[3]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The truth is, when I went out of the house, my father is still sleeping. My mother, on the other hand, was awake, but she just ignored me and went on to her daily routine as if nothing special was happening today.

It hurts. It hurts so much that they were actually ignoring my graduation day. I've really disappointed them that much.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I discreetly got it out. I had to hide a smile when I saw that I had a couple of messages from my boyfriend.

Jason: Hey, love

Jason: Congratulations!

Jason: Love you so much

I quickly sent "Love you too, talk to you later" and put my phone back in my pocket before anyone noticed.

With e newfound determination, I went back to focus on the ceremony. Those messages just reminded me why I kept going. It was a farfetched dream, but it's the only thing that gives me the will to live.

Soon enough, it was time for us to be awarded our medals and diplomas.

Our class was asked to fall in line beside the stage in alphabetical order of surnames. Like before, I found myself in front of Lucy.

She must have said something to her dad cause they were both quiet and just gave me contemplative glances. I just ignored them cause honestly, I don't want their pity. I just want to get this thing over with.

One by one, my classmates are called. Some receiving highest honors, and some receiving high honors.

Our school has three different levels of awarding honors. Highest honors are awarded to those who got at least 98% GWA. High honors are awarded to those whose GWA is around 95% through 97%, and regular honors are awarded to those whose GWA is around 90% through 93%.

Most of my classmates either received high or highest honors. However...

"Willows, Belladona. With honors."

...I only got regular honors. And that is what disappointed my family the most.

I hesitantly climbed up the stage and shook hands with our school principal and class adviser as I received my diploma.

"Where are your parents?" my class adviser asked as she held the bronze medal in her hand.

I quickly scanned the crowd, hoping to see anyone in our family, even if it's just my aunt, uncle, or cousin.

But there was no one that came.

"They're busy," I muttered. "Can't come."

My teacher said nothing. Instead, she just guided me to the center of the stage and put my medal on my neck. I forced a wavering smile as the photographer took a picture of us side by side before I practically dashed down the stage and into the bathroom.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro