would miss such an opportunity?" Dom asked.

"I... I guess not..."

"He acted with wonderful courage as a carnivore." Juno's fangs were bared in a smile. "Now, Legoshi. Please get up here."

Legoshi looked at Haru apologetically. This conversation would have to wait. Although the original intent had changed for him, it was still important to tell Haru how he had felt.

I'm so uncomfortable... He thought as he walked up the stage. Her fur is so rough... Is that what others think of mine? No... YN... She called it soft...

"Everyone, etch this scene into your memory." Juno began. "The day before the festival, he knew that his fellow schoolmate went missing... he spent the following day and night risking life and limb to save her. Even despite the recent tragedies that have happened... I want to show you that this is what a carnivore is really made of! Tremendous strength. Hidden potential. And absolute splendor!"

No. Legoshi was sweating and panting. No, no, that's wrong! I've seen with my own eyes how terrifying the feral instincts of carnivores are! Their hidden potential shouldn't be praised. There's not even a mite of splendor in it.

"Carnivores have an established desire to help herbivores whenever they're in need. A simple feeling of sympathy. There's evidence to back that up... That is, of course, the fact that he didn't save the student for his personal self-interest!"

Oh, God, that's so wrong! And why is she holding my hand?! Legoshi heard the praise and applause around him. The carnivores started clapping first, he could tell by the sound of sharp claws hitting against each other. But eventually the herbivores joined in.

That just left one little omnivore sitting on the sidelines.

"I don't have him, still, do I?" You asked out loud to no one in particular. The mood was dark.

"No." Dom whispered.

"No, YN." Fudge looked down.

"...I guess not..." Kibi sighed.

"Poor, omni-baby." Pina's familiar voice was behind you. "But you know, you will always have us."

"Oh, Pina!" You gave him a strong hug.

"Come with us. Els, Ellen, San and I... And Tem would have... we all light candles together for our friendship." He smiled.

"But.. if you go with Els and San goes with Ellen, or whatever, there won't be anyone left for me... I guess you have to be a couple to get to light a candle."

"Oh, but look around, my omnivorous friend." He waved his hand. "Perhaps they aren't your first picks, but you get to have any one you choose. There's Dom, who will never make you uncomfortable by hitting on you..." Dom laughed and held out a hand. "Fudge, who knows a lot about your experience." Fudge followed suit. "Kibi, who's just happy to be here..."

"Hey!" he protested.

"Even Kai. Because I know he's not that much of a jerk."

Kai rolled his eyes but put out a hand.

"All of these animals love you, YN. They're not going to leave you at the sight of another attractive mate."

"I migh-- OW!" Kai whined as Kibi punched him.

"Just say the word. Any one of them will light a candle with you."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro