[4]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Once I got to a bathroom stall, tears flowed from my eyes. I took out a towel to muffle my crying just in case someone enters the bathroom.

It hurts. It just fucking hurts. Before the ceremony started, I had a small hope that at least one of my family members would come to see me graduate despite what my parents told me a few nights ago.

The results came out, and no one was more disappointed than I am.

Sure, I've gotten regular honors for the past 6 years now, which is pretty average back then. They lowered their standards this year, however, as the majority of my classmates got either high or highest honors. And I just had regular honors.

It hurts, but it hurts even more when my parents called me into their room and berated and told me how angry and disappointed they are. 

But their last words to me stung the most.

"I don't care what anyone says. We won't be coming to your graduation ceremony and become embarrassed to be among those parents whose children got higher honors than you did."

I tried to calm myself down enough to stop crying. It already happened, there's no point dwelling over it. There's no fucking point in crying over it.

I went out of the stall, and to my relief, the bathroom was empty. I faced the mirror and winced at how much of a mess I am.

What a fucking disappointment. You deserve what happened today. You deserve that pain because it's your fault. 

Your fault. What a disappointment.

I tried to wash off any sign of me crying and only barely succeeded. I managed to fix myself back up and stared at the mirror, contemplating if I should just leave the ceremony or not.

With a sigh, I went out of the bathroom and back to my chair, where I found Lucy waiting for me.

"Upset stomach?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah... you could say that."

We spent the rest of the ceremony in relative silence until the ceremony was over, where I went straight to the entrance of the hall before Lucy stopped me.

"Picture?" she asked with pleading eyes, to which I couldn't just say no.

I plastered a wide smile as her father took a picture of the two of us. Sure, I love Lucy as she's my best friend, but I'm just not in the goddamn mood for this bullshit.

After a couple of pictures, I excused myself, saying that I really need to go home before my parents worry. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro