Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

As I sat in the corner of the library, my heart heavy with the weight of cruel remarks. The sting of being labeled a scholarship student, as if my presence in the prestigious institution was solely due to charity, still gnawed at me. It was a familiar pain, yet it never failed to cut deep. Lost in my thoughts, I pretended to immerse myself in a book, though my mind couldn't focus on the words before me.

Amidst the turmoil of my thoughts, I sensed someone settling into the seat across from me. I didn't need to glance up to know who it was, but I maintained my facade of absorption in the book, hoping to evade any conversation.

"I heard what happened in your section," his voice broke through the silence, carrying a hint of concern.

"Don't tell me you're upset because of those spoiled brats."

"I'm just reading," I replied, feigning indifference as I kept my eyes trained on the pages before me.

"Really? When did you learn Russian?" the voice persisted, teasing yet laced with genuine concern.

Startled, I looked up, only then realizing that in my haste to seek solace in the library, I had grabbed a Russian language book from the shelf without even realizing it. Meeting his gaze, I saw the worry etched on his face, a stark contrast to the mocking tones of our classmates.

Caught off guard, I couldn't help but let a small smile tug at the corners of my lips.

"They're just jealous, Akshara. You don't need to let their useless remarks get to you," Abhimanyu spoke with a gentle tone, his words laced with affection as he reached out to offer comfort.

His reassurance washed over me, momentarily soothing the sting of their hurtful words. Deep down, I knew he was right – their jealousy stemmed from their own insecurities. Yet, the truth still weighed heavy on my heart. Yes, I was a scholarship student, and yes, their parents' donations paved the way for my education here. But I hadn't chosen to be an orphan, nor had I chosen poverty.

Despite the weight of my circumstances, Abhi's presence beside me brought a sense of lightness. His unwavering support and understanding helped to ease the burden I carried. Through the hours spent working on our science project together, our bond had deepened, providing a source of solace in the midst of adversity. In his company, I found a refuge from the judgment and cruelty of our peers. In these past few months I have made many good memories with Abhi.

Suddenly, Abhi's gentle tap on the table broke through my thoughts, drawing me back to the present. "Hey, what are you thinking?" he asked, concern etched in his features. "Are you still dwelling on those..."

Before he could finish his sentence, I interrupted with a smile, "I'm okay. I'm thinking about you."

His puzzled expression mirrored my own confusion. "What?" he queried, clearly taken aback by my unexpected response.

"Thank you for being in my life, Abhimanyu. Your friendship means the world to me," I confessed, feeling a surge of gratitude for his unwavering support. "Yes, I used to let their taunts get to me, but with you by my side, I have better things to focus on."

The words spilled out in a rush, surprising even myself with their honesty. It had been brewing within me for some time now, this realization that my feelings for Abhimanyu extended beyond mere friendship.

Abhi's teasing smile brought me back to the present. "I don't know if I'm reading this right, but should I take that as a confession?" he quipped, his playful demeanor meant to lift my spirits.

Though his tone was light, his words sparked a flurry of emotions within me. Caught off guard by his question, I hesitated for a moment before finding the courage to speak my truth.

"Abhimanyu, I think I like you more than just a friend," I admitted, my heart racing with anticipation.

For a moment, Abhi seemed frozen in disbelief, and I feared I had overstepped. But then, he reached out, gently taking hold of my wrist to stop me from fleeing. "Akshara, I've liked you from the moment we met. When I saw you trying to help that kitten in the backyard, my heart skipped a beat," he confessed, his words washing over me like a wave of relief and joy.

For so long, I had buried my feelings deep within, afraid of the potential awkwardness that could arise if I confessed my love for Abhimanyu. The thought of losing him as a friend was unbearable, so I kept my emotions tightly guarded. But now, as he confessed his feelings for me, it became clear that he had fallen for me first.

As our eyes met, a rush of warmth flooded my cheeks, and I couldn't help but blush alongside him. In that moment, it felt as though time stood still, our hearts beating in sync with the joy of our newfound connection.

In that instant, I realized that there was so much more to look forward to than dwelling on the hurtful remarks of our peers. With Abhi by my side, I had found a newfound sense of happiness and purpose, one that overshadowed any doubts or insecurities. Together, we could navigate whatever challenges lay ahead, armed with the strength of our friendship and the blossoming promise of something more.

As I settled into the chair beside Abhi's bed, a heavy weight pressed upon my heart, making even the simplest of gestures feel daunting. Once, the touch of his hand brought comfort and warmth, but now it felt foreign and uncertain. Still, with trembling fingers, I reached out and placed my hand gently atop his.

"I don't know if you can hear me," I began softly, my voice barely above a whisper, "or if you can feel this touch. If you can, you might even hate it." Tears welled in my eyes as I spoke, the weight of uncertainty and guilt bearing down on me.

"But the doctor said extreme emotions might help bring you out of this coma," I continued, my voice wavering with emotion. "If hating me can bring you back, then I would gladly bear that burden. You can punish me for my past sins, but please, don't remain motionless like this. Don't give me this punishment."

My words tumbled out in a rush, mingling with tears and prayers as I clung to his hand, desperate for some sign of life. The room felt suffocatingly quiet, the only sound of the soft hum of machines and the steady rhythm of Abhi's breathing. All I could do was wait and hope, praying with all my heart that he would awaken from his comatose state.

A/N

Here's the chapter. I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments, and if you enjoyed it, please consider hitting the vote button. Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro