[5]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I ditched my toga after the ceremony, which is now resting on the bag I'm currently carrying, and I'm looking forward to ditching this uniform as soon as I can.

I quickly headed home, finding it locked to both my relief and disappointment. On one hand, I don't want to face them after what happened, but on the other hand, it hurts to get shown another proof that they don't care.

Thank god I always bring my copy of the house keys with me everywhere so I didn't have to wait for my parents to go home just to get into the house. 

I quickly changed into a pair of jogger pants and a crop top hoodie and sat down on my bed with a sigh.

I felt drained, and it's just about noon. Considering I fed half of my small breakfast to my dogs, I guess it's understandable that I'm hungry.

Speaking of my dogs, I haven't seen them anywhere. Usually, when I go home, they immediately go greet me.

But today, the house was quiet. No footsteps, no barking.

Dread formed in my stomach. My parents have been threatening this for months if I didn't improve my grades.

The front door swung open and my parents walked in with blank faces upon seeing me. I almost didn't want to ask, but I have to know.

"Where's Hope and Chance?" 

My dad immediately excused himself upstairs as my mom turned to me with a glare.

"They're gone. We left them somewhere far away from here."

My mom continued to speak but I stopped listening. My dogs... they're gone. Lost somewhere out there with no food or shelter, left to die by my own parents. A punishment for my own mistake. The consequence of my actions.

I felt pain like no other. It's like someone hit me hard with a baseball bat on the chest, only that the pain wasn't physical.

I don't know what to do. Cry? Shout? Curse my parents for what they did? Throw a tantrum? Break everything in sight?

Any of those seems tempting, but I know it would only make things worse. And so, I did what I do best. Form a blank face, and run away from my emotions by burying them.

I stared at my mom blankly and stood up, walking calmly to my room. I packed my wallet, tablet, and a couple of other stuff and slung my bag over to my back. I need some fresh air.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro