Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I sat outside watching him chop wood, I had a beer in my hand and the other arm leant on my leg.  "Where did you say you were from?" He asked.

"Asgard," I answered and took a swig from my beer.

"I see," he said swinging the axe down onto a log which split effortlessly. I leant my head onto my hand and continued to watch him, he paused and looked at me, "what's troubling you? Worrying you can't get back to Thor was it?"

I nodded, "yes,"

"I will help you if I can," he said walking over and crouching in front of me, he gently took my hands in his, "you lock the door behind me tonight," he said.

"I will," I said.

"Promise me." He said.

"I promise," I replied.  

He smiled at me, and then went back to chopping wood, I chugged down the last of my beer and then headed towards the lake, I needed to be alone I need to think. I saw trout in the river I watched them swimming silently unaware of the predators that were lurking over them. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned quickly it was Loki again. "Go away!" I growled and turned back to the lake. 

"No, you need to hear this." he said and gripped my wrist as I began to walk away. 

"No I don't, you banished me here why can't you leave me in peace?" I asked. 

"Because my brother needs you, he can't move out of his bed Gilda. He won't eat and he won't drink he needs you." he said and tightened his grip on my wrist. 

"Too bad I'm not going back," I said and looked back at Dwayne. 

"Please don't tell me you have fallen for him?" Loki asked following my gaze to the long haired man still chopping the wood, but his gaze lifted and he saw us both, his eyes turned yellow and he raced towards us, Loki took that as his time to escape and abandoned us but by the time he reached the end of the dock Loki had disappeared and he went into the water head first. 

"You okay?" I asked watching him swim to the edge. 

"Who was that?" he asked. 

"Loki, Thors brother." I said, he walked back to me. 

"What does he want?" he asked. 

"He wants me to return, apparently Thor is suffering because I'm not there." I said not meeting his eyes. He rested a hand on my neck and rested his hand in my mine. 

"If the man you love is suffering, Gilda, you must return." he told me. 

"I can't," I replied. 

"Why not?" he asked me, he moved his hand under my chin and  gently tipped my head to look up at him. 

"Because the planet I came from was not Asgard and I don't want to be a gladiator." I said. 

"Isn't this Thor important to you?" he asked, a concerned look contorting his features. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro