8: Pancakes

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The sun in my eyes made me wake up and I rub my eyes. I yawned and stretch, Feeling warm covers over me and a familiar sweet scent.

I look down and see that im in wally's bed again, I swing my legs over to the edge and get up. Slipping into my slippers and I walk to the living room to see Wally fast asleep on the couch. He was covered with a simple red blanket and his head was resting on a throw pillow with the shape of a cake.

Guilt started to run through me as I realize he usually sleeps on the couch when I'm over and its probably not the most comfy place to be but..... How did I end up on wallys bed? We were watching tv when I dosed off but.....

My cheeks turn pink at the thought of Wally picking me up and setting me on his bed. It wouldn't be the first time but I'm just now processing it. He's stronger than I think.

I tiptoe closer to him and see that he's peacefully sleeping. His hair was down again but dry. Fluffy blue locks are sprawled on the pillow and his eye mask was covering his eyes. A soft snore makes a way out of his mouth and I try not to giggle as I step away from him.

Looking around the quiet home, I walk towards the kitchen.

"I think it's time I repay the host.." I mutter as I start to rummage through his fridge.

~

I stare at the stack of pancakes with a satisfied smile. Looking at the three fucked up one's that's were in the trash. It's been a minute since I've made pancakes but hey, the first ones never come out perfect.

I sliced apples and put them around the pancakes. Adding syrup and butter. Finally, I added a cup of apple juice and added everything on a tray. Picking it up and walking towards the living room where I see Wally yawning.

"Home... What's that smell?" He mutters as he rubs the sleep from his eyes, His face mask on his head. Home does a few squeaks and he looks over at me standing there with a shy smile.

"Neighbor? What are you doing?" He looked at me confused and I walk over to him and he sits up more. Setting the tray on his lap, I sit on the other end of the couch.

"I made you breakfast." I smile at him.

His eyes light up as he looks down. He looked almost speechless, His lips were parted and his eyes wide.

"You... Made me breakfast? You didn't have to! That's what I'm supposed to do for you!" He exclaims and I giggle as he looks over at me with eyes of wonderment.

"It's the least I could for you. For letting me sleep in your bed and for..." I look down at the bandage and my heart rate picks up from the memories of yesterday.

"For taking care of my wound..." My cheeks turn red but he didn't notice. His cheeks turn bright pink and his eyes shined of something. Something I couldn't quite place.

"No one has ever made me.... Breakfast..." He mutters as he starts to blink away a bit of his pancakes.

Goosebumps form on my skin as I watch him. Not used to seeing him eat.

"Wow... These are incredible. How did you learn to make them so well?" He looked at me with bright eyes and I sigh in delight.

"Practice and a lot free time." I admit and Wally finishes his food.

"Aren't you hungry?" He tilted his head and i smile.

"I have a habit of eating while I cook. Trust me, I ate like three while making you those." I admit and he chuckles. He gets up and sets the empty tray on the coffee table.

"Your clothes from yesterday are dry. I washed and dried them for you..." He says as he gets up and picks up the folded laundry, Handing it to me.

"That's so sweet of you.." My heart beat picks up but stop completely by his next words.

"Can't have going out in my clothes. People will think you're mine.... And we can't have that now can we." He whispers and my eyes go wide. His eyes looked into mine and his smirk made me stay frozen in my spot.

"Now, I'll go wash these dishes. You should change." He steps away, Looking satisfied with my reaction and runs his hands through his blue hair, Pushing it back. Somehow that small action made my stomach flutter. Was he always this attractive?

"O-oh, Alright..." I whisper as he walks off and I felt like I could breath again. Getting up from my spot, I go change into my clothes.

~

"Come on! It'll be just like old times!" I hear Julie's voice and I walk out of the bathroom. Running my fingers through my hair.

"Julie... I doubt I'll be good." Wally sounded slightly annoyed but tried to polite. He was holding the door open as julie was outside with her yellow skates.

"But you used to be the star of it!" She says.

Julie didn't look convince and Wally starts to mumble about something about how he would rather paint. Julie looks behind him and sees me. Her eyes light up and swiftly walks past Wally. Her red dress bouncing at every step she took.

"(Y/n)! You'll go right?"

I tilt my head at her and she giggles.

"Roller Skating!"

Wally looked like he didn't want to be here right now. He closed the door of his home with a sigh. My eyes brighten up as I look at Julie.

"I never roller skated before... I'll probably fall a lot..." I mutter and Julie smiles brightly.

"Everyone's going so you aren't the only one! It'll be just like old times but...." She looks over at Wally. His arms were crossed and he looked reluctant. A smirk crossed my face as I whisper to Julie.

"Don't worry. I got this."

I walk towards Wally and he eyes me suspiciously.

"We should go. It would be fun?" I suggest and he looks away.

"It's not my thing anymore." He mumbles and I smirk.

"You did say you would teach me." I remind him of yesterday and he quickly look at me.

"I said maybe!"

"Please?" I look into his eyes but he didn't budge and I sigh.

"I guess I'll have to ask Barnaby or Eddie to show me.." I say to him and his eyes widen slightly. He looked like he was debating on what to say and finally a heavy sigh leaves his lips.

"Alright! I'll go!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro