1. New Job

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

AWIYN - a place and institution which exorcise spiritual beings.

As strange that may sound, it is one of my dream places right now. After all, it not only is going to give me a job, but also an opportunity to discover the truths that mom has been hiding from... God knows how much time.

She is not my real mother, but she has always been one of the best mothers one can find.

Living in India, and being a single parent is very tough. I have experienced her pain as she always cried herself at night. But, where dawn stands, there always is dusk awaiting. People such as Sonya are kind enough to support us. She and her parents were always kind enough to help us in all kinds of dire situations. I have always seen an elder sister in her. Sure, she is my best friend but more like family.

That is why, one day, when she came running and panting to me, I got very worried. She said she had seen my father...

Yes, she was talking about a dead person !

But, I know Sonya better than  someone who would tell lies just to create chaos. She is not one of those who would either joke about dead people or think ill towards them. So, I followed after her to the well where she saw him standing but, as any movie scene, we didn't see anyone... not a single living soul was seen there, which is very usual.

After all, the well is considered haunted !

Personally, I don't believe in supernatural beings but if everyone is saying you to stay away from something, you should have the generosity to follow them. So, I always negotiated and stayed away from the well.

Recently, Sonya was given a dare to go there alone and have a selfie. I, personally, don't think we should follow those dares. After all, we should not listen to people. Their sole purpose of life is to be judgemental. Everyone knows that Sonya is very scared of that place, that's why they gave her the dare. She had no reason to prove herself, but NO, little miss scare ( her nickname ) has to prove them wrong so, she went and now, I got into this mess with my curiosity.

I have never seen my parents. I don't even know how they look but Sonya has. I don't know why I don't remember about them, but it's okay because whenever I ask these details to mom, she panicks. And I don't want that. We don't have any pictures of them as well !

At first, I was completely okay with these but after this Sonya incident, I suspect... things are not that simple as I see it.

So, when I got an email about the advertisement of AWIYN, I couldn't help but smile all day. It can be a wonderful opportunity to find my answers to those questions which are always left unasked.

My happiness doubled, no, tripled when I got another email telling me that I got accepted.

So, now, here I stand in front of the massive building in New York where I am going to join today.

Sure, I am going to enjoy my new job.

_____✒✒✒_____

Finally, first chapter !!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro