8: Ex

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Ana's POV

My statement proves correct as he arrives at our table and rests his hands on it. "Well, well well, if it isn't my whore of an ex."

"And if it isn't my moron of an ex," I come back in a smirk, confronting fire with fire.

"I see you've learned some sass," he acknowledges, his light brown orbs indicating wonder at my retort.

"What can I say, you bring out the best in me," I murmur, sarcasm oozing in every alphabet.

"Won't you like to join the show?" He invites his gaze on Glory.

"Won't you like to find another table?" She jeers, an eyebrow raised in scrutiny.

"Nah, I'm good," he concedes, wiggling his head and withdrawing to his normal 5ft 9inch posture.

"Then I'm good too," Glory mutters, the angle of her lips curling in a sneer.

"Why did you drop by at our corner Ken?" I issue, fed up with this cat and mouse game.

"I just came to say hi," he pronounces, his dark skin clashing with the yellow long-sleeved shirt and red slacks.

"Now you've done that, will you please?" I implore, gesturing at the other groups of people. "Fix yourself elsewhere?"

"Like the way, I fixed myself in your pussy and had you screaming my name?" He ridicules, causing me to grip the rim of the plastic in growing anger.

"Ken, please, leave," Glory grunts her eyes flashing fury at his statement.

"Why would I? The fun is just getting started," he grins.

"Ken," Glory calls in warning as I take deep breathes to soothe my emotions.

"What? She knows I'm not lying," he boasts. "Ana tell her it's the truth."

"Excuse me," I blurt, and rise, enduring enough of his shenanigans and shove him aside to walk past before I'm compelled to cause a scene.

I waddle out of the area to where I guess the restrooms should be. I'm almost at my location when I am hauled swiftly by the elbow, spurring me to crash into a broad chest.

A pair of strong arms circle me, pinning me in place and not permitting room for escape. In fear, I pound at him. Discovering that isn't proving futile, I hoist my right feet hastily and crash it down on his sneaker-clad feet.

"Fuck! What did you that for?" A voice that comes off as that of Ike interrogates, releasing me to clasp his feet.

"I should be the one asking you that!" I clamor in relief, my vision going to his face. "You almost gave me a heart attack."

"And you almost gave me a blister!" He exclaims.

"That's what you get for sneaking up on a pregnant woman," I scoff and seize a step back to examine his simple but classy attire of tight-fitting jeans and a red v-necked t-shirt that expresses his athletic physique.

"I didn't know pregnant women had such strength," he lets out, setting his left foot back on the ground.

"You'd be surprised," I snort, pleased my heartbeat is back to normal.

"Yeah, I'm surprised to see how stunning you look," he mumbles, switching our stance to rest my back on the wall, him between my legs. "Oh, how I've missed you."

"But you saw me yesterday," I gasp as his fingers ride up the slit of my dress to palm my thigh.

"That isn't enough," he murmurs in my shoulder, shifting his hands to clamp my behind. "Pregnancy does look good on you."

"What are you doing?" I choke out in query.

"Kissing you," he voices, and the next second his mouth clashes with mine.

My long-held resolve melts away as his tongue greets mine and they dance erotically eliciting a moan from me especially when he bits softly on my lower lip.

"You still taste heavenly," he tells, sucking ferociously, his palm moving to tug on my long black weaves.

I can only hum in response as I'm lost in a world of ecstasy, my body having a mind of its own as it presses to his manly frame.

"I wish I can fuck you right here," he groans, and I don't know how but those words yank me out of whatever trance I am in.

"You just had to say something stupid didn't you?" I qualm and thrust him away from me.

"What wrong did I utter?" He quizzes, baffled at my abrupt action.

"Just leave me be Ike," I beg, experiencing sadness all of a sudden.

"So you can frolic with that cheap ex of yours?" He slurs. "I was right to call you a slut after all."

"How dare you?" I poll, offering him a resounding slap that snatches him unawares as his eyes go wide.

I don't wait for a response as I storm out of there, my bones visibly shaking in rage while I make my path back to our table.

"Are you alright?" Glory investigates, observing my state.

"No," I decline. "Ike happened."

"What did he do?" She asks in concern.

"I don't want to think about it," I state, entrusting her a pleading look.

"I'll drop it," she nods.

"Thank you," I gleam.

"Only because the reception is ending and I can detect the manager preparing to make a beeline for us once again," she speaks.

"We'll wait for him then," I assert and lean back in my seat.

True to her words, he barrels in our direction, a huge grin plastered on his face. "Thank you once again for the amazing speech."

"I'm happy it was to your satisfaction," I utter. "We'll take our leave now."

"Before you go, here's a token to prove my gratitude," he whispers, plucking a white envelope from an usher behind him whom I didn't notice and hands it to me.

"No sir, that won't be necessary," I reject politely.

"But I want to," he urges. "It would be an insult for you to refuse."

Still wanting to argue, Glory nudges me in the side, "you heard the man, it would be an insult to decline."

"Oh yes, a huge one, so please?" He begs.

"Only because you insist," I affirm and retrieve the package from his outstretched palm. "Thank you for your patronage."

"You are welcome," he proclaims. "I'll be sure to leave a good word for my colleagues. Expect more jobs like this soon."

"Thank you, sir," I relish, and he departs after waving at us.

"How much is in there?" Glory inspects, eying what I'm holding.

"I don't know dear, I'm not a Genie," I mock at her curiosity.

"Genie's grant you wishes, they don't tell you the amount of money in an envelope," she opposes.

"You can make a wish to know the amount that's inside," I smirk, knowing I've won the argument.

"Smartass," she teases and stands up. "Let's get ourselves out of here."

"Yeah," I agree heaving myself off the chair and gathering my belongings. "We still have another appointment right?"

"Yup, a wedding vow appointment for Mr. Chinaemezu Donald and Miss Chinonye Richard," she reminds.

"Is it just me or do their names rhyme together?" I consult in curiosity as we steer to the exit glass doors.

"I know right?" She inquires, beaming. "I noticed it too."

"I just hope this one won't be difficult," I pray.

"As long as you don't screw the future husband and get pregnant for him then we are good," she lets out in a giggle.

"I swear I hate you at times," I groan and jab her while she laughs her ass off at her joke. "This isn't funny."

"I know, I know, sorry," she repents still chuckling.

"See you at the hotel," I grumble as I trudge to my car.

"Which--- oh, I'm right behind you!" She hollers as I yank open my car door and grant her a mock salute.

Glory and I get to the three-storied gold-painted vast building in our separate cars and join each other on the little steps that lead up to the marbled terrace, we simply exchange smiles in acknowledgment and walk side by side past the entrance into the interior.

"Which part of this hotel are we meeting her?" I investigate as we strut a few feet away from the receptionist's table.

"The restaurant area. Don't worry, I know my way around," She informs in confidence.

"Okay, we move then," I beam and signal for her to go ahead.

Nodding, she guides me through the different sectors of the ground floor. We go past the hall, the bar, not so lively club, till lastly the restaurant. Informing the security on who we are here to meet, he grants us access to the classy space.

Two or three chandeliers are hanging from the ceiling, casting a light glow on the well-carved mahogany furniture that blends well with the white walls. The different paintings and artworks dangling around adding a sense of color and glamour to the simple decor.

Glory directs the way to a table where an enchanting young lady of presumably twenty-four sits. Her not-so-fair skin serving as a good contrast to the black thin strapped blouse she's putting on which is hemmed in the waistband of what I see now to be boyfriend jeans, above white stilettos as she rises to greet us.

"Miss Chinonye Richard?" I ask, my hand extended for a shake.

"Yes ma'am, and you must be Miss Ana Alex, it's an honor to be your acquaintance." She welcomes a ready smile on her red-painted lips.

"Oh please don't call me ma'am," I snort. "I should be the same age as you, so Ana is fine."

"And call me Nonye, it's only fair," she gleams. "Please sit."

"Thank you," I nod, taking her offer. "You must have met my assistant Glory."

"Oh yes," she affirms her blue contact orbs directed at Glory. "Nice to see you again."

"Same here," Glory agrees.

"Can we get down to business?" I raise a question after we are all comfortable in each other's presence.

"I'm ready for your questions," she conveys in approval.

"Alright, where was the first place you met your fiancee?" I investigate, a pen and notepad ready to jot down her answers.

So, how did you like this chapter?
Please leave your opinions inline here.❤❤

To get updates about my books.
Please follow me up on
Freshy Gore Writes: Facebook
Freshy Focus: Facebook Page
Freshy Gore: Instagram
Freshy Gore: Twitter
+2348113775889: WhatsApp

Don't forget to tap that little star at the left end of your screen. Thank you😊

Freshy

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro